Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: Glossy Exclusive Paper|Change

on December 10, 2008
I purchased this about a year ago. It's excellent. Yes, it's small, but that's why I like it. Ever try to use those stupid "L" shaped allen wrenches that are included in the box of every piece of furniture that needs assembling? They don't work, they slip, and you end up banging your knuckles in the hard to reach places they've placed the screws. You can't use a normal allen wrench because the space is too tight.

Well this little tool solves all your problems.

I had to assemble the crib my wife & I bought for our baby. The screws were placed in the tightest places. It was so tight, you couldn't get a normal allen wrench in there....and as I mentioned above, the silly "L" shaped allen wrench wasn't working. I couldn't get the proper leverage to tighten the screw and the thing kept sliding off causing me to bang up my fist pretty good.

I purchased this product and was able to get it into all those tight spaces with easy and it worked like a charm! I've since been forced to use it numerous other times and it's never failed.

It's well built. Very handy. And perfect for assembling anything where the screws are hidden or in a confined space. It's a great addition to my tool box and I can't say enough good things about it. It's been a lifesaver.
44 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2010
If you are looking for a short screwdriver for those cramped locations, this is the tool you need. The ratchet is a big plus over the small stubby screwdrivers.

I don't know why some people are complaining about quality. Goodness, this thing only costs $8. Are you using it to build the space shuttle or something?
on October 30, 2011
This tool is one of those you seek out after fighting a screw with the head facing 1" away from an obstruction. You most likely don't want to go through that again. This is not intended to be an everyday screwdriver.

Given that, it sat in my toolbag for a few weeks before being called upon. And,it failed to perform as expected, so I seemed to have traded one frustration for another. It did get the screw out with some work, but even at it's low cost I was disappointed.

Here's why:
If the obstructed screw is torqued down tightly, at all, you will find that you can't put adequate force on the end of the handle to keep the bit in the screw head. Especially flat head screws. So, you end up having to try and fit your fingers in the cramped space to push on the back side of the bit, as you turn. By time you get this tool, and your fingers in the space you could have fit a stubby screwdriver in the same amount of space with less frustration.

The ratcheting is way to coarse for the application. Fine tooth ratcheting is needed most in close quarters, and since this tool is made for that I expected fine tooth ratcheting.

Note:
There are 7 bits included in this tool. Be aware of customer images showing 30 or so.

On the plus side:
I found this to be a useful tool when combined with a set of nut drivers for putting in drills. You can slide most of them into the hole of this tool and make a close-quarters nut driver without the problems mentioned above.
55 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 5, 2010
I have used this product and it is fine for limited use. The metal from which the bits are cast seems a little soft and accordingly is likely to wear more quickly. I probably should not include the rest of my opinion in this Amazon review however, Sears has a Craftsmen set which contains 3 ratchets instead of one, and includes 4 different bits that are made of a harder metal, all at a fairly reasonable, but higher price. The big difference is that the Craftsman set, which I have had for a number of years, supplies a straight ratchet that is similar to the ratchet sold herein plus 2 angled ratchets, the heads of which are roughly +35 degrees and -35 degrees from the straight ratchet. This makes for a versatile set of ratchets that can accommodate much more difficult to reach screws. I have used the Craftsman set many times and mentally thank my wife for the foresight of giving me this Christmas stocking present each time I use it because many times I have no tool that is a good alternative. I found that the Craftsman set was so valuable that I bought an extra set for myself, and also gave sets to my son and to my son-in-law.

While there is nothing really wrong with the ratchet set being sold here, and it is a good value for limited use, I would suggest that you check out the Craftsman set first. I have written a number of reviews in which I recommended a product sold by Amazon. However, in this rare instance, I believe their selections do not include sufficient alternatives for their wide range of customers.
77 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2011
I purchased this tool so I could install two tweeters in my car's dashboard right up against the windshield. I had about 1.5 inches above the screw for clearance, and couldn't get a regular screw driver in place.

This little tool worked like a charm. It is smaller than I expected, which is good. No one is going to torque down a big screw with something like this, as you just won't get the downward force that you would with regular screwdriver. This tool is designed to work with smaller screws in tight places, and it does that very well.

I hate crappy tools, and this tool is not crappy. For $8, this tool is nicer than I expected, and should last a very long time with periodic use.

The only thing I'll add is that I would look for a nicer tool if I were needing to use it daily in a professional environment (a stereo installer, for example). However, pro's don't typically dig through Amazon looking for a bargain screwdriver that ships via Prime so it can show up in time for a weekend project. For that reason, I don't hesitate to give this screwdriver 5 stars.
on February 9, 2012
This concept of a screwdriver for "Close-Quarters" is excellent. It is ideal for use in very limited work areas. The ratcheting function works well, without slippage or cam-out. Although this is not a fine tooth ratchet, the degrees of rotation from one stop to the next is still acceptable for most tasks. Aside from that, with a unit this size, the fine tooth configuration may not withstand very much torque. The bit set that is included offers a nice variety of sizes and applications. I added an adapter (hex-to-1/4" square drive) to the set so I could use a few smaller sockets if ever needed. This screwdriver is catagorized as a "mini", but I am pleasantly surprised with its durability. A nice addition to any tool box. GJM
on March 19, 2011
This right angle ratchet screwdriver is only 4 inches long and comes with 6 different screw types and sizes. It's very useful in tightening screws in deep areas where space is limited. I recommend using a longer screw head for added clearance and better torque.

The only negative thing I can say about it's design is the tightening (clockwise)/ loosening (counter clockwise) locking mechanism can be accidentally pushed so easily when cranking it.
on August 19, 2014
I own several Neiko brand products and fnd them to be good quality for the price. This is a very useful tool that allows you to reach into spaces that even a stubby screwdriver would be too large to use. The racheting action feels solid and is easy to operate. Includes common sized screwdrivers and bits, but will accept other bits. A worthwhile addition to your toolbox. Recommended.
on April 28, 2012
stop second guessing. if you think you need this ratcheting screwdriver to get the job done, get it. In my case I moved in to a home where the previous owner installed some odd shaped handles to some of the kitchen cabinets. I could not unscrew the ones that's stuck above the doors under the kitchen sink. I had only about 2 inches of room to work with and the sink blocks any chance I could stick any kind of screwdriver in there to get them out. I looked everywhere and tried everything I could think of with pilers and all and I almost gave up until I found this on amazon. Boy it sure wasn't easy but this is exactly the right tool to get the job done. The Neiko 03044A actually feels very sturdy and gets the job done and done well. I now know that I have another trick up my sleeve next time I come across another one of those tricky screws to tackle.
on February 18, 2014
If you need a 90 degree screwdriver consider buying this instead, that 's what I did. The ratcheting head is great for tight spots, which you are already into if you need a 90 degree screwdriver in the first place. The different changeable heads make it even more versatile. Great little tool to add to any tool box or junk drawer.