Questions & Answers
Netgear WPN824N N150 Wireless Router
by Netgear
3.9 out of 5 stars (272)
$27.99
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 36 questions
vote
I prefer just bypassing the CD for router installations. Does your laptop have an Ethernet hookup so that you could plug directly into one of the four router ports? If so, connect that way and open up a web browser and go to address 192.168.1.1, that is the default IP address for commercial routers. That should take you to a login screen, the username should be "admin" and the password should be "password". This will get you into the routers configuration page. From here you can use the menus along the left to set up your wireless settings.
Oct 20, 2013 by Jeremy W
votes
It is a high speed router but it is not a cable or dsl modem. You should use this router along with your current modem.
Jun 6, 2014 by Michael Teegarden
votes
We were able to access data on two different smart phones, a laptop, and desk top computer while using this router for the three days that it worked for us.
Aug 1, 2014 by Gramma K
votes
We use it mainly for wireless connection. It should work for dell desktop. I am. It sure if frontier is the internet carrier. If so. You should be able to connect it. It took little while before the wireless network is available without setup. Give it sometime.
Jan 26, 2014 by Michelle
votes
I wired connection is always (for now) going to pull a stronger connection, where a wireless connection will be 3/4 the strength or less. We simply cannot send the same amount of data through the air as we can through a wire. There is nothing wrong with your hardware, it is simply the limitations of one connectivity method to the other. If you need to remain at your higher connection speed, keep the hard line (through the modem). If you are ok with 40mb/down, which you should be unless you're streaming 40K movies... and you prefer the mobility that the router provides, then leave it wireless. IMO: 40MB/DOWN is a great speed! You're OK! HTH
May 21, 2014 by Travis Lankford
votes
One year parts and labor, according to the manual. Mine works great and it's a couple years old too. Enjoy!
Sep 14, 2013 by Stephen A. Sidman
votes
I am not sure I understand your question? The device provides the options for various encryption methods thus it is user defined.
Jul 10, 2013 by Ultra Dub
votes
Yes, you can. Just follow the router's manual to configure your network. Thx.
May 26, 2015 by JC
votes
LOLOL I hear you. My GUESS is that if Verizon gives you an Ethernet feed from their Fios run, then absolutely YES. My guess is they will try to sell you or "word" you into thinking you have to have their router. Ask them clearly if you will get an Ethernet feed without their router. As part of their service, from some of the FIOS installs I have seen, their "smartjack" has an Ethernet output so you might be lucky. hope that helps.
Jan 29, 2015 by Robert Diaz
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers