|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
Netgear Universal Push2TV HD Wireless PC to TV Adapter - Latest Generation (PTVU1000)
- Easy-to-use adapter to wirelessly display your PC on your TV
- Universal adapter works with most Desktops and Laptops
- Experience your videos and pictures in HD resolution up to 1080p on your big screen TV-no more crowding around a small laptop screen
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. After installing their application on CD, my laptop screen was magnified up 2000 times (big big icons overlapped and couldn't move anything) and nothing showed on my HDTV. Tried several times, got the same result.
2. Then called their support team for help. The person identified herself as engineer(from oversea) seemed to read a script and didn't know to troubleshooting problems...hour wasting. Then she told me to go their website download the application file and hang up. I did download the compressed zip file and couldn't open it. I tried to use other applications to unzip the file. Finally I still got the same result as CD downloaded. It didn't work.
3. Tried for six hours and was fustrated for the product described as easy to install. Many hours were wasted trying to make it work. Then I returned it next day after receiving.
To me, this product at this time is not worth unless they fix their application. I wouldn't recommend it. Don't take my words, try yourself and see it yourself. May be you can make it work. Good luck.
We apologize for the difficulties you had in setup and with support. We want everyone's experience with this and other NETGEAR products to be smooth, and we're here to help. If you decide to try the unit again, or wish to discuss this further, please contact us at email@example.com, and provide the case numbers you received from support.
Warned by somebody else's review, I checked my computer speed to see if this would be compatible to play decent streaming video and give it a try. The booklet says: System Requirements for 720p playback, you need a 1.8GHz Core Duo processor or better. For 1080p playback, you need a 2.4 GHz Core2 Duo processor with 2 GB of memory or better. Since I kinda had an idea of what this meant, I went on Help on my computer and searched until I found out how to check my computer speed. I saw enough numbers to give me hope that this an my High Speed internet would work out to project onto my 32" flatscreen. They also give you some adjustments you can make if you would like it to run a little smoother by making your image smaller. I would imagine that the bigger the TV screen, the more powerful a computer you need to project a better picture.
I got the package in the mail, followed the instructions step by step for hookup. Loading the program took the longest, a little under 10 min or so. Altogether it took about 20 minutes to set up ---- Then it worked!!!
SCREEN SIZE ADJUSTMENTS: I find the computer seems to give a lot of automatic popup buttons for "find best compatibility/optimization" so I click them and the screen fits the TV automatically. After I played with it a little bit, I found there are a lot of ways to adjust fitting things to the screen.Read more ›
I read through the manual and tried all the suggestions of how to make the video better. Nothing really helped, so I tried the recommended extend mode. The result was the TV showed the background scenery with no desktop icons and no cursor. The sound from the movie could be heard on the TV, but that's all. Then, I noticed that I didn't have a cursor on my monitor either. I could not get back to the mirror mode even after a re-boot. I had to uninstall and reinstall the software. This was a hassle. I found that two drivers did not load: WSR_CBA.SYS and WSR_USF.SYS. I decided to get support from Netgear. What a joke. They require you to register -which is OK- but they require as much personal information as a mortgage lender: that's not OK with me. I was ready to send the product back when I decided to check Display Link for updated software. After downloading, the unit worked better but I'm still not able to get the "Fit to TV' or "Extend" modes to work properly. I think I may keep the unit because it meets my minimum expectations and I purchased it at a good price, but I would not recommend this unit to a friend.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works well with windows 7 and before but doesn't work with windows 8 and they don't provide new drivers. I hate NetgearPublished 13 months ago by Marc Habib
NETGEAR wasted my time telling me that this was the product compatible with my computer. Well, it was not and after 5 hours with 4 NETGEAR reps/experts they finally confirmed what... Read morePublished 23 months ago by Jetman
Works great. It does the job, and delivery was fast.
Let's us use the TV screen for something being viewed on the computer.
I purchased this thinking that I had to have it. However after getting it all set up I was disappointed. The quality is ok but it just isn't that useful. Read morePublished on December 28, 2013 by Amazon Customer
Owning this product for over a year and, overall, its doing a good job.
My laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad T510 and i mainly use it as a second screen. Read more
Will not work on Windows 8. Th cure, go back to 7
Works fine but it seems to get very warm in operation