Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 1, 2013
I started to use the device I got for Christmas. I bought my son a Rocu XS for Christmas and was surprised when my wife bought me a NeoTV for Christmas. At first I liked the deice, but after only a few uses I started to change my mind. The unit was considerably slower than the RoKu and it cold not stream 1080P over wifi. I decided to try he Netfilx app an you could not enter in the information to sign up for an account. None of the letters would highlight wen entering your information. I connected the unit to the Ethernet port to see if it would resolve the 1080p Streaming issues and the unit at first connected to the internet but the unit lost its internet connection and would not connect to the internet. I tried assigning the unit to a static IP but when you enter the data there is a quirk in the firmware where it will not let you enter the address when you kit the assigned play key to enter the data. My advise is to but the Roku and skip the headaches. Buy the Roku and save yourself some headaches.
on May 21, 2012
For only $50 per box, I bought two for my separate bedrooms and they work fine through drywalls from the living room WI-FI router.
on December 27, 2012
I bought one for our second TV set. I like this item; however, touch screen programming would be a lot better than moving the cursor through the alphabet. One of the programs I tried to watch was not synchronized with the audio. It appeared that the movie needed to be speeded up to compensate. I am not sure if that was the Neo or the TV. I never encountered that issue with the other one. It is simple to hook up to your TV. Programming is also simple.
I might consider recommending it to a friend.
on December 12, 2012
I bought this with hope of playing my divx collection on a remote tv. the interface to play you local files is horrible.
on April 24, 2013
I went to Best Buy for a blue ray, and found this and thought "oh, what luck!" because it was cheaper, and all I wanted it for was Netflix anyway. I paid $50 for this (versus $85 for a blue ray) and it was an awful purchase. Everything that it does takes forever. 15 seconds to connect to the internet, 20 seconds to load netflix, sometimes it is almost a minute before I can choose a title, and then it has to buffer, and I have never gotten through a 30 minute show without it stopping to load several times. You can't pause or rewind because the slow response time makes it not worth it. In theory it is really cool, but it doesn't deliver. Don't waste your money.
on August 11, 2012
I just recently purchased this item about one week ago, and the video quality is amazing, with little or no buffering.

However, I may have to return the device for one reason: Application lag

The issue:
With any of the following apps I use on this NeoTV: Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Vudu
I notice it takes forever and a day for the items/queues/images to load in order for me to select the item I would like to watch. In fact, the experience is HORRIBLE.

However I must admit, that once I make my selection, the video loads just fine.

I will re-post a NEW review if I can have this issue fixed, but there does not appear to be a support link for this device.

Edit:
Also the issue I am having seems to be that the bottom navigation for Hulu Plus has been obscured. Which does not allow me to search for a title and makes the experience even MORE HORRIFIC. Which I believe is false advertising... If you goto the following link:
[...]
You will notice a Navigation selection near the bottom of the screen... I don't see that when I load this app.

Product: NETGEAR NTV200-100NAS
on November 22, 2012
I had a Roku brand previously. This one has a remote with some cool ideas (keyboard on back of remote for searching) but overall its quality of performance is very poor. The box is very slow to respond to commands from the remote and though it connected easily to my wireless network, it freezes and pixillates a lot. When the movie or show you're watching does freeze, you're not able to override with the remote control and have to unplug the box to cycle it, then wait for it to reconnect to the wireless network. In all, I was very much more satisfied with my Roku. When I saw the considerably lower price on this I caved and purchased it instead of the Roku. Seems that in this case, you really do get what you pay for. I'll probably go buy another and throw this Netgear out.
on February 7, 2013
We have a Roku for one TV and wanted another upstairs. Saw this one and thought it was better because it offered the YouTube option...which is nice...but it's not worth that option to skip over the Roku. After purchase, I realized that this box doesn't stream Amazon Prime videos, but the Roku does. So another star gone for this box. Loading up Netflix takes forever sometimes, it's laggy and occasionally just stops and resets itself. So this is why it gets a low rating. I wish I'd gone with another Roku.
on November 23, 2012
I brought one for my dad a few months ago as a alternative to the Roku, since he wanted a Streaming Box but what he use the most is youtube and its not available on the roku. The unit OS performs a little slow to what im used to but its usable. My biggest complain is that after aprox 2 months of purchase the unit stopped working.At first we tough it was the remote batteries, we replaced them with no luck, we tried with the android app and no luck either. Now it just turns on and nothing else. Too bad since my dad loved it, but now he hesitates to buy anything from Netgear.

Note: I didn't brought the unit from Amazon.
on April 2, 2012
I bought this for my 6 year old to have nextflix in her own room, installation was as easy as their 123 steps and works perfectly (for 1 month now) fits in a little corner under her 19 inch tv. I highly recommend it.