Nesco BG-88 Professional 12-Cup Burr Grinder with 17 Grind Settings
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Burr coffee grinder offers 17 grind settings from fine to course
- Large 8-4/5-ounce bean hopper; adjustable timer with auto shut-off
- Individual measurement markings for 2 to 12 cups
- Transparent hopper and bin; slip-resistant, vibration-free base
- Measures approximately 8 by 6-4/5 by 11-3/5 inches
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1) Don't let the picture fool you. While the images may give you the impression this machine looks well designed and durable - I can assure you it is not. I actually had the benefit of purchasing it locally and was able to hold the box in my hand. I wish I could have held the machine itself, though. The plastic bean holder and grounds holder are made of thin, brittle plastic. So thin and brittle that I handle it very slowly and carefully to avoid dropping it. I have the feeling that if the grounds holder slipped out of my hands and fell 6 inches to the table top, that would be enough to shatter it. Furthermore, the grounds holder and lid are not flat and have several 'directions' - which make it clumsly and difficult to snap together.
2) The instructions actually advise you to clean the spout (where the grounds come out) after every use. They aren't kidding!!! In fact, on several occasions, while trying to grind less than half the capability of the timer, the grinder would stop grinding (even though the motor was still going) and I had to clean the spout. The real problem is that in order to fully clean the spout, the machine must be empty and spout tilted downward to help clear the passage. I've also noticed that gravity alone is not enough when tilting it - you will need to pat the sides of the machine to help loosen the build up.
Overall, this machine feels and works like a cheap toy. I don't know the company and have no idea what their reputation might be. They utterly failed with this product, though. Furthermore, the philosophy of 'you get what you pay for' does not apply to this product. Even if it was less than $10.00 I would want to warn any potential buyers.Read more ›
It will not make turkish but it may possibly do the job for espresso.
It would never pass the test for a connoisseur or Barista. If you are a beginner it may work out. I will let you know on this because I do plan to get an espresso machine soon probably a Starbucks Barista off eBay since thats the best quality for the money in my price range .
I bought this at the same time as a Mukka express Cappuccino maker which I returned (not a good product).
For now I am using it with a french press and it does the job well .
You do need some type of small long brush like you would use to baste your BBQ to clean out the old grounds so you do not have any stail coffee grounds in your next brew.
I am still playing around with it so I will come back and update soon.
My conclusion so far is it is a decent burr grinder for the money and people looking for a little more quality and uniform grind than you would get from a blade grinder but I would not expect the quality of a $100 burr from this.
The only good thing I can say is that Amazon is always excellent with returns so it was no problem to get a different grinder.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have used one of these for 3 years...most only last 2 years top with all the coffee we drink.....i am still using the old one .... Read morePublished 13 months ago by charles boyes
A worthless kitchen tool that makes a mess of grinding coffee beans. Ground coffee plugs their exit hole, the ground cup is impossible to remove from the grinder, it doesn't grind... Read morePublished 14 months ago by W. Newman
It's more than I expected. Very happy with it. It was a gift for our daughter and she was very pleased. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Amazon Customer
It has been several years since I have purchased such a poorly engineered kitchen appliance. From the very first use I found it very difficult to remove the cheap plastic coffee... Read morePublished on February 2, 2014 by poltroon
I bought this coffee grinder as a present for my boyfriend. On the second use the coarseness setting moved from where I set it all the way up. Read morePublished on January 26, 2014 by Amazon Customer
The grinder is a mess and I mean a mess all over the counter top. The worst part is it will not grind course regardless of the setting. Read morePublished on December 23, 2013 by W. B. Thomas
This coffee grinder is very messy, it left grounds all over the counter every time it was used. You can not pull out he ground coffee tray without a grinds getting all over the... Read morePublished on December 3, 2013 by Christopher Krueger