Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Blue/Orange|Change

on November 27, 2012
Bought this for my 8 year old grandson's birthday to replace the disappointing Lego walkie talkies which did not work. Delighted with this product which works really well and even has a morse code button. He and his older sister use it a lot around the farm and have even made up a secret code.
11 comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2012
I got these walkie talkies at a good price and my grandson is enjoying playing with them very much. I would recommend them. They are very durable and I'm sure they will last for a long time. They are easy to operate and come in clearly.
22 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2013
On time delivery. Both devices are working. He liked it and Happy Now. Will buy again (if someone in my family asks . I guess this sums up my feedback.
on October 20, 2012
My son received this as a gift for his sixth birthday.

The range is fine. We live in an apartment, and we used this as he took the trash out (a few hundred feet from our door). I could hear him well, and we talked back and forth. They seem sufficiently sturdy as well. He has thrown them around a bit, and they haven't broken.

There is a lot of static, however, and that is frustrating. It makes the whole system less fun to use.

Overall, I'm not impressed. I just don't remember the walkie-talkies I had growing up making that much noise.

So far, these were not as much of a hit as I had hoped, but hopefully, he can have more fun with them with other kids-- I can't handle the noise!
on January 5, 2015
These work really really well . My grandson went in the back yard to slay the zombies attacking our house while I stayed safe in the house . When he got them all he used his walkie to let me know it was all clear and we could safely come out side . I heard him loud and clear thank goodness since we were trying to get to a safer hide out that day . The Nerf walkie talkies surely saved the day by not breaking when this panicked grand mom dropped it while fleeing from the zombies , picked it up and wow it still worked perfectly . Needless to say my brave little guy saved us and we made it to our new safe house . Havent seen a zombie since that day but Im sure they are coming back on Sunday just in time to interrupt our family get together.
on August 21, 2013
Do yourself a favor and buy the adult 2 way radios for the same price. These are noisy, lots of static, and will break easily.
on December 27, 2012
These were horrible. Believe the other reviewers when they tell you the static is outrageous. I decided to give these a try anyway (My Bad) and found them to be horrible. The static is so loud you wouldn't be able to hear a transmission even if they transmitted something. Someone suggested that walkie taklies don't work well in the city. That may be the case but these didn't work 10ft from each other in the same room. It's not worth the hassle or the headache you'll get within seconds of turning these on. Try to overcome the cuteness of them and get the motorolla two-ways for $10 less that work 10miles apart whether in the city or in the woods instead.
on November 5, 2012
These things are horrible, I don't see how they received any good review. First, as soon as you turn them on, STATIC!! Wow, the static makes these things useless, you cannot hardly hear anyone over the static no matter how close together you are, also, they didnt seem to go through a single wall in the house. Junk! Spend just a little bit more money and you can get some walkie talkies that have a range of over a mile! I thought these would just be easier for my 4-year old to be able to operate. He can operate them just fine, now if they just worked! Stay away!

P.S. I realize I may have had some interference of some kind, so I unplugged anything that I thought may be causing the interference and to no avail, these things are horrible.
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2013
My first impression was that this was much less sturdy than I expected from Nerf. I don't have high expectations for longevity.

Second, there is no volume control and the static is excessive.

Third, the "Morse code button" is just an unavoidably large button on the very front that produces the most obnoxious beep.

My kids like it, and it's teaching them how to take turns on a radio, but oh my god, I want to run it over. I'm glad now that it's not sturdy, because I hope it breaks SOON.

Also, at the time that I write this, the Amazon description at the top of the product page says that 1.5v batteries are included, but they are not, and it takes 9 volt batteries. (This is in the description further down the page, but in case you missed in the advertisement for Nerf).
on August 26, 2013
These little Walkie Talkies are not bad for the price, but they are loud and have no volume control. Also, the morse code does not transmit. The morse code just makes the beep right there on the device you are pushing the button on. I don't remember if the walkie talkie I had as a youngster did this also, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Not that my kids or me understands morse code anyway. Reception isn't bad. We had to turn off the baby monitors from our children's room because they caused serious interference.