Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on March 28, 2010
Limited in scope this narrative about roses would be a starting point for someone who lived in Florida with little experience. I sometimes felt I was reading a promotions book. Mr. Nelson definitely has his favorites and some I already have.

Extreme heat and humidity are a constant from May through September and Nelson shares ways of battling it and having roses thrive. I would have loved to see more in-depth information on roses of other names and some colorful pictures of everything he lists used in the landscape. Instead he shares ways of making basic petal sweet sauce or using roses as a spice in jams and jellies.

Not for everyone, if you are new to gardening in Florida or have never grown roses at all, you may enjoy this. Crafting and looking for ideas on roses? Try The Book of Potpourri or The Scented House, both by Penny Black. Do you have experience and just want a basic great book on roses? Try The American Rose Society Encyclopedia of Roses by Charles & Brigid Quest-Ritson.

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free. -Michelangelo