Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Neoprene Carbon Mask - Multi-Purpose Dust Mask with 2 Carbon Filters and 10 External Filters
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 3, 2009
I work in a wood shop. We're constantly making more dust than we can handle in an enclosed space.
I got very tired of buying more dust masks. Not to mention felt incredibly wasteful when I did it.
This mask is comfortable, doesn't fog up my work goggles, and I never need to worry about going through disposables at an alarming rate again.
on April 12, 2011
London is a very polluted city and I live right in the middle of this pollution center (one wonders why they decided to have the 2012 Olympics here! bad idea!). Within a month of moving here, I started to notice this nasty cough and runny nose I constantly have whenever I go anywhere outside my door. If it isn't all the smokers who puff like chimneys outside, it's the automobile exhaust, dirt from the running trains and subways, and the heavily perfumed women (and men!) who walk around and cause me to have these coughing fits. I used to come home with a really bad runny nose and have to blow it...the stuff that comes out is completely black and I don't want to gross you out, but you get the picture. I bought this mask because I've finally had enough. I want to be able to actually breath outside without having to worry about developing a respiratory disease by the time I leave this city! This mask is a savior. People might stare at you (especially the kids) when you wear it outside, but what's more important -- your health or the stares of people who don't know that pollution/smoking is killing them? I walk around proudly with this outside. People stare but I smile behind my mask because now I can actually breath without coughing nonstop!
on February 28, 2011
I live in Las Vegas where dust is a constant, however it's the months of March and April that render me practically useless. I also go to school at UNLV (which has one of the highest pollen counts in the Vegas valley) and I would normally go to school with a disposable painter's respirator. Those got funky really quickly, as well as would crush really easily in my backpack. Then my step dad found this as he's a bit of a handyman. This mask is "crushable" and will still keep its form when over your face.

It comes with plenty of replaceable liner filters. And earplugs as you can see. I suppose that would be more for people doing a job with a loud generator for painting or something.

Sure, you look a little weird just walking around outside with this on, but as I always tell people when they ask about it "It's not on you or it's snot on you. Take your pick."
on November 25, 2011
I purchased this mask for evening jogs, when the pollen plays havoc with my allergies. First the good: the filter works well in keeping out unwanted particles, which is the most one can ask for in a mask. Now for the bad, if you are an average American male, the fit is lousy on two counts. One, the head straps are too long, or big, which makes for a lose fit. Two, the face-cup is way too small to cover mouth, nose & chin all at the same time; so unless you have that rare combination of a large head with a very small face, this mask will not fit properly. Another disadvantage, at least in my case, is that the filter-pad is fairly thick, which makes for difficult breathing during heavy physical activities---but I suppose that's the price of blocking out pollen and dust. After two tries, I've stashed this mask in a drawer and went back to wearing a simple bandana. Consider your needs carefully before spending money on this item.
on September 30, 2012
Allergies -- ugh!! I have many. Decided to check Amazon to see what might help me. Tried this last week.

Sadly, I cannot use this mask. I have a bad disc in my neck. The neck strap for this is very tight (of course) but hits me where the disc is. Cannot raise or lower it with any positive results. I am writing this for those of you who have such a problem with neck discs. I do not feel that is manufacturers fault, of course, but felt I needed to put this online.

My second problem with this product is the velcro straps which continually catch in my hair, thus necessitating frequent adjustments. Also, the straps are bulky. The straps going over the ears are difficult because of the velcro and the bulkiness.

Now, what did I think of the filtering? I thought it worked very well. You do have to work harder to breathe if you are doing anything requiring exertion, which climbing stairs as I do causes. However, after trying this for awhile, I felt that I was breathing better during a high allergy day here. A third problem presented itself after trying this periodically for a few days: the fibers of the inner mask (next to the face) would loosen, causing me to feel that my face was sticking into hair. Very unpleasant for me. Perhaps others did not have this issue?

If it wan't for the bulkiness of the straps, the velcro and the very tight fit across the nape of the neck, I would probably continue to use this. I gave it 3 stars as I felt the filtering system was pretty good. I think this is a pretty good allergy mask for sleeping at night. Hope this helps someone.
on December 28, 2011
We used this at Burning Man this year and it works well for filtering. The replacement filters that come with it were enough for a week but there was not much dust storm this year of course.
The only complain we have is that the velcro while theoretical nice is a real bad thing when you have to wear the mask around your neck and put it up and down several times a day. It tangles with ones hair and clothes and quick up and down is not possible after 2-3 hours wearing it. Would be much better if it came with some other closure - that was more adjustable for different head sizes too.
on April 18, 2011
I purchased this mask to use while cutting the lawn and raking leaves. I have one of those leaf vacuums that I tow behind my garden tractor that makes quite a bit of dust. I wore the mask for 4 hours yesterday while cutting grass and vacuuming leaves. The mask worked perfectly. After I was finished and removed the mask I had none of the irritation I usually have with just a paper mask. Temperature was in the mid 60's, and it was comfortable. I'll have to see if that continues when the temperatures get warmer. Ear plugs worked great. The only issue I had was with the nose piece. It took a little adjusting to get it comfortable. I think as I wear the mask more that will not be an issue.
on January 1, 2013
I purchased this mask because I was working with a solvent that was know to cause neurological problems. The mask filtered well, although I did find the straps a little awkward to keep straight; also because it is neoprene the heat builds up quickly under
it in warm weather.
on December 17, 2011
I work with wood too, and based on another users praise I gave this a try. Today I tore it to shreds and threw it in the garbage. Maybe my face isnt fat enough but that metal band just dug into my nose. Those attachable earplugs contantly get caught in the velcro and the velcro straps were difficult to get on. Plus as soon as i try to put on safety glasses they fog up, in other words the thing leaks towards the top. I like the earplugs though..
on July 18, 2014
Brilliant product of thoughtful design and excellent quality. One caveat is the fit of this product. My experience resulted in a very poor fit due to my broad face. The metal nose clip was quite uncomfortable but I suspect that had more to do with the poor fit than the design. Very useful, practical product that should have a much broader distribution due to its capacity to protect our respiratory tract under certain conditions.