Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on July 23, 2005
After about two months of use, I have mixed feelings about these. Noticed a marked improvement in the height of raised scars (they are much smoother) but no improvements otherwise (in color/size), meaning scars that were not raised already have shown no improvement.

Biggest complaint is that they just don't stick well. When you first open a new one, it will probably stick well for about a 12 hours (the recommended amount of time to wear one in a day), as long as you aren't too hairy (and I am, they peel off my arms right away). But you are supposed to be able to re-use them for several days - yet after the first day, they barely stick at all (the directions say to wash them every day with water - I was skeptical at first that this would help, but it actually makes them stick better - just not well enough). Don't even think about wearing them at night without tape - they will peel off and get lost (or stuck in your hair :P ).

Overall:

The Good:

- seem to work well on raised scars

- bandages are fairly large, by cutting them up i can cover 3 scars with one bandage

- are good for about 5-6 days if you keep taping them down

The Bad

- don't stick - whatever you pay for these, expect to pay about that much again in medical tape (i use scotch tape because i am cheap)

- haven't helped with the color or size of scars (i don't really care that much, i was just curious if these would work - but for most people, i imagine this is the most important aspect)

Final Word:

2 stars, until I see more improvement. If you are particularly worried about your scars, I recommend seeing a dermatologist before you plop down 30 bucks for these.
on June 8, 2006
I have keloids from ear to ear on my face and several on my chest. I have been using these for the past two weeks. Since I work full time, I only use these during bedtime and wear all night. The first week was rocky because as mentioned they kept rolling up and falling off. But my new approach is to focus on one area at a time. I decided to just work on applying them to my face to get those keloids under control. I have very oily skin so the fix was to wash my face with an oil free solution. I use Purpose which helps keep my skin acne and oil free. I wouldn't recommend this soap for normal to dry skin because it really strips all the oil from your face and body. After washing my face, I apply the patches directly to my face and I notice that it bonds tighter to the skin and stays on through the night. I actually change them out every 3 days as recommended in the directions and I save the plastic disks that you peel off and reapply those to the adhesive strips to keep them clean and dust free. This seems to be working. And I've noticed remarkable results on my keloids. They are smoother, more uniformed in appearance and seem to be strinking in size. I will keep you updated if this works for the keloids on my chest.
on June 22, 2006
Well, after much thought on which scar product to use on my two recent scars, I went with this one because it was cheaper than the other patches. The Curad ones only contain a 21 day supply and cost $20 so for the 12 weeks it is going to cost like $80. So I went with the Neosporin and medical tape. I had read that these don't stick but I found that I can't even get mine to stick right after peeling them off! But I bought some medical tape which keeps them on...shame though because one of the scars is on my face :( so everyone keeps asking me what happened since I have what looks like a bandage taped on my forehead. I do have to say that after only a week of use I have noticed a difference in size of the keloid scar on my hand so that is awesome! I have yet to notice a difference on the regular scar on my face but it has only been a week, so I'll see how it goes. I would still recommend these over the Curad ones since it is by far cheaper, but for the vain I would go with the Curad since I have read that they stick better and are more discreet.
on July 3, 2007
So I had surgery right in between my eyes, literally. I had a cyst about the size of a dime in diameter and about a quarter of inch outward from my face - yes I know, it was embarrassing. My dermatologist removed the cyst and stitched me up just fine. After about a week after surgery I had my stitches removed and AHHHH I was completely embarrassed because scar tissue surrounded the incision mark and was noticeably raised from my face. When I say noticeably I mean the scar tissue looked like I had formed another cyst. So I tried Mederma for about a week with no success of lessening the scar tissue or any noticeable affects really. Then I tried Neosporin Scar Solution sheets overnight one night - and I was very skeptical of a sheet doing any sort of healing. But to my surprise, I woke up the next morning and my scar tissue was down drastically. It probably shrunk a quarter of the size to half the size and the color began to look normal with the rest of my skin.

It's been about a week now since I've been using the sheets at night (for about 8-12 hours a night) and I can honestly say that my scar is healing to the point where people never knew I had surgery, let a lone a cyst, at all. The scar is still there, don't get me wrong, but the scar tissue is nearly flat (which was my main concern)... and it's only been a week.

Now keep in mind that this is a new scar and it was not very large. I'm sure with older scars and larger scars that the amount of sheet wearing time would be much longer to see any significant improvements (as mentioned on the box).

As far as the sheets sticking, which seems to be people's major drawback so far with these sheets, I can't really comment too much given that I have been changing out my sheet on my face nightly. The sheet definitely sticks on my face the entire night, even while I sleep, without falling off. But I'm only using a small portion of each sheet to cover my scar so the results may be different if you are using a whole sheet and wearing it for a longer period of time.

All in all, I can't believe this product works. But it does work. Be patient.
on November 25, 2006
I've been using this product for three weeks and I am already seeing an improvement in my hypertrophic scars from open-heart surgery almost a year ago. Since the silicone pads are used on a relatively smooth part of the body, I haven't experienced any of the problems mentioned about the sheets not sticking, and I use each for four days. My scars are very red, very raised, and clothing would really irritate them, but Scar Solution is helping. I'll wait until the 12 weeks is up before I give it five stars, but for now, I'm very pleased.
on July 28, 2005
Well, for the price, you would think that they would atleast stick. There is no adhesive in these. Nothing like a bandaid. I have to use medical tape as soon as I put them on. I read that you have to wash them daily? Kinda weird. I do, but it doesn't help with them sticking. I don't know if they are helping my scar or not, it hasn't been very long. But I'm very dissappointed that I have to use medical tape, cause now I can't wear them during the day without looking like I have a war wound. I was expecting to just put it on like a bandaid and go about my business..there is more up-keep then I had hoped for.
on January 8, 2007
I have a keloid from surgery, and 11 mos after surgery started using this product. I had to figure it out myself to use this product as the surgeon did not know what to do about keloids as most of the rest of the medical profession. I was tired of my keloid bothering me, so I researched this online and found out about Mederma and this product. Mederma did nothing for me. But using this product for almost 2 months, my scar is 50% reduced in size, less red and less painful. It will likely take more than the 3 mos suggested on the box to get the maximum benefit, but I will take it.
on October 5, 2005
I started using these 3 weeks ago - on three small keloid scars. Not sure if they're working or not, but I've lost half the box on having them roll off. I agree - you can end up spending a LOT on medical tape and make things look much worse then they are. Today I tried a little superglue along the edges and will see. I wrote to Pfizer...will see and will return with more results. Pfizer replied promptly with full refund - sure have to admire that!
on February 19, 2007
My surgeon recommended this product when he noticed that I'd developed a keloid scar after knee surgery. After just a month of use, the scar has completely flattened, and some of the disoloration has gone. My husband and I are both amazed at how well this product has worked. Regarding their stickiness, they have fallen off when sleeping or exercising. Otherwise, they stay on just fine for me throughout the day.
on June 6, 2008
I bought these at the grocery store and I guess they weren't selling well because they expired about two months later. I'm not sure if they were less effective being after the expiration date, but I still used them and saw some improvement. I have a keyloid on my shoulder that's been there for years, so seeing any improvement was a pleasant surprise.

I've read some of the reviews that indicate a problem with sticking and I would have to disagree. If I was sweating during a workout or yard work or something, I didn't bother putting one on. I could however sleep with it on and washing it helped to keep it sticky, which really surprised me.

All-in-all, it's a product with a few flaws, but nothing too terrible. It's biggest drawback in my opinion is the inability to stay on in some cases, but it works for me overall since I'd plan ahead on using it, so no big deal. I'll be buying another box in the hopes that it doesn't expire too soon and will be more effective. Hope this review helps.