4.0 out of 5 stars great reusable dust mask
I work in a wood shop. We're constantly making more dust than we can handle in an enclosed space.
I got very tired of buying more dust masks. Not to mention felt incredibly wasteful when I did it.
This mask is comfortable, doesn't fog up my work goggles, and I never need to worry about going through disposables at an alarming rate again.
Published on December 3, 2009 by J. Mizzi

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Fit, But Good Filtration
Published on November 25, 2011 by Menkaure

4.0 out of 5 stars great reusable dust mask, December 3, 2009
J. Mizzi "Aceofspades" (El Cerrito, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Neoprene Carbon Mask - Multi-Purpose Dust Mask with 2 Carbon Filters and 10 External Filters (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must if you have severe allergies!, February 28, 2011
T. P. (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
I live in Las Vegas where dust is a constant, however it's the months of March and April that render me practically useless. I also go to school at UNLV (which has one of the highest pollen counts in the Vegas valley) and I would normally go to school with a disposable painter's respirator. Those got funky really quickly, as well as would crush really easily in my backpack. Then my step dad found this as he's a bit of a handyman. This mask is "crushable" and will still keep its form when over your face.

It comes with plenty of replaceable liner filters. And earplugs as you can see. I suppose that would be more for people doing a job with a loud generator for painting or something.

Sure, you look a little weird just walking around outside with this on, but as I always tell people when they ask about it "It's not on you or it's snot on you. Take your pick."

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective in filtering out air pollution, pollen, dirt, and especially cigarette smoke!, April 12, 2011
London is a very polluted city and I live right in the middle of this pollution center (one wonders why they decided to have the 2012 Olympics here! bad idea!). Within a month of moving here, I started to notice this nasty cough and runny nose I constantly have whenever I go anywhere outside my door. If it isn't all the smokers who puff like chimneys outside, it's the automobile exhaust, dirt from the running trains and subways, and the heavily perfumed women (and men!) who walk around and cause me to have these coughing fits. I used to come home with a really bad runny nose and have to blow it...the stuff that comes out is completely black and I don't want to gross you out, but you get the picture. I bought this mask because I've finally had enough. I want to be able to actually breath outside without having to worry about developing a respiratory disease by the time I leave this city! This mask is a savior. People might stare at you (especially the kids) when you wear it outside, but what's more important -- your health or the stares of people who don't know that pollution/smoking is killing them? I walk around proudly with this outside. People stare but I smile behind my mask because now I can actually breath without coughing nonstop!

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Fit, But Good Filtration, November 25, 2011
I purchased this mask for evening jogs, when the pollen plays havoc with my allergies. First the good: the filter works well in keeping out unwanted particles, which is the most one can ask for in a mask. Now for the bad, if you are an average American male, the fit is lousy on two counts. One, the head straps are too long, or big, which makes for a lose fit. Two, the face-cup is way too small to cover mouth, nose & chin all at the same time; so unless you have that rare combination of a large head with a very small face, this mask will not fit properly. Another disadvantage, at least in my case, is that the filter-pad is fairly thick, which makes for difficult breathing during heavy physical activities---but I suppose that's the price of blocking out pollen and dust. After two tries, I've stashed this mask in a drawer and went back to wearing a simple bandana. Consider your needs carefully before spending money on this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well, April 18, 2011
I purchased this mask to use while cutting the lawn and raking leaves. I have one of those leaf vacuums that I tow behind my garden tractor that makes quite a bit of dust. I wore the mask for 4 hours yesterday while cutting grass and vacuuming leaves. The mask worked perfectly. After I was finished and removed the mask I had none of the irritation I usually have with just a paper mask. Temperature was in the mid 60's, and it was comfortable. I'll have to see if that continues when the temperatures get warmer. Ear plugs worked great. The only issue I had was with the nose piece. It took a little adjusting to get it comfortable. I think as I wear the mask more that will not be an issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for burning man, velcro bad for hair, December 28, 2011
We used this at Burning Man this year and it works well for filtering. The replacement filters that come with it were enough for a week but there was not much dust storm this year of course.
The only complain we have is that the velcro while theoretical nice is a real bad thing when you have to wear the mask around your neck and put it up and down several times a day. It tangles with ones hair and clothes and quick up and down is not possible after 2-3 hours wearing it. Would be much better if it came with some other closure - that was more adjustable for different head sizes too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating p.o.s., December 17, 2011
ET Call home (British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
I work with wood too, and based on another users praise I gave this a try. Today I tore it to shreds and threw it in the garbage. Maybe my face isnt fat enough but that metal band just dug into my nose. Those attachable earplugs contantly get caught in the velcro and the velcro straps were difficult to get on. Plus as soon as i try to put on safety glasses they fog up, in other words the thing leaks towards the top. I like the earplugs though..

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Mask!, March 7, 2014
I'm allergic to many trees, grasses and weeds, so I have to wear a substantial mask whenever I work in the yard. I bought one of these a few years ago and I recently bought another so I can alternate when I throw one in the washer. I can wear this mask comfortably for hours at a time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Toxic fumes, January 1, 2013
I purchased this mask because I was working with a solvent that was know to cause neurological problems. The mask filtered well, although I did find the straps a little awkward to keep straight; also because it is neoprene the heat builds up quickly under
it in warm weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mask for outdoor allergens - I use for cycling, April 12, 2014
I bought this mask because I ride outdoors in TX and there are year-round allergies here. The mask doesn't have nasty vapors, it comes with replacement carbon and other filters (that come in plastic "zip" cases). It washes up great (I washed twice before wearing but wash at least 4x week now - after every ride - but air dry it - and don't wash with the filters). For my purposes I wound up cutting off the part that goes over the head (didn't need it). Sometimes I don't even wear the filters inside the mask and just wear the neoprene to keep bugs out of my mouth while riding! Good deal. The aluminum clip over the nose molds to your nose and bends and shapes repeatedly. Fogging when wearing sunglasses? Eh - comes and goes depending on which filter wearing or no filter. Great protection from cold and rain, too.

Rate and Discover Movies