5.0 out of 5 stars Willie, Mesa AZ
Excellent Electric Roaster Perfect size for serving 2 - 4 people.
Heats up quickly and cooks evenly. Use outside on the patio where you have an electric socket. Use indoors and it does not heat up the house.
Easy to clean up because of the nonstick surface.
Published on June 16, 2009 by Willie M. Horvatich

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Evaporation
Published 24 months ago by Jacqueline Huerta

5.0 out of 5 stars Willie, Mesa AZ, June 16, 2009
This review is from: Nesco 4805-14-30 5-Quart Electric Roaster with Nonstick Cookwell, White (Kitchen)
Excellent Electric Roaster Perfect size for serving 2 - 4 people.
Easy to clean up because of the nonstick surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN AMAZON MUST HAVE!!, February 10, 2010
Margo "margo" (Woods and Water of northern Wisconsin United States) - See all my reviews
This little Nesco is absolutely a necessity for one or two person households. It's difficult to find in stores, but was quickly delivered by Amazon. Since it offers a range of heat..up to 450, it can often be used instead of my large oven (nice summer benefit!). A few pieces of chicken, a couple of pork chops, a small casserole or to bake potatoes...and, since I keep most of my bread/rolls in the freezer, they are defrosted and warmed quickly and to order. My previous counter-top Nesco was a 6qt, which has some advantage over the 5qt in that it's roomier...but I need counter space, so the 5qt was a good choice for me. It's compact in design. This oven is used by me daily..usually several times....to cook or to re-heat. My 6qt, 'tho many years old, went to a daughter...still lots of use in it. The most useful appliance I own! For those who like crock cooking, this will serve as that, as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars NESCO ROASTER, August 14, 2008
PROMPT DELIVERY; BEST BUY. LOVE IT, DON'T HAVE TO TURN ON THE OVEN AND IT IS SO CONVENIENT FOR TWO PEOPLE, BUT WILL COOK A ROAST FOR A BIG FAMILY. SECOND ONE I'VE HAD. GAVE MY SISTER THE OTHER ONE.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this neat little 5 Quart Roaster Oven., September 5, 2011
I love this neat little 5 Quart Roaster Oven. (I got it free with my charge card rewards points). You can bake, slow-cook, roast, steam, poach, whatever. So far I have made lasagna, mini banana breads, chili, skewered shrimp, keilbasa and sauerkraut and more. Really easy to clean. I just hand wash it. Great for not heating up the whole oven, or offers more cooking space if you are cooking a large meal and can be used outdoors. Also comes with a small recipe book. I have already made several of them! Perfect for our family of 3. They also make larger ones. Neat item, a recommend! *I took off one star because it has a very short cord, and has no 'on' light.

1.0 out of 5 stars nesco 5qt roaster, August 7, 2012
in doing the burn off per instructions the entire unit became as hot as a fire cracker. everything from the temp. knob to the lid handle were hot. i have had nescos before and never had anything happen like this. returned to provider. first item ever from amazon to be returned.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Evaporation, August 1, 2012
I had a HB 3-in-1 slow cooker & sold it because it was too heavy & bulky for my needs. I had my eyes set on either the west bend cooker or this roaster. I ended up purchasing this roaster because of the "circle of heat" it had which meant it worked more like a slow cooker than the west bend model which heats only from the bottom. I had no issues with curing it as others have mentioned, instead my issues are with the lid. It is very loose fitting which means it allows for A LOT of water evaporation. This is additionally worsened by the two holes on the lid. I can easily see how food could burn & start sticking (my old crockpot had little to no evaporation). I almost burned the food the first time I used it because I didn't expect for it to evaporate so quickly. I tried to remedy some of this by plugging up the holes on the lid but the evaporation is still significant. I guess my only recourse is to double the amount of water I'd usually use or cover the cooking well with foil before placing the lid on. Nevertheless, I wouldn't recommend turning it on & leaving it unwatched for a prolonged period of time if you've never used one before. Really wish it had a tighter fitting lid. On the bright side, I made ribs the other day & they turned out superbly tender.

Update 7/24
This is a purchase I now wish I hadn't made. Not because it's a terrible appliance, but because I found something that fits my needs better. I recently found an old West Bend slow cooker that has met every expectation I had for the Nesco & as a result, my roaster now spends most of its time in a cabinet. The West Bend, like the roaster is variable in temp but it has a MUCH smaller footprint than this Nesco roaster & it holds a quart more! It also has a heavy glass lid that keeps evaporation to a minimum (which is what I was struggling with when using the Nesco). Another bonus is that the lid on the West Bend can also be used as a serving dish &, I haven't tried it yet, but the cooking well is also stove-top friendly so you can brown & then slow cook if you need to. The heating element can also be used as an electric griddle. The closest modern appliance I've found to this West Bend slow cooker is the Magic Mill slow cooker which is also sold on Amazon. I wouldn't purchase a modern West Bend as the modern models don't have the heavy glass lid/ serving dish. Hope this helps!

1.0 out of 5 stars 95 F. Low, July 5, 2010
Bud (Colorado) - See all my reviews
This 5 qt. replaced a 6 quart Nesco. The thermostat is 95F. low and no way to calibrate it. It gets very hot on the bottom and should not be used on glued counter tops. I wrote the company in Wisconsin about the problem and have not received an answer.
We have owned Nesco roasters since the 40s. This will be the last.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Keeper, July 1, 2010
I definitely recommend this cooker. It is easy to use and easier to clean. It cooks evenly and quickly. I don't have air conditioning in my home so in the summer I don't like to cook in the oven. With this cooker, I can still cook meals without heating up the house. I love this cooker!

Rate and Discover Movies