Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nestle Carnation Instant Breakfast Vhc Lactose Free Vanilla 250Ml - Case of 24 - Model 9871633900
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 15, 2008
I care for my elderly father who is malnourished due to a digestive disorder. It does not help that he is very picky about what he eats. Getting extra calories into him has been a major trial. We have spent hundreds of dollars on supplements and much more on grocery bills with so much ending up in the garbage. Then this new Instant Breakfast VHC came out. The dietitian gave us samples to try and I prayed it would be something Dad would drink. Whalla! I am thrilled that he enjoying this new product and we are already seeing positive results less than a week into using it. It has a very rich and creamy texture but is not sickeningly sweet. It is even palatable at room temperature which was surprising to us all. It is great as is or mixed in a blender with other flavors. A must try for anyone needing to add calories to their diet. Jerri in VA
on April 24, 2008
My husband is recovering from cancer and has a very hard time eating.
This drink really helps keep his weight and nutrition at a good level.
Mixes well with banana and ice cream in the blender.
on April 4, 2011
If you're struggling with weight gain, I recommend this product. I have been drinking them for the last 4 years and am still going strong. I figured if I needed calories, go with the most, so the 560 calories works for me. The consistency is thicker than the 250 or 375 calorie count. However, the 560 only comes in vanilla, so if you tire of that, add yogurt, fresh fruit, and it's even better. I have not been able to find these at retail, so online is the solution.
on September 18, 2009
Carnartion Instant Breakfast has helped my father (age 89) greatly as he was losing weight due to cancer. This product has more calories and nutrition than most others that can be bought in stores. A friend told us about it and it has become a daily part of my father's diet and he has actually gained 7 pounds after losing nearly 30 pounds. He eats other meals and has one can each evening. It tastes very good and easy to drink. It can be mixed with heavy cream or ice cream for added calories as well. Other products seem to be lacking calories and nutrition compared to Carnation Instant Breakfast. Buying through Amazon.com is the cheapest and most efficient way we have found to get the product. I recommend it highly. By the way, my father is beating the cancer and a full recovery is expected.
on May 12, 2007
I ordered this & arrived via UPS within a few days. I use this product along with a prescription formula . I've had a hard time finding this at an affordable price in my area, and was pleased with the cost & shipping provided with my order.
on February 16, 2009
Had this product doctor prescribed to gain weight for my 5 year old. Unfortunately can't find this product in retail stores.
Seen improvement by using the product.
on November 14, 2008
Can also get this essential product by calling Allegro Medical 800-861-3211. They may reduce 4 case order to 119.30 plus reduced shipping of 14.95 by calling. Blessings to everyone using this product!
on May 25, 2009
My daughter is fighting Stage III melonoma and has been losing weight but using the Nestle's Nutrition she has gained four pounds already, she loves mixing it with different fruits or even ice cream.
on May 21, 2009
My son is 17 months old, weighs 19 lb and is 31" long. He was diagnosed with hypotonia (low muscle tone). He is in the bottom 4% for weight. We were concerned with this, when his doctor suggested we add carnation instant breakfast to his milk.

I did not like what I found in the store. The powder packets only have 240 calories (when mixed with milk). In addition, my son is lactose intolerant.

Our son loves this and he is putting on weight. I ordered two more cases for good measure. We need to make him chunky!

U P D A T E: It's been almost three months now and our son has gained 4 lb (which is awesome for him), but it was mostly not due to the product. We found that when we fed him the instant breakfast he would stop eating food altogether. So we mixed the instant breakfast with his milk (1 oz carnation instant breakfast and 8 oz milk). Even with this mix, he would not eat his food. Since our main issue was food intake (he has a sensory eating issue), we stopped giving him the instant breakfast. It's still awesome though for when we travel.
on March 26, 2009
For people who have trouble consuming enough food to keep their weight up, this is a good alternative. It is even better as part of a shake made with Ovaltine and ice cream.