5.0 out of 5 stars Had one as a kid
This made playing football on a 1/4 mile street WAY more fun. Not everyone can throw a football. I've never met anyone who can't throw one of these. When I had one as a kid it was called a vortex. Everyone had one and everyone loved em.

I purchased this for a Non-Profits Toy Shop. Next year I plan on buying a case or 2. Gotta bring these back!
Published on December 8, 2011 by Jordan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like the Vortexes of Old...
I think this little doohickey would benefit greatly from more weight in the frontal lobe. It doesn't have as much carry as I remember. This and the Aero-bee should be owned by one and all, however, Mr. Nerf, please have your engineers adda bit more substance to this little beast so I can feel like a super hero when I rocket it through my friend's windows.
Published 17 months ago by Lou Jersey

5.0 out of 5 stars Had one as a kid, December 8, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of Whistling Fun, September 27, 2012
CMM "CMM" (Arlington, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nerf Vortex Aero Howler, Orange (Toy)
I purchased this football for my 4 yr old son. He's a bit too young, but will grow into it as only about 20% of his throws are what one could deem acceptable, the others not so much. But I love this toy. It's easy to throw a long whistling bomb. There are three (if I remember right) plastic doodads mounted on the surface of the ball that give a high pitched whistle when air flows quickly past. The whistling makes this football sound like a bomb being dropped on Dresden during WW II (sorry for that reference to the Germans who perhaps still haven't forgiven us). This toy is great and I highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like the Vortexes of Old..., June 17, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars High flying fun!, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Nerf Vortex Aero Howler, Orange (Toy)
This was great for my son for running around and he used it like a rocket ship rather than to play catch. He loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It whistles, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Nerf Vortex Aero Howler, Orange (Toy)
My 7 year old grandson said wow it whistles when you throw it!! He really likes getting in the back yard and just throwing it back and forth, sometimes he likes just playing by himself to see how high he can throw it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerf, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Nerf Vortex Aero Howler, Orange (Toy)
These things are great, easy to throw and they fly extremely well, very easy for the kids to get the hang of throwing a football.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun for the Kids, December 7, 2012
This review is from: Nerf Vortex Aero Howler, Orange (Toy)
Bought this for a beach trip with the grandsons - they had a great time playing with it on the beach. It was easy for them to throw and kept them amused for a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars nerf, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Nerf Vortex Aero Howler, Orange (Toy)
it was a gift for someone else, he liked it. i think if the company makes them a littel bigger, closer to a regular size football the bigger kids can also enjoythem

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun with the little brother, October 31, 2012
This review is from: Nerf Vortex Aero Howler, Orange (Toy)
Got the football and the same day me.and my lil bro were tossing it back and forth having fun seeing who could throw it the fastest and hardest it was great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, May 19, 2012
This review is from: Nerf Vortex Aero Howler, Orange (Toy)
I bought this for my 3 year old son who loves to throw a football. He wasn't disappointed with this. Recommended for any football lover. He can really launch this football!

Nerf Vortex Aero Howler, Orange