Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on December 29, 2009
Okay, our family has been having alot of nerf wars around the house, and we have lost almost all of the refill packs we have bought. I bought 2 of these off amazon for 15$ each, and havn't lost a single dart yet! if you get the kids to put darts in the storage box wenever they find them, these should keep the kids satisfied for for awhile.
PS: the storage box doesn't hold 300 as claimed, can only barely hold 200.
on September 21, 2009
A few months ago I bought a set of six Nerf guns and 12 darts for my dorm. Needless to say, we needed more darts -- even before we lost any, that was only two darts per gun, and the darts only lasted maybe 24 hours. So I bought the ammo box (plus a few more darts on top of that) the next day, hoping that would be enough to last the three weeks until the end of the semester. As it turned out, they not only lasted through the semester, they even made it into summer storage, and three weeks into this semester, we still have plenty of darts (I haven't counted, but it looks like pretty close to 100 still). It seems that an ammo box is a much more compelling place to keep darts than a plastic bag with a note asking people to return the darts when they're done with them, so in addition to having a lot of darts to start with, we're also losing them at a much slower rate now.

My only complaint is that the ammo box is only available with either sonic or streamlined darts, and not suction cup darts. Sure the sonic darts make a whistling sound if someone manages to actually shoot one all the way down the hall, but we mainly use Nerf guns at relatively close range, where darts that stick to windows, ceilings, furniture, and occasionally even people are far more appealing than darts that would whistle if we shot them several feet further but otherwise just hit someone or something and fall to the ground.
on December 23, 2011
Why suffer and search for your ammo when you can keep it secure in a ammo box! I was using a shoe box for storage, and when I saw this ammo box I thought what a more secure way to keep my ammo safe! Darts are not cheap any more and when you can keep them handy and ready for action, this ammo box is the right thing! You get 100 darts and a storage container to boot! 36 darts cost over $10 at some stores! With this ammo box, you are getting almost 3 x's the amount of ammo plus a place to store it. I have two already! I put my newer darts in one and my used darts in the other! Plus if you want, you can add a divider and keep them separated by dart type. No need to search for the right ammo now! It is made of a sturdy plastic with metal hinges. It resembles a footlocker, almost like the old G.I. Joe boxes! If you plan on staying with Nerf, then I highly recommend you invest in a place to have your ammo ready for action. It can even hold your clips or small weapons!
on January 17, 2012
I picked these up as a gift around the Holidays for my 9 year old son. He needed some extra Nerf darts and has always wanted the Nerf ammo box. I didn't want to spend the high prices the big box retail stores ask for these..typically 40 bucks in our area. I managed to snag these for less than half that around the holidays! I was able to pick up a Streamline AND Microsonic ammo box via amazon and get them shipped to me for less than I'd pay for a single box in any store in our area!!!

The deal was awesome with free shipping!

As for the product itself there isn't too much to review. These are simply extra Nerf darts and function as intended. Occasionally a dart will jam or stick in one of his guns and will tear, but that is an issue with the gun and not really the dart so it didn't impact my review of these darts.

The Nerf ammo box itself is constructed of a decent plastic. There is plenty of room to store extra darts beyond the 100 that are included. (Nerf claims the box will hold up to 300).

The only negative aspect of this experience was the latch that holds the ammo box closed can be a little difficult to operate. Getting the box open is sometimes a challenge for younger hands. We've found holding the box against your body with the front facing away and lightly pushing the front of the box in before lifting up makes it MUCH easier to open quickly. It does seem to be getting easier to use now that it has had a month's worth of use.

Other than the minor issue with the box we have no complaints what so ever. Keep an eye on pricing...as I notice the prices fluctuated drastically over a 7 - 10 period. It may just be because it was close to Christmas however. Be sure to compare prices online versus in the major retail stores because you can save a ton of money purchasing via amazon. Free super saving shipping was fast and delivered sooner than promised!

Also if you are picking up Nerf darts as a gift for someone be sure you purchase the correct style. These ammo boxes come in two different versions. One is filled with streamline darts (darts to be used in Nerfguns that use the "Clip System" magazines) and the other is filled with Micro-sonic or "whistler" darts. The dart styles aren't always interchangeable. For example guns that shoot the streamline darts won't be able to shoot the Microsonic/"Whistler" darts.

Overall this was a great purchase and I'm glad I found such a great deal!!
on March 12, 2012
We picked this up about a little over a year ago during an Amazon holiday sale. For the price that we got it at, it's great. You get a lot of bang for your buck even at retail price than buying a bunch of small dart packs plus an the Ammo Box. Nerf also sells 100 dart pack that comes with a patch rather than box and the retail price is a bit cheaper I didn't really think that the Ammo Box was anything special. A shoe box or a plastic bin would serve the same purpose. So unless this was on sale I would just get the 100 dart pack rather than the Ammo Box.

The darts are great. Be sure to chose the right pack as there is also a version of this product that has Streamline Darts rather than Micro Sonic Darts. Micro Sonic Darts are compatible for blasters like the Vulcan, Maverick, Nitefinder, Barrel Break and Barricade while blasters that use the clips need the Streamline Darts.

Overall, a great product. Your house will surely become a mess (we are always finding darts in random places) but having 100 extra darts adds to the Nerf fun!
on December 3, 2012
The ammo box is pretty big, and holds lots of darts. I was lucky enough to get this on sale, and was a steal when you look at the cost of darts in general. The sonic whistle is cool, as you have early warning of the impending projectile hitting you.

My son was really happy to have a place to keep his darts (and so was mom). He is actually more lkely to pick them up now, as they have a home.
on January 14, 2013
Extra ammo is always needed when you have a nerf gun. Great price. Great darts. Fun, little box. Now the ammo is laying all over my house and I think they're using the box for Pokemon cards. As much as I expected. Happy with purchase.
on October 3, 2012
Last Christmas season these were at a really great price for 100 darts. Will be looking for them again this year. Only certain guns can fire them, so make sure these are the right refills for you. The kids love how they whistle as they fly through the air!!
on January 11, 2013
I couldn't be happier with this product. My 4 year old son has about 300 darts and they're always laying around my house. This is an awesome way to keep them all together and secured in one spot. The carrying handle is convenient.
on February 7, 2013
The box resembles an actual ammo box, although it's a bit smaller, and significantly lighter. It's definately better for kids to use for keeping up with their dart collection than the real ones from army surplus.