5.0 out of 5 stars My kindle family goes to BUILT!
Published 15 months ago by Justin

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit New Kindle properly
Published on December 9, 2011 by Jan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit New Kindle properly, December 9, 2011
Jan (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BUILT Neoprene Kindle Slim Sleeve Case, Formula 1 Red, fits Kindle Paperwhite, Touch, and Kindle (Accessory)
Quality is great, but this is too big for the cheapest Kindle. We have the non-touch Kindle and easily falls out of this sleeve. It may fit the Kindle Touch better since the specs say that it's a tad big wider and thicker, but this DOES NOT fit the non-touch Kindle. I have the older version for my Kindle w/ keyboard and that one fits perfectly, nice and snug. They need to fix the description saying this fits the Kindle, because it doesn't.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boo! Sleeve is Too Loose - Kindle Will Fall Out, January 19, 2012
J. Dunleavy (Lawrence, KS United States) - See all my reviews
Maybe I was spoiled by my previous Kindle (Kindle Keyboard) and BUILT sleeve combo, but that sleeve fit much better and was snug enough that I could hold the sleeve upside down and my Kindle would stay put. This sleeve has a much looser fit - if you hold this sleeve upside down the Kindle will fly out immediately. Very disappointing fit. Also the "Slim" means that the neoprene is not very thick and doesn't provide much cushioning. My previous BUILT sleeve (not "Slim" I guess) felt much more durable and protective.

I'm thinking about returning this. If you're looking for some decent padding and a snug fit look elsewhere. I'm normally a fan of BUILT products but this one just doesn't have a good fit. I'm very disappointed with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kindle family goes to BUILT!, June 21, 2013
Three of my family members and my self now own this case and its a absolute delight to have. The item is as always perfectly described and without any issues. The kindle (Kindle 3 keyboard) for me does not slide out of the case (or anyone else in my family) but i have heard some people online complain of this issue. With that being said you could form a quick fix with some Velcro to fix the sliding issue and considering the other cases out there... you cant really go wrong. This is by far the best and really one of the only Kindle keyboard compatible sleeves ive found, when comparing it to cases most have their issues and this simply does not.

1.0 out of 5 stars KINDLE SLIM SLEEVE CASE, FORMULA 1 RED, February 28, 2013
It was very hard to get the Kindle in the sleeve. I would not buy one like it again. I bought another type.

2.0 out of 5 stars Case too tight -- hard to get Kindle out, July 2, 2013
It's exactly what I wanted except the case is too tight around the middle. You really need to work to get the Kindle out (I have a Kindle Paperwhite) and so I've started using a padded small manilla envelope instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS!, July 2, 2012
Martee Crosson (LAKE IN THE HILLS, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I take my one of my Kindles along everywhere, everyday. I was a bit afraid to try this sleeve thing because I've always used leather covers - but I wanted something lighter (and removeable) for summer use. This sleeve is actually very nice! Small, light, well cushioned - and bright red which makes it easy to spot in my purse or when it is lost amidst the general clutter that is my life. My new little Kindle Touch slides right in. The interior is smooth and soft - so, no scratches and no worries when it gets smashed in with other stuff. Not sure I'd trust my Fire in this, but for carrying my regular e-ink Kindle to the beach, this works great! One thing to mention... I have found it is better to insert my Kindle "business end" first - otherwise, since the sleeve is open-ended, the power button can be inadvertently pushed by an unruly hairbrush or hyper-active wallet. Oh, and I noticed no smell :) Good product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits nicely., May 31, 2014
I can get my Kindle Paperwhite in and out easily, and it protects it nicely. It makes a nice case for travel or storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner!, September 9, 2013
Great Kindle cover! Soft, protective liner. Easy to slip Kindle into this sleeve. It's my second BUILT purchase; they make quality products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does all I ask of it, July 19, 2013
If you need your Kindle case to protect against a serious beating you'll probably want to look into a hard case, but if you are only worried about normal wear and tear this one is hard to beat. It's lightweight and low profile, so it doesn't hurt portability or packability, and the neoprene's stretch makes for a secure fit. It was a bit awkward getting the Kindle into it on my first few attempts, but after a day it became second nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute, April 5, 2013
loved this item for a xmas gift for a friend. exactly what the description said and enjoyed it very much

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›