5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
This fits my Sony NEX-5 with the lens and flash attached perfectly! Like the other review said, it's more a sleeve than bag, so I just use it to protect against scratches and dings while transporting in my luggage or bags, etc.
Published on January 18, 2011 by Dwight Schrute

1.0 out of 5 stars NEX-5 "Loose" Fit
Published on April 7, 2011 by D. J. Buker

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 18, 2011
This review is from: Flex Armor Neo-Cushion Camera Cover Case for Sony Alpha NEX Series / Olympus PEN / Panasonic GF Series (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars NEX-5 "Loose" Fit, April 7, 2011
I purchased this product specifically for a Sony NEX-5 as it was represented to fit this particular camera. The price was good. While the product was constructed of materials as advertised, it was too big for the NEX-5 which fit very loosely. The case also utilizes a snap closure that is difficult to fasten given the looseness of fit over the camera inside. The camera tends to float around inside this very cushioned but loose case.

Notwithstanding these concerns, the vendor has gone to extraordinary lengths to satisfy me. While it is not cost-effective to return the product, given the vendor's strong desire to satisfy its customer, I would definitely consider purchasing other products from them in the future. Meanwhile, I suggest they revise their description of this product to note that it is very flexible and allows for a "universal" fit to generally accommodate various brands and models of cameras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit to my Sony NEX-6 and Sony Zeiss 24mm Lens, March 24, 2013
Kevin "N=1" (Sherwood Forest) - See all my reviews
Executive Summary: If you need a travel case to protect your NEX 6 and attached lens while packed in a carry-on, this might be the perfect solution for you. This is not a daily use case that will protect your camera from a fall.

I was looking for a travel case for my Sony NEX-6 & Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Lens combo that would protect the camera and lens while packed inside my Tumi Luggage T-Tech Network T-Pass Expandable Laptop Brief (a great bag!). The case (with camera) fits inside the main compartment (without being expanded) perfectly. I don't need a daily-use carry case, just one the will protect it while in the bag from the other contents in the bag while traveling.

To reiterate what several other reviewers have said: This is not a case that in which you can quickly store and removed the camera. It takes a little work and coordination to get it in there, and back out again. The upside of this is that it adds very little bulk with a lot of protection. This is a 5-star product for this use case.

**If you want this as a daily-use carry case for easy access, then it's definitely a 2-star product. It'll hold the camera, but will frustrate you and not provide adequate drop protection.**

Reading the other reviews and the product specs I could not get a good feeling for if it was a good fit for my setup. One 1-star review flat out stated that it didn't fit the NEX 6. I took a chance an ordered it anyway (I don't give much weight to 1-star reviews, or short 5-star reviews for that matter). For this combo it is perfect. The NEX 6 body is larger than the NEX 3/5. A NEX 3/5 would be loose in this case (and other reviewers have said so). The NEX 6 fits perfectly in the body section of the case. The case snugs the camera very nicely (not stretched and no extra room). My Sony Zeiss 24mm lens fits very well in the lens section of the case with the hood attached in the reverse position (see my customer image). The 16-50 zoom lens that came with the camera would, of course, fit inside, and there would be a lot of excess room in the case (enough to pack a pancake lens too, there's an idea...).

For reference (and helping other decide if it'll fit) the Zeiss lens extends just under 3.25 inches from the front of the camera body, and there is about 0.5 inches of room left in front of the lens when inserted into the case. The hood on the lens has a diameter of 3.0 inches and fits in the case with just a little room to spare (for maybe a 3 3/4" max diameter fit).

This case might be too small for any lens that extends more than 3.5 inches from the face of the camera. (I'm measuring from not from the face of the silver mount ring, but the black face of the camera body.) Several of the Sony zoom 200/210 lenses are probably right on the edge of fitting. Unfortunately one cannot trust the dimensional specifications on the Sony website because there are completely wrong for the Zeiss lens (the actual lens being 1/2" longer and 1/2" wider than specified). If you already have the lens then use my guidelines (max extension: about 3.75", max diameter: 3.75") to decide if it will fit.

Previous reviewers have mentioned that the snaps are exposed on the inside bottom of the case where the bottom of the camera body rests. This is true. Over time I'm sure that this will leave cosmetic blemishes on the camera body. I will attempt to avoid this by placing two soft-side hook-and-loop dots (like these Velcro Dots, but purchased locally) over the snaps. I suspect the use of snaps was a design trade-off against using a simple hook-and-loop fastener strip. (I would have preferred a hook-and-loop over snaps, but that might compromise the fit for larger camera that require a little stretching).

I have no comments on the included card reader other than it fits well in the small zipper pocket on the back of the case. I'll probably never use it. That small zipper pocket will hold an extra battery nicely (without the card reader). That's probably a far better use for the pocket.

(posted 3/24/2012)
(updated 3/25/2013 to clarify and add detail and add product links)

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean & Lightweight Protection for Sony nex-5, December 26, 2010
A sony nex-5 fits nicely. Consider this a "sleeve" rather than a bag and you'll likely be pleased. It is thick enough to provide some protection, but also thin enough to place in a jean pocket when not in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Little Sleeve, SD Card Reader A Nice Plus!, November 28, 2012
I just received this little neoprene cover to use with my NEX-7 with the kit 18-55mm lens. I'm happy with the purchase. I typically throw my camera into a large backpack whenever I'm headed out the door. The camera has picked up a few scratches and I realized it was time to get a minimal case/sleeve to protect the camera from small abrasions.

It's a good fit. There is some extra play around the lens section, but I'm fine with that. It's a little snug on the width of the camera, requiring just a small amount of finessing to get the camera in. I leave the EVF hood, lens cover, UV filter, and lens hood on all the time. The bag easily accommodates my setup.

This would've been a four star review, but as I was unpacking the case the little SD card reader fell out. I completely forgot! This was an extra win for me as I don't have a card reader for my main editing rig (I know, I know). It's a good compact size. The packaging states that it is USB 2.0 and, without doing extensive speed testing, can attest that it read my card quickly.

I got mine on sale (around $10, I think) and am very, very satisfied with my purchase. If anything changes, though, I'll post an update!

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile protection for my Sony NEX-5, March 14, 2011
At first I was worried that the case was too big for my Sony Nex-5. It slid around a bit with the 18-55mm lens attached. I was pleasantly surprised that it stretched to snuggly fit my camera with a lens adapter and 55-200mm lens attached. It seems to be high quality and I love the little zipper pocket for extra memory cards. Great value with the bonus card reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my needs and my Sony Nex-3, April 8, 2013
I am not a professional, not even an amateur photographer, but purchased a Sony Nex-3 that was on sale for a great price. First time using a compact camera system and decided to get a case. After looking around I bought the USA Gear Flexarmor. It fits the Sony Nex-3 perfectly with little movement. I do not use the carabiner, and it appears to be the typical "not for climbing" cheap carabiners. There is no zipper enclosure, but instead a flap that folds over and is secured by velcro (hook and loop) fasteners. The opening to put a camera into the case is not completely opened, and it requires you to stretch the opening to fit the body of the camera inside. The inside of the case is lined by a soft felt type material that does not scratch the camera body. I have always kept the sleeve inside a backpack so I can't comment about whether the outside padding is functional or more for display.

Overall, the case was affordable and fit my Sony Nex-3 perfectly. I know the later Nex models (3N, 5) are smaller than the Nex-3, so this case should be an adequate size.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great case for a Nikon 1 J1, July 22, 2013
Chris V. (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to hold a Nikon 1 J1 camera while on a hiking trip. It holds the camera nicely and clips to either my belt or a strap on my hiking pack. I did swap out the included carabiner for a stronger one as I didn't think it was beefy enough.
I would only recommend using it on day hikes however, as I believe a camera chest harness or sling would be more comfortable in the long run.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for your buck!, February 7, 2013
Have really enjoyed this case as my other one felt too bulky to throw in purse (& for me lately the diaper bag). It isn't perfect in these aspects: you must stretch it a bit to squeeze in camera (wish it had zipper or something to open easier), it's not deep enough to fit camera strap inside, & no spot to fit charger. That said- it is meant to be compact and smaller so I totally overlook these flaws. However getting it in/out of case would be ideal when I need it quickly to snap a pic of my kids. Also wanted to add I think it looks very nice and high quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for Olympus PEN series, January 25, 2013
I needed a lightweight case for when I'm on the go with my new Olympus EM-P2 (which is too small for most dslr camera cases) and this fits the bill perfectly. Although it's a loose fit with just the kit lens attached the case feels secure due to the design of the sleeve and flap - and I like having the extra length at the front of the case for when I have the longer zoom lens attached. It's also easy to slip the camera in and out because the fit is not too snug. I can also keep an extra battery wrapped in a cleaning cloth in the front of the case. The snaps on the flap feel secure, but as I have only been using the case for a week I can't comment on their durability. There is a pocket on the outside of the flap and it's got ample space for extra memory cards.