4.0 out of 5 stars After a two and half year delay, it's here., July 30, 2013
This review is from: Neon (Audio CD)
After a two and half year delay, and two title changes, most of Jay Sean's fans will be satisfied with his fourth studio album, "Neon". Like his previous albums, it is mix of pop and R&B that includes a couple of strong singles and showcases Jay Sean's talents as a singer.

The album starts off with some catchy, typical 2010's-era pop tunes: "Neon", "Luckiest Man", "Words" and "Where You Are", a sweet ode to a girl he likes.

"Neon" continues with three strong R&B ballads: "Guns and Roses", "Mars", and "Miss Popular". All have great lyrics and production. "Mars" reminds me a bit of Miguel, while the other two remind me of Ne-Yo.

The last half of the album includes a fair amount of songs I didn't care for: "Close To You", "Deep End", "All On Your Body", "Breakdown". Those songs had boring production and lyrics (and the later two were vulgar). However, the pop-R&B ballad "Worth It All" and alternative R&B "Passenger Seat" are nice. "Worth It All" reminds me of Jay Sean in his earlier time. "Passenger Seat" also has a Miguel influence.

Jay should have included the songs that were recorded for "Freeze Time" and released as singles: "2012", "Hit The Lights", and "I'm All Yours". Those songs were strong.

--Isa R Bufano (07.30.2013)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Neon (Audio CD)
ive been a fan of jay sean for awhile now. and he doesn't disappoint. the album is filled with r&b songs, personal and has urban flavor as well. a great combination. I def recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Good s***!, August 24, 2013
truthseeker (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Big Jay Sean (a.k.a. Kamaljit Singh Jhooti) fan here,

Great CD overall- should have had collab. song with Pit Bull.

Not disappointed though. Would highly recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, August 20, 2013
This review is from: Neon (Audio CD)
With his next new album, Jay Sean goes back to his roots and what made him a fan favorite before his down single

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, August 19, 2013
reader40 (San Antonio TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Neon (Audio CD)
I love this CD. I haven't decided which song I like the best. I love it and can't wait for Jay Sean to continue to release more CDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars neon sign jay sean, August 5, 2013
This review is from: Neon (Audio CD)
I got say Jay sean has put together a solid album and was worth the wait compared to his previous singles this record is by far better than his last work.

4.0 out of 5 stars wow!, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Neon (Audio CD)
amazing album! sad thing is though.. it will be oveerlooked since radio eats up gimmicky records and over plays them. This is real, true, raw talent right here. This deserves a grammy or something. The only down side to the album is, his voice isn't the best of voices, but his songwriting makes up for that. I also wanted some new rishi rich project songs on here, that would've added more credibility and versatility to the album. He needs to find his diversity..

The Ace Hood ft was horrible, "words" was too Bruno Marsish for me.. besides that great album.. Break of Dawn was also pretty retarded.. but it's decent.

5.0 out of 5 stars nelly, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Neon (Audio CD)
Sick, great beats. Looking luke Skywalker on the cover tho, that part I don't get. But otherwise not a bad song on here tho. R&B isn't exactly my genre but I still like it.

Neon
Neon by Jay Sean (Audio CD - 2013)
Rate and Discover Movies