5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy
Published on November 27, 2011 by C. Morgenstern

2.0 out of 5 stars Zipper pulled off after only using it 6 times
Material is fine but zipper pulled off after 6 uses. Cheap plastic zipper. I will see if I can get a refund. Update: Amazon was great about having it sent back for a refund. Great customer service. My friend also ordered this wetsuit at the same time and their wetsuit now has a hole in it. I went to Sports Authority and got my daughter a Body Glove wetsuit. The...
Published 1 month ago by Diane

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, November 27, 2011
Bought 2 of these for my boys for an upcoming snorkeling trip in January, but one of them has worn his to the indoor pool as the water is so cold (and he is so skinny) it makes him turn blue and shiver after just a short time. He was finally able to swim for over an hour without turning colors! I usually have to pull him out and warm him up after 30 minutes for fear of hypothermia, but this wetsuit allowed him to maintain a good body temp until we were all ready to go home. I'm very happy with this product so far and will purchase larger sizes as he grows.

As for sizing, I think the size chart from Neosport was close, but we needed to order up a size because of long torsos. According to the chart, my small 9 year old was in the middle of the height range for size 6 and upper end of weight range for size 6. My 6 year old was in the middle of the height for size 4 and low end of weight for size 6. I got them both a size 6. My 6 year old has a long torso so I figured the extra length would be good for him. Size 6 fit him great. It was too small in the torso for my 9 year old though. We exchanged it for size 8 and it fits nicely. I would recommend going by your child's weight to determine sizing. If your child is at the upper end of the weight range, then size up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Size 6 for 6 years old, April 16, 2011
This review is from: NeoSport Wetsuits Youth Premium Neoprene 2mm Youth's Shorty (Sports)
Bought this for my 6 years old daughter to keep her warm in the indoor swimming pool, the temperature was about 80 degrees. She finished the 1 hour lesson and wants to go back again. It works. She is 45 lbs. and 48 inches (80 percentile), the wetsuit fits perfectly, we got size 6 (based on the Size Info link on the product page). Actually, the high neck is a great design, and really keeps the water out. This is a high quality, high tech wetsuit, $40 for size 6, that's a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Suit!, March 29, 2011
I just bought this suit for my tall but very skinny 6 year old son. I ordered a size 8 and he has plenty of room to spare. The zippers are well protected from the skin with various tabs so this suit is super comfortable and is a good weight to keep him warm in our local swimming pool.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but you may want one size smaller, October 22, 2010
Based on the good reviews, I ordered a size 6 for my six year old son, who is a bit shorter and very slim compared to others his age. He swims in the suit (no pun intended).
Nevertheless, I think it's a very good product -- sturdy and cleverly designed. My son finds it comfortable and it seems to keep him warm in the water even though it's baggy. The upshot: he makes it through his swimming lessons now and I'm grateful for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too short in the stride, January 19, 2012
Great quality suit, well made and flexible in all the right spots, but too short in torso. My 6 1/2 y/o son is 48" and 44 pounds which made him fall easily in the size 4, but it was way too short in the stride. Fits my 4 1/2 y/o daughter is 40" and 34 pounds better (a bit too long in torso) so will keep it for her and reorder for my son. Very pleased otherwise!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice suit - sizing info, July 19, 2013
This is a very good quality wetsuit for the price. I ordered a 6 for my daughter who is 48" tall, 47lbs and incredibly skinny. She is always freezing and purple during swim lessons so hopefully this will help. According to the size chart she is still within the size 4 range but based on other reviews I ordered up. I am glad I did - even though according to the size chart a size 6 is for 50-60lbs. This suit fits her nicely and she has a little grow room without it being gappy and loose. She loves it and doesn't want to take it off and it looks very cute on her.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, October 24, 2011
I got this for my daughter for when she has her swimming lessons in an indoor pool. Since she's been wearing it, she doesn't shiver as much and she enjoys staying in the water even after her lessons are over. The design and style are nice, easy to put on/take off. She's 4 years old and on the taller side so I got her a size 6. While it fits, it's not snug- she'll be able to wear it for another year or so (which I'm fine with). This was the best deal for the money in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted., June 26, 2011
My son gets cold fast, so a wanted a fairly thick wetsuit. Also I was worried about the size, but it's very true to size. This really helps him stay warm for the duration of his swim lesson, so he gets the most out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe a little small in sizing but super fit and looks great~!, December 7, 2010
My five year old daughter loves her suit and wears it in Hawaii for swim team in a non-heated pool. It is great I would recommend it to anyone who needs some warmth and sun protection!

5.0 out of 5 stars NeoSport Wetsuit, July 7, 2010
This is a great wetsuit for swimming lessons, beach, etc. Fits very well and seems sufficiently insulated with good movement in the arms. Only complaint from the actual wearer is the neck is too high and constricting...nothing a scissor can't take care of!

Rate and Discover Movies