4.0 out of 5 stars just the right value balance
This rain suit is more than just a decent quality, its seams are well constructed, and fit is good over clothing. I'm 5'9" 165lbs, 42" chest, and 30" . I ordered the large and it fits great.
Published 18 months ago by jh

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the best.
I don't know if I got a defective one or what. Putting on jacket for second time and the zipper pulled away from the jacket. Returning this item and will try the froggs. Twice as much, but I need a good rain suit for riding.
Published 9 months ago by James M.

4.0 out of 5 stars just the right value balance, July 6, 2013
This review is from: Nelson-Rigg Stormrider Rain Suit (Black/High Visibility Yellow, Large) (Automotive)

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT!, June 3, 2013
Used my suit for the first time commuting in this morning. It was a chore to get on, but worth it to stay dry. I'm an ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time) rider and this fits perfectly over my safety gear (jacket, pants, boots). I ordered it in a size Large which is the same size as my gear and had no problems putting it on over top of my gear.

Most importantly, it kept me nice and dry!

The neck collar is a tad tight and bunches up at the neck/chin area. I think this may be attributed to the large collar on my riding jacket though. The heel/boot loops are pointless, they don't stretch enough form me to use without pulling the pants down at the waist.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the best., April 2, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great riding gear, May 22, 2013
Margaret L. Fosnaught (Darlington, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Good fit, easy to don when the weather turns bad. The cuffs are adjustable, the neckline keeps the rain out. I was glad to have this on the bike when we ran into our first storm.

2.0 out of 5 stars so I thought I would be happy with this one as well, July 10, 2014
S. GRAY "sgray44444" (Newton Falls, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
I owned an older Nelson-Rigg rainsuit, so I thought I would be happy with this one as well. I was able to test it yesterday on the way home from work. It was a 30 mile ride in a good downpour.
There were a couple things I found to be disappointing when comparing this suit to an older model. The first was the fitment. I ordered the same size I had used in the past (and it agreed with their website), and while the jacket seemed to be a good fit, the pants were too short. I either had to not use the boot hooks or there was not enough inseam. My boots are mid-rise, so I left the hooks in place and dealt with the lack of flexibility in the legs: better than a boot full of water.
The jacket design is not great, in my opinion. The front flap didn't seal well, and the idea to use velcro at the wrists instead of elastic means that I got significant water in through the sleeves. My shirt was soaked down the middle front and at the sleeves. For some reason, my older jacket that is similar didn't seem to leak like this at the front. The elastic at the sleeves kept water out well, even if it didn't look quite as nice.
If I had to do it again, I would look at something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nelson Rigg Rainsuit, July 21, 2013
The suit fits well and is good value for the money, I am pleased. Bright yellow makes for better visibility, but it scares my cat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, July 19, 2013
M. Levine (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
I was really surprised at the quality of this item. Especially, considering the price. I've used it several times during heavy downpours and have stayed dry.

1.0 out of 5 stars unusable after 4 months, October 1, 2014
Pants started to disintegrate after 4 months, internal waterproofing layer peeling off and makes mess. Total waste of money, stay away!

5.0 out of 5 stars can't beat it for price, October 17, 2013
Can't beat the price and how well it works. It does the job greatly, all dry after 40 miles in a Florida down pore.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pants are fine, unless you want to ride in them., January 2, 2014
Purchased these for getting caught in the rain accidentally.

The weatherproof coating stretched out and became useless after one ride.