5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine
Published on May 21, 2011 by Megan C.

Published 2 months ago by Jimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine, May 21, 2011
This review is from: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo - Black (Kitchen)
I bought my Dolce Gusto two weeks ago, and I really like it. I'm a huge fan of iced coffee drinks, so I'm glad that they have Cappuccino Ice. I'm hoping that they come out with more iced beverages soon. I've noticed that other coffee machines have A LOT more flavors, and that many other machines can use different brand capsules. This one you can ONLY use the Nescafe brand capsules. The only hot drink I've made so far is the mocha, and it was VERY good. I love the foam it makes on hot drinks! I made my Dad a hot chocolate a few days ago and he really enjoyed that one too.

I think the value is good, as I was spending over $3.00 per drink, per day and expensive coffee shops. The drinks that need two capsules for the Dolce Gusto (Milk pod + coffee pod) will only cost a little over $1.00 per drink. I also think it's pretty fantastic that when you register your Dolce Gusto machine online, you'll get a free box of coffee! You can also enter the codes online from the inside of your boxes of coffee and earn more coffee or other things!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this coffee maker for so many reasons!, August 19, 2011
This review is from: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo - Black (Kitchen)
Pros:
small footprint on countertop
automatic power shutoff after maybe 5 minutes
less expensive pods than other brands
adjustable brew strength by running longer/shorter
much quicker cup of coffee than the whole coffee snob equipment that now gathers dust at my house
easy easy cleanup- I don't miss those coffee grounds all over the place from the aforementioned system
taste, taste, taste,
easy to use

Cons:
limited local availability of pods although I just saw them at Walmart. Readily available online
If the 21 ounce tank could be a drawback, the Melody is the exact same machine with larger tank and the Circulo is the same system, different shape.
b/c of the adjustable strength, possible to overflow cup if you get distracted during the few seconds you're brewing but that was the same with the Gaggia system (which we loved, we're just lazy/busy)

We visited friends in France and fell in love with this coffee maker. We were so glad to be able to find it when we got back. Friends have both this and the other K machine at their bed and breakfast and prefer this one, both for taste and ease of use, so we were glad to have the opportunity to do our own test as well. (They're not bothered by refilling the tank every few cups.) This won, hands down. This brand is not marketed nearly as well in the US as the other K machine. I've only seen the pods in one store in the US (although readily available in rural supermarkets in France!), but I'm happy to plan ahead and order online as the price is so much better anyway. I think the pods for this machine are a little less expensive than the others but we'd have bought it anyway.

Taste is wonderful and it's sooo quick and easy to use. We love the small footprint of this machine- the other brands are monsters and have a cheap look and feel. Krups has another that is basically the same machine as this but with a larger tank, but we only make 2-3 cups/day so this meets our needs just fine. We tend to be neurotic about leaving water since we once had a machine get slimy/moldy from the water inside when we didn't use it for a while. I think it's cleaner not to leave a tank full of water sitting for days anyway so we take it off and let it dry most nights. Tank is quite easy to remove and refill and takes very little space on my dishrack.

Before kids we were aspiring coffee snobs so we have a "real" espresso machine as well. But as a busy mom, I just don't have the time to grind, measure, tamp, brew, rinse, clean up debris, etc to get it just right before heading out the door. This machine is so fast and taste is wonderful, really much better than my Gaggia. The power of the machine shuts itself off after ~5 minutes, so that's a nice safety feature as well. It's great to be able to make a weak or strong cup of coffee too by brewing longer or shorter. One (very small) downside is that if I were to space and step away while brewing (kids, phone) and forget to stop it, it would keep going, overflowing the cup (another upside to small tank!). But since it only takes a few seconds to brew, this is not such a big deal and it hasn't happened yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Coffee Machine, July 19, 2011
This review is from: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo - Black (Kitchen)
Great coffee, great flavor. Easy to do. However, hard to find the capsules in regular stores. Either you order from the internet or drive miles to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars everything great, September 26, 2012
This review is from: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo - Black (Kitchen)
i've loved the cafeteira, the price, the delivery and how it works, great deal.
i'm using it at my home, Brasil and i have the same options i had in USA, mainly the latte machiatto and the capuccino.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value in this Little Coffee Maker, November 3, 2013
This review is from: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo - Black (Kitchen)
Machine satisfies my needs in every way. It is easy to use and clean, the coffee is very good, and it takes very little counter space.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked beautifully right away, December 25, 2014
Glenda (Gainesville, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo - Black (Kitchen)
We have only owned this for one day. It worked beautifully right away. The directions were all pictures with no written instructions. We couldn't figure out how it worked until we got online and went to the manufacturers site. They had videos on how to do it. We made our first cappuchinos, mochas and lattes and mmmmmmmmmmm. Amazing flavor!

1.0 out of 5 stars so now they are totally useless to me since I am returning the Nescafe Dolce ..., November 3, 2014
This review is from: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo - Black (Kitchen)
Purchased the Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo product and it did not work. Even had their customer service guy on the line for a half hour trying to troubleshoot the problem but had no luck. I had purchased the extra Cappuccino cups as well but now am advised by Amazon that these are not refundable...so now they are totally useless to me since I am returning the Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo product. Not fair and am really not happy with Amazon's return policies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dolce Gusto Piccolo, March 6, 2014
This review is from: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo - Black (Kitchen)
Let me first start by saying that this was bought as a replacement to my Dolce Gusto Melody (which lasted 5 years before eventually starting to let me down; not heating properly and then not turning from red - green.) I decided to go with the Piccolo as it was smaller which is more convenient for me as I take it overseas with me when deployed. The machine looks great and the drinks from it are in my opinion, awesome. My favourites are the Americano, Grande Intenso and recently the Neqsuick hot chocolate.
The reason it has got 4 stars instead of 5 is that I had mine shipped via air mail and as a result the machine had trapped air in the lines and would not work straight away, I got in touch with Dolce Gusto and they talked me through a priming process to remove the air. It involved repeatedly running the machine while removing the half full water tank and replacing it firmly to try and force the water through. It took a long time, on and off for a few hours throughout the day, but once the machine was primed it has worked as normal since. The only concern is that I think I have caused some internal damage to the pump as a result of it running dry for several minutes at a time. It still works as it should but sounds worse than the Melody did.
Overall an excellent coffee machine with an excellent choice of drinks.
I would absolutely recommend this product, but if you plan on making more than 1 drink at a time then perhaps the Melody would be better as it has a larger water tank capacity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product however one flaw, April 12, 2013
Sug "Sug" (Columbus, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo - Black (Kitchen)
I love this product! It is faster and easier to clean than the Keurig I have as well as more compact. If I had one complaint it would be that the coffee pods are extremely hard to find outside their personal site where as Keurig I see their products everywhere. The Nescafe quality of products however is very good and love the being able to have a creamy, foamy latte when I crave it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Its fake, September 13, 2013
This review is from: Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo - Black (Kitchen)
The suff did not work. It is the third that I tried and again the machine did not wokr. Pleas be carefull

Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo - Black