4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant beverage, convenient format!
This product converted me, I kid you not. Before: I did not think I liked instant coffee. Now: I think I do! :-)

Published on August 5, 2009 by Auliya

3.0 out of 5 stars Good decaf
Pretty good, tasty decaf to keep the morning routine while you're cutting on caffeine. The "singles" package comes in handy, but if you're using a larger mug, you'll need two pouches to make it stronger; otherwise, it tastes like tea.
Published on May 20, 2011 by R. Lombardino

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant beverage, convenient format!, August 5, 2009
This review is from: Nescafe Taster's Choice House Blend Instant Coffee, 7-Count Single Serve Sticks (Pack of 12) (Grocery)

I've tried International Coffee type products, which are powdered drink mixes and not truly instant coffee, and I was never very impressed. Eventually, I learned (and you'll laugh at me for not knowing this) that instant coffee is not a "mix" like hot chocolate but actually coffee beans treated differently in their production from coffee beans intended to be brewed. The bean is roasted as usual, then crushed (rather than cut as for brewing beans) in preparation for creating a coffee "concentrate" that will then be either freeze dried or spray dried. This product (as explained on the Nescafe website) is Robusta and Arabica beans, freeze dried, a method which may or may not be the top choice for connoisseurs of instant coffee, but being new to instant coffee I don't yet appreciate the difference.

I do know that the product in these single-serving sticks is the same product that was sold in canisters, before. This is just a new format for their current product, not a new product. And wow, for the sheer pleasure and convenience, it's a decent cup of coffee! It can't be mistaken for richly brewed coffee from a restaurant or from your home coffee machine, not even if you douse it with cream, but instead I compare it to "office" coffee, or 'cafe au cube farm', which it definitely matches in taste and quality. Easy, quick, mellow. Great idea when I'm the only soul who wants a cup of coffee and can't bear to brew just one or two lonely cups.

The big disadvantage of instant coffee, as far as I'm concerned, is that a serving of this product has only abut 65mg of caffeine compared to 45-180mg of caffeine in a brewed cup of coffee (we're talking in the upper end the way I brew mine!). I want my caffeine! The flavored versions of this product have even less caffeine per serving (at 25-30mg) although I couldn't tell you why. (This information, by the way, comes from the Nescafe website FAQ.) The other disadvantage, I suppose, is that the whole house doesn't fill with the sound and fragrance of brewing coffee when I choose to go instant. Alas.

Still, given the convenience and the decency of the beverage itself, I'm now buying these little "single sticks" pretty regularly! Recommended. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good as Starbucks Via instant coffee at a fraction of the cost, December 20, 2009
I have been very interested in Starbucks Via instant coffee line, and it made me take a new look at Taster's Choice. I was pleasantly surprised by the good taste.

I am a coffee fan that is often on the go, and I am going to use Taster's Choice to keep in my briefcase and car.

Give it a try, and you'll enjoy Taster's Choice. Via costs $10 for 12 servings with only a slightly better taste. I would rather pay a tenth of the price and have the convenient tubes of Taster's Choice.

Frugal is in and so are Taster's Choice Single Sticks.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get used to it... and then it gets good, June 27, 2010
I used to not be able to tell the difference between any types of coffee. Now I can tell the difference between instant coffee, and not instant coffee. Once you get used to it, it's fine and I actually look forward to drinking it these days. Extremely convenient because all you need is hot water. In fact, if you just add it to a cup, you don't even have to stir it because it'll permeate through the water in a couple minutes.

Super Convenient.
Not so great tasting, but good enough.

::EDIT::
A couple months after writing this review, I had the chance to try some other instant coffees. And this is by far the best. So I've changed my opinion on this. Also, for added kick, add two packets to one cup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great instant coffee and mixer for mochas, November 20, 2010
My issue with instant coffees has always been that they are good when you first open the jar but in a couple of days the crystals acquire other tastes (stale).

Not an issue anymore with these individual packets. Fresh to open every time. I find them a much better value than Via and they are pure old-time coffee (who knows what Starbucks is putting in their grounds).

This product has also solved one of my longstanding issues with General Foods International Coffees: not enough coffee flavor. Those little cans were $4.00 and it took half the can to get anything like a coffee flavor with the sugars -- Cafe Vienna is my favourite.

Now, a heaping spoonful (or two, but instead of six) of Vienna with a packet of Taster's Choice and voila', I'm back in Europe!

Also works with instant coccoa to take the sugary edge off.

I'm defintely buying more when I run out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, July 23, 2010
We keep some of these in our RV and in our suitcases. Easy to use wherever a cup and hot water are available. Very good flavor for an instant coffee. The individual packets stay fresh a lot longer than small jars or bags of instant coffee.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good for an instant, November 28, 2010
I don't usually drink/buy instant coffee, but since I got a sample of these I had no reason to not try it. It is very quick, empty the packet in a mug, add 6 ounces of hot water and stir. In a standard coffee mug, 6 ounces is slightly over half a cup so that was a little disappointing. The flavor was not the best but if you are really jonesing for a cup of coffee and don't have a lot of time or don't want to brew a whole pot, it will do the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars tasters choice individual sticks, April 20, 2009
I ordered these for my older sister in California. She has severe arthritis and can't get out much. She and her husband both just adore these individual packets. Each one is fresh when opened, not like the coffee one gets in a jar. They do not always drink coffee. Apparently, they do not get stale because someone with arthritis did not close the lid tight enough. Contrary to the bottle variety, the granules melt instantly without too much effort. The taste is fresh, easy to prepare so they are ecstatic about the thing. I order these for them as some items are cost prohibitive for their medicine ridden budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tasting!, March 20, 2009
Taster's Choice is my favorite instant coffee. The taste is great and it is the only brand I buy. We buy the 7 oz. canister for home use and these handy individual packets for travel. Try them, I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, February 9, 2009
this set certaintly will make you enough cups of coffee (nearly 100). As for taste and quality, ita not bad, a little thick, but if you need to have instant, I would be fine with having this everyday.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good decaf, May 20, 2011