Top critical review
13 people found this helpful
Sort of work, but just doesn't stick
on July 23, 2005
After about two months of use, I have mixed feelings about these. Noticed a marked improvement in the height of raised scars (they are much smoother) but no improvements otherwise (in color/size), meaning scars that were not raised already have shown no improvement.
Biggest complaint is that they just don't stick well. When you first open a new one, it will probably stick well for about a 12 hours (the recommended amount of time to wear one in a day), as long as you aren't too hairy (and I am, they peel off my arms right away). But you are supposed to be able to re-use them for several days - yet after the first day, they barely stick at all (the directions say to wash them every day with water - I was skeptical at first that this would help, but it actually makes them stick better - just not well enough). Don't even think about wearing them at night without tape - they will peel off and get lost (or stuck in your hair :P ).
- seem to work well on raised scars
- bandages are fairly large, by cutting them up i can cover 3 scars with one bandage
- are good for about 5-6 days if you keep taping them down
- don't stick - whatever you pay for these, expect to pay about that much again in medical tape (i use scotch tape because i am cheap)
- haven't helped with the color or size of scars (i don't really care that much, i was just curious if these would work - but for most people, i imagine this is the most important aspect)
2 stars, until I see more improvement. If you are particularly worried about your scars, I recommend seeing a dermatologist before you plop down 30 bucks for these.