Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Netgear WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR4500-10...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 65% off the $200.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.17 shipping
2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Netgear WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR4500-100NAS)
|Price:||$99.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$101.00 (51%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Installing customer-supplied router
- Password protecting your network
- Connecting up to four internet-ready devices
- Providing use and troubleshooting instructions
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Wireless N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router with WiFi Speeds up to 900 Mbps (450 + 450) ideal for HD video streaming and other demaning applications
- Security - Best in class (WPA/WPA2?PSK) and WEP and Push ?N? Connect ensures a quick and secure network connection using WiFi Protected Setup? (WPS)
- NETGEAR Genie? ? Easy dashboard control to manage, monitor and repair your home network
- WiFi Range - Simulateous Dual Band doubles bandwidth while reducing WiFi interefearece and is ideal for larger homes with many connected devices
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
The NETGEAR Difference
- Faster WiFi speed - Up to 900Mbps
- WiFi range for large homes
- NETGEAR genie App - monitor, control & repair your home network
- IPv6 Compatible
NETGEAR N900 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
The N900 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router delivers 450+450Mbps speed and with simultaneous dual-band technology avoids interference ensuring top WiFi speeds and reliable connections.
- ReadySHARE Printer - Wirelessly access & share printer
- ReadySHARE USB Access - Wirelessly access & share USB storage
- Expand TiVo Storage to shared USB drive
- Apple Time Machine compatible
- VPN Support
Speed, range, connectivity
Range—For larger homes.
Faster WiFi—Up to 450+450 Mbps.
Gigabit wired—Ideal for HD gaming & video.
Simultaneous dual band—Reduces interference for better connections to more WiFi devices.
Advanced QoS—Optimized for smooth HD streaming & gaming.
DLNA—Find & play your media on DLNA TVs & game consoles.
Readyshare USB access—Wirelessly access & share USB hard drives via two (2) USB 2.0 port.
Readyshare Printer—Wirelessly access & share a USB printer.
Time Machine—Automatic Mac backup to a USB hard drive connected to the router.
Parental controls—Web filtering for all your connected devices.
Guest network access—Separate & secure access for guests.
Secure WiFi connections—Highest level wireless security with WPA/WPA2.
VPN Support—Secure access to your home network.
|N600 Dual Band WiFi Router||N750 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router||N900 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router||R6200 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router||R6300 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router|
|Combined WiFi Speed||N600||N750||N900||AC1167||AC1750|
|WiFi Transmit Power To Maximize Range||Best||Best||Ultimate||Ultimate|
|No. Of USB Ports||1||1||2||1||2|
|Ethernet Ports – 4 LAN + 1 WAN||Gigabit Ethernet||Gigabit Ethernet||Gigabit Ethernet||Gigabit Ethernet||Gigabit Ethernet|
|USB Storage Access Speed||Good||Best||Best||Ultimate||Ultimate|
|Genie – Dashboard Control||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Time Machine Compatible||✓||✓|
- N900 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR4500v2)
- Ethernet cable
- Power adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Premium Feature Booklet
NETGEAR genie App
NETGEAR genie makes installation almost effortless. Genie also allows you to easily monitor, connect & control your home network from a PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Home network manager
- Makes any printer AirPrint compatible
- Find & play media files in your network
- EZ Mobile Connect – Scan QR code to connect
- Ultra fast file transfer across devices in your home network
Top Customer Reviews
Cheap wireless N routers do 150mbps
Good ones do 300mbps on both 2.4 and 5ghz range
Expensive ones get 300mbps on 2.4 and 450mbps on the 5ghz range
This router does 450mbps on BOTH 2.4 and 5ghz
Only 1 other router currently has this capability, a trendnet router, but it offers none of the user friendly capabilities as this one does. Its so fast, There are a very small number of wifi adapters that will even be able to utilize all 450mbps (most of them intel), so this router should remain top of the line for a good while.
If you are a router junkie, you might know that this router is a true upgrade to the renown WNDR3700 , rather then the WNDR4000. This router packs efficient high power amps on both the 2.4 and 5ghz antennas, meaning better throughput throughout the house and better signal and coverage. Whereas I used to get 3 bars in my room, I now get a full 5.
There is also a full host of features on this router,features any high end router has, such as gigabit connections, full range of led status lights, separate guest networks on both bands, etc.
Now, the router dosnt come with a CD, but that's a plus, you just open a webpage after connecting to the router it will have a prebuilt SSID and password) and type in routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 and press enter. There you will be directed to the "netgear Genie" program where you will have a host of things you can change from basic parameters to higher advanced functions. cool things this has is 2 usb ports which can connect printers and harddrives to your network and DLNA functionality.Read more ›
I am an IT professional, author of many technical books, and I work from home and needed a performance upgrade from my older Linksys wireless router (Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Router). So I purchased the Linksys E2500 Advanced Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router (from amazon.com) and it was a disaster, see my 1 star review there for details. I packed it up and returned it. Amazon handled the return smoothly as always. I decided never again for Linksys.
As a replacement, I first thought about getting the NETGEAR N750 (WNDR4000) which had great reviews, but I decided that for the small difference in price I'd go for this top model.
I unpacked the Netgear N900 (WNDR4500) and had it installed in about 5 minutes on my home network (with 11 computers and many wireless devices) What I did:
1) I made the cable and power connections, and directly connected a PC to the Netgear router to obtain the configuration information.
2) With a web browser I entered the router's web address. The Netgear N900 reported:
* a 2.4GHz Network Name (SSID) : NETGEARxx and password
* a 5GHz Network Name (SSID) :NETGEARxx-5G and password
Also did a firmware update (single click of the notice that it was available)
3) I turned on a wireless laptop (Windows 7) and opened the wireless connections dialog, it listed the NETGEARxx SSID, I logged in (with the previous info.) and was immediately on the internet.
4) AFTER having confirmed that it was working, I logged into the Netgear N900 as administrator (admin/password) and changed the admin password, the SSID names and passwords.Read more ›
I have had a case open with Netgear practically since I purchased the router, my support is about to expire, and I've had no useful feedback from them. I've supplied all of the debug information requested, which was supposed to be passed to Netgear "3rd level support", and I have heard nothing back from them in weeks. I have been constantly assured that the problem would be resolved, but now my 90 day support is about to run out, with no word or hint of a resolution from Netgear. I would absolutely return this device if I was able... it is just taking up space on a shelf and has been a waste of $190.
3/16/2012 - It has been going on 5 months since I purchased the Netgear N900, and there is still no resolution to this problem. The only way I can have a stable home network is to use the router I was originally trying to upgrade from.
Netgear continues to make promises that they will resolve this issue, but still nothing. They say their engineers are researching the issue, but for the most part they don't even ask questions related to the issue I've described.
I have requested a refund or an RMA, but contrary to their promises, they are unresponsive to any such request. I highly recommend not purchasing this router, but if you risk it, return it immediately if you have any issues.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This router worked great for me for two years. Fast, reliable, perfect. For the first time today I thought I'd plug in a usb drive to use the readyshare. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Tesgin
This is SO much better than a LinkSys ! Easy to set up and it did great providing signal from guesthouse through to main brick home with no problem!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
we really love this router. we live in a 2,000 square foot home and find this router reaches all areas. even in the way back of the house. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Randibeth
I have had this router for a couple years now with zero issues! This has been an amazing router and still working great!Published 1 month ago by Jklentz
It's just okay. It works, but after a power outage, and we seem to have them often here, it's very quirky to get to restart properly. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Cathy Michaels
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Wireless Routers in our Wireless Router Reviews.