4.0 out of 5 stars Has to be read to be believed

1.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review
Published on May 14, 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Has to be read to be believed, February 22, 1999
This review is from: Neo-Tech Discovery (Paperback)
A compendium of history and attitudes on how to get the mostfrom life. Frank R. Wallace, like other great thinkers before him(Freud and even Einstein come to mind) combines brilliant, unique insights with pure crap. I am 41 years old and have read thousands of books, and this one is, without exaggeration, the most powerful I have ever picked up. Wallace is an almost unbelievably charismatic writer, with ideas which nobody else has seemed to touch that ring true. It's hard to read it without ending up with at least some libertarian tendencies.
As to the brown matter, this book was first published in 1975 - 24 years ago - and there is simply no evidence or literature that suggests that "psychuous sex" as he explains it even exists. On the nature of homosexuality, and in some aspect of romantic attempts, he now seems less like a prophet than just badly dated. He also, in all his books, seems to write them in outline style, leaving it to the reader to devise nearly all specific methods of following his romantic, life, or poker tenets, sort of like a very high-level theory course. His latest forays into "Zonpower" and the like, available free on the Internet, take this to an extreme. The book crosses over into raving near the end, and he totally blew the review of Future Shock.
With that said, two-thirds of the book is material the likes of which you have simply never seen. If we can count just the good stuff, and it will be fairly easy for you to tell what that is, this book could be one of the best of the 20th century (!!!!).
As far as I can tell, this book has been pretty well ignored by history. He said it was "not a commercial success," and I haven't even heard of any other serious writer quoting his work or even debunking it. Did anyone ever debate him? Did anyone say this book was garbage and why? Did anyone ever communicate an opinion between loving him (which I gather a lot of people do) and detesting everything he has ever written (likewise)?

5.0 out of 5 stars HONEST TO REALITY!, December 21, 1998
This review is from: Neo-Tech Discovery (Paperback)
I have read this book several times in the 5 years since I purchased it. I am still not cured of all the irrationality in my life, but at least now I have the knowledge to do what is logical and correct. REMEMBER THIS: LAZINESS & DISHONESTY are the cause of all evil in the world. From within & without! As a companion to this book I would recommend "THE ORIGIN OF CONSCIOUSNESS IN THE BREAKDOWN OF THE BICAMERAL MIND" by Julian Jaynes. Good luck to those of you who wish to make it thru these turbulent times ahead!

1.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review, May 14, 2004
This review is from: Neo-Tech Discovery (Paperback)
A mix of rambling presumptuous points/stories and half stolen self-help/philosophical concepts, this book is too big, too long, too confusing, and promises way too much. This elitist and authoritarian book does make some good arguments that will attract many individuals seeking direction and purpose. Religious individuals with a strong sense of self and faith will find this book offensive and may think of it as abhorrently "evil". If you wanted a good self-help book, look elsewhere. If you want a different philosophical perspective of the world from an almost cultish anti-religious frame of mind, then this is a great book to SKIM.

1.0 out of 5 stars SECRETS OR A CON JOB, October 14, 2004
This review is from: Neo-Tech Discovery (Paperback)
Unlock all the secrets for a better life with this book only $300US, seems he forgot to put the secrets in though, so , second offer, only $150US, oh no the secrets wern't in there either, so a third book, and the list goes on. Now up to number six and still have not found the secrets. CON! CON! CON! dO NOT GET SUCKED IN TO THE WEB.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Self-Help Book, March 23, 1999
This review is from: Neo-Tech Discovery (Paperback)
I had read some Objectivist literature before reading Neo-Tech, and was intrigued. But I was dismayed at Rand's somewhat hostile statements regarding such topics as homosexuality and the possibility of a female president (she regarded the idea as ridiculous). Then I received an information package on Neo-Tech, and sent off for the book right away. When I first read the book, I knew I had found the ultimate self-help book. And it has none of Objectivism's cultish elements. Read it and live the good life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't say enough about this one!, June 13, 1998
This review is from: Neo-Tech Discovery (Paperback)
This book is SO much more than you could ever imagine. It's not as crazy or impractical as I originally thought. I heard some negative stuff about it but I sure am glad I didn't listen too hard. THIS BOOK WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! It is BY FAR the best book (in general) that I have ever read. GET IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Neo-Tech is the best thing for all of us., May 30, 1999
This review is from: Neo-Tech Discovery (Paperback)
I received The Neo-Tech Discovery about 4 years ago. Honestly the only information I've come across that makes sense. I am no longer a sheep in the herd, I am now the sheep herder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best book ever written!, July 1, 1998
This review is from: Neo-Tech Discovery (Paperback)
At the age of 20, I bought this book. I consider myself lucky to have been exposed to the information in the Neo-Tech discover at such a young age. Simply put, the Neo-Tech Discovery is the best book every written in my opinion, and it has totally changed my life. This world of ours is filled with irrationality. Neo-Tech will protect/cure you of many of the irrationalities of this world. I'm now 34 and exercise daily, don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I have a hot, passionate relationship with a sexy 22 year old domincan godess, and I have my own 3D animation business. I absolutely love my life and I give all credit to The Neo-Tech Discovey! Just buy this book and be prepared for an unreturnable adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars POWERFUL! THIS book changed my life!, March 9, 1998
This review is from: Neo-Tech Discovery (Paperback)
At first, I wondered what the hell I was doing spending so much money for a paperback book, but looks can and are deceiving. I was mixed up for most of my life and now, 2 years after receiving Neo-Tech, I am an entirely different person.... It's difficult to imagine who I was and what I have now become. After having mysticism rammed down my throat most of my life, my mind was ravaged in forms of mysticisms I never realized before. Neo-Tech was like a breath of fresh air and it definitely changed my life!

5.0 out of 5 stars No Better, August 11, 1998
This review is from: Neo-Tech Discovery (Paperback)
This book will entirely change your life and make you a whole new person whole focuses on life and not death as your goal. I have bipolar disorder and was destined for suicide and now I have reason for living after reading this book. Read the entire book from start to finish without bias or a closed mind and the results will even astonish you. Definitely the most important book ever written, and it tops the bible and every other religious work ever written even.

Neo tech discovery
Neo tech discovery by Frank R. Wallace (Paperback - 1991)
Used & New from: $8.65