Netgear Router wndr3700 with Actiontec GT701D DSL Modem I have a Netgear wndr3700 dual band router. It looks like I need to replace a very SpeedStresm 5100 DSL modem with a new DSL modem (AT&T DSL service). Is it possible to use this seperate router with a Actiontec GT701D DSL Modem? Any other modem suggests to use with the Netgear 3700?

Thanks.

............................John
asked by EMudgeSr on September 30, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
I looked for such products and came to the conclusion that this is the best ADSL Modem available now.
I'm a bit curious about it Electric Current input ... does it accept 220 as I don't live in USA
O.A. answered on November 15, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
@EMudgeSr: Yes, I just bought and installed Actiontec GT701D and it works just fine with my WNDR3700. I configured it with PPoE and reconfigured my router (took out the ISP login in setup) and I was up in 5 minutes.

@Omar: Yes, the power supply is rated 110-240V, which means it works both in USA and the rest of the world. The only thing if you buy it here in the US you will need a plug adapter so it can be plugged into your AC plug.

Question: Is there any difference in performance or security when this DSL modem is configured as a bridge. What are the pros and cons of configuring it as a bridge vs. as a router?
Amazon Customer answered on December 7, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product