4.0 out of 5 stars Defend that line!
Published 15 months ago by Doug Hibbard

3.0 out of 5 stars Nerf Heartbreaker Bow Cool looking, Fun, but Hard to Use :(
Published 15 months ago by RebaCarolyn

4.0 out of 5 stars Defend that line!, September 23, 2013
Doug Hibbard (Almyra, Arkansas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow (Phoenix Design) (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After a poor experience with a NERF Full-auto blaster, and then loving the overwhelming power of the Centurion Long-Range Rifle but feeling it's a bit much for close quarters, now my family moves on to the Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow. First of all, yes, it is "girl" colored. Well, the daughters didn't really like the flat orange of their brother's off-brand Nerfer anyway, and they like the design here.

Now, on to the Bow: the accessory rail comes with a NERF rack premounted. This holds 5 elite NERF darts, and the bow comes with five that are not just blue/orange like the typical ones. This is helpful, because there's no way little brother can claim them. They are interchangeable without a problem.

Also, the NERF N-Strike Suction darts work with it.

There is a claim that the bow shoots 75 feet. I'm not convinced the Heartbreaker can be thrown 75 feet, much less shoot a NERF that far. We tried it inside, outside, straight down the road, and came up with a maximum effective distance--NERF hits you while in the air and you feel it--at about 35 feet.

The great thing about this bow is the silent attack. No clicks, no whirrs. Just a twang and a smack.

It is also, due to simplicity of design, more durable. At this point, my middle daughter is practicing her horse archer skills, but with a Rebelle Bow and a bicycle. Works for me.

I like it. It's fun, and not destructive.

5.0 out of 5 stars My girls are finally training for The Hunger Games!!, September 21, 2013
This review is from: Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow (Phoenix Design) (Toy)
I recently received a Heartbreaker bow through Bzzagent for my girls to try out, and it couldn't have come sooner. My oldest who is 12 loves The Hunger Games, and my middle and youngest girl's, 7 and 3, love Brave. Now they can all pretend and play with the bow. It is wonderfully constructed and easy to use. It is such a fun toy that everyone who has seen it in our house has played with it, including my 20 something brother and brother in law, and my almost 60 year old father. My husband and our 7 year old would set up all her Batman characters and shoot them down for points, the 12 year old tormented her younger sisters and would hide and shoot them and the 3 year old had a blast tormenting the cat. Besides Legos, we have never had a toy played with so much. Not only did it stretch their imaginations they also got some great physical play out of it too. I have a feeling Santa will be putting some more of the Rebelle line under the tree this year, even if my girls won't be tributes in the Games this year.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nerf Heartbreaker Bow Cool looking, Fun, but Hard to Use :(, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow (Phoenix Design) (Toy)
We received this toy for FREE thanks to BzzAgent! She was so excited when it arrived! It is SO cool looking, and fun to play with it. Unfortunately my 16 yr old son & I had more fun that my 9 year old daughter did. It it a little hard for the younger kids to pull it back far enough to make the arrows go very far. It is very durable, my son & I have played with it for hours since we received it. My daughter still enjoyed it, just wasn't as easy to get distance on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lame. No Katniss action with this thing., February 18, 2014
This review is from: Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow (Phoenix Design) (Toy)
Bought this for my niece to keep her Hunger Games fuel fired. She reported it lamely fired the "arrows" about two feet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Barely shoots. Hurts your arm. Lame., October 30, 2014
This review is from: Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow (Phoenix Design) (Toy)
This thing is HORRIBLE! Nerf guns are super popular in my office and for funzies I though it would be worthwhile to mix it up and try this bow. Usually I find that the 1 shot guns shoot best, so I thought this design would work well.

WRONG!

1. It doesn't shoot that far. You have to crank it all the way back for the darts to go anywhere at all.
2. The handle snaps back and hits you in the arm all the time. It's like real archery, with no arm guard. Toys that hurt you are not fun to play with.
3. This has now become a joke that we leave on each other's desks, because nobody actually wants it.

Also bought the little iPhone case mount for the "mission games" it's super lame. You don't really need the app. It doesn't do anything but give you missions and then you push a button saying you did them. Absolute waste of money and time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow (Phoenix Design) (Toy)
Really goes up to 75 feet in rage! But you have to pull the thingy intill you see a green thing and then let go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Nerf War Addition, September 6, 2013
This review is from: Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow (Phoenix Design) (Toy)
Like others, my daughter received the Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow to review it from bzzagent.com. We were beyond excited about being chosen to review this because we are a huge Nerf family. However, we were also apprehensive because we do own a few other Nerf bows that are difficult for kids to use because they don't have enough strength to pull back and the size made it difficult to hold. Once the package came though, we saw it was the ideal size for my 11-year old daughter. After two weeks of daily play from kids ranging from 7-12, the bow is still in tact and we actually have every dart for it yet (never happens, we are always replacing darts). I absolutely love the bright darts, they are much easier to find in the grass and they match the bow so my daughter will not lose her darts to her brothers either. They also don't hurt on impact like some of our other Nerf products. I recommend this bow to dads looking for a way to spend quality time with their daughters and for girls that have brothers. It's an excellent way to get them to spend time together doing something they can enjoy together.

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit with my girls (and the whoel neighborhood), October 28, 2013
This review is from: Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow (Phoenix Design) (Toy)
My 11 year old daughter bought this with her own money, and I bought a second one for her 8 year old sister, and holy cow, was it was an outdoor play weekend at our house! One neighborhood girl burst into tears because she wanted one too (I confess I am about to buy her one of her own online.) Hey, the price is right. :) I predict this is the hit of the year for girls who are sick and tired of boys having all the fun with Nerf. My girls are right on the cusp of moving from Disney's "Brave" into "The Hunger Games", and this appeals to fantasy play/literature/tomboy spirit.

I confess, I am also shooting them myself too. Who says Mama can't play Katniss?

Like other reviewers say, there is a learning curve. You have to pull back far enough to see the green indicator, but once you have that down the foam arrows will fly for miles.

Well, maybe 25-30 feet.

May the odds be forever in your favor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow = Awesomeness!, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow (Phoenix Design) (Toy)
My daughter was so excited we were invited to the Nerf Rebelle Bzz Campaign!

The Heartbreaker Bow comes with 5 darts and even has a dart holder accessory attached to it. We love it because even though it's a bow, there are no arrows - it uses darts! This is awesome because it is so much simpler than trying to knock arrows. The darts are easily loaded in the front of the bow - one at a time. You simply pull back on the bow string and let it go. When you pull back on the bow string, you see a string in the middle that triggers the dart. Letting go releases the dart and it goes flying.

The great thing about it is that it is lightweight. It's easy to hold, easy to use and easy to play with. In my opinion, it's one of the easiest Nerf toys that my kids have. The darts are supposed to shoot up to 75 feet. I think it depends on how you hold it and how fast you let it go. My daughter can get it to go about 25 feet and I can get it to go maybe 40. Making sure that the middle string is completely straight and letting go faster will make the dart shoot further. If you tilt the bow upwards a little, that also helps how far the dart will shoot.

Our son has tons of Nerf toys and this is actually the first one that my daughter has. She normally uses her brother's toys when they play together. The colors of the Nerf Rebelle line are absolutely adorable and she loves it. She thinks it's just the coolest thing! They have made a game out of who can shoot the furthest and the first time they were outside playing, they were out there for a few hours. The Heartbreaker Bow is so easy to use that our almost 4 year old can even shoot it unlike other Nerf toys that our older son has. The Heartbreaker Bow is recommended for 8 years and older though.

One thing I was worried about since it is a bow, was how durable the bow string was. I have come to find out that it is in fact very durable! Overall, we absolutely love the Nerf Heartbreaker Bow!!

I also wrote my review on my blog as well
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Declared "The Coolest Present EVER!", October 26, 2013
This review is from: Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow (Phoenix Design) (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wee one is a princess with a mission. She idolizes Merida from Brave and Katniss from the Hunger Games. She has been begging for archery lessons for several years, now. However, in the state of Texas, you must be at least 8 years old before you can take lessons.

Enter the NERF REBELLE HEARTBREAKER BOW. She LOVES it. Although she is very petite for her age, the NERF REBELLE HEARTBREAKER BOW is perfect for her. First off, it is pink and purple. Even though she loves to rough and tumble with the boys, she is absolutely going to look like a princess doing it. She has no problems with drawing back the bow, and she does get a lot of power behind her shots. Even more than her 16 year old sister (or Mom or Dad for that matter). And I will safely say that she has shot several of the "Nerf darts" close to that 75 foot range! The dart holder on the bow keeps the darts from getting lost, and she loves that there are 5 of them, so that she can make 5 rapid shots on the run before she has to stop and collect them all. Her vivid imagination has gone wild with joy since she received the NERF REBELLE HEARTBREAKER BOW. There have been MANY adventures played out in the back yard.

Overall, the NERF REBELLE HEARTBREAKER BOW has been tons of fun in our household, and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND it to anyone who is a strong, determined, independent princess at heart. NICE JOB, NERF!

Nerf Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow (Phoenix Design)
$34.48