All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves

on August 16, 2002
Netter's Anatomy Flash Cards offer a unique learning resource to supplement the anatomy textbook, atlas and/or dissector materials that any University would use. This set of cards draws upon the timeless medical illustrations of Frank Netter, and includes not only the musculoskeletal system, but also a review of important nerves, vessels, and visceral structures not found in traditional flash card sets. Each 4 x 6 full-color card details human anatomy and is organized regionally in accordance with Netter's widely popular Atlas of Human Anatomy and a list is provide stating which plate in the atlas corresponds to each flash card in this set. Each card includes a comment section that provides relevant information about the structure depicted on the front of the card (orgin, insertion, action, innervation, and anatomical relevance). These cards offer an accurate and ready source of anatomical information in an easy-to-use and portable format that also makes them ideal for self-examination and review no matter where you are (supermarket, bank, or coffee shop without carrying around a 3 pound book). The cards are organized as follows: Head & Neck - 81 cards, Back & Spinal Cord - 24 cards, Thorax - 26 cards, Abdomen - 27 cards, Pelvis & Perineum - 20 cards, Upper Limb - 64 cards, Lower Limb - 71 cards
0Comment185 of 192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2004
I just finished my first year in medical school, and I thought these cards were a good starting point for studying. Often it's hard to motivate yourself to learn all the mundane details required in gross anatomy, and these flash cards were great to carry around on the bus and review during my commute.
However, these cards do not have all the information that is in the Netter's atlas or textbooks like Moore's Clinically Oriented Anatomy. These cards only review some bony landmarks, muscles, nerves, etc., but not all of them! So if you know these flash cards, don't fool yourself into thinking you know everything for your exam!
0Comment102 of 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2004
These flash cards are great. They are in full color (not all anatomy flash cards are created alike!) and include basic information about the body (ie the origin and insertion of muscles along with their importance). Remember, flash cards are meant for review, not for primary studying. You can turn these cards into a full study tool simply by adding information from Moore or any other anatomy text. We all want to cut corners, but using these cards alone won't do it (but they'll get you pretty close). I couldn't live without them. Couple them with Moore's Essential Anatomy and you have the perfect cocktail for success in Gross.
0Comment51 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 19, 2009
I went to the bookstore to buy some flash cards to help me study for my Anatomy & Physiology class (I am in a Nursing Program at a University). And, all of the boxes of Anatomy flash cards were sealed, so I chose this box based on the the number of cards that came in the box (over 300), the proudly proclaimed "online access", and also the fact that the cards are hole punched, and actually come with a ring to put the cards on.

Once I opened up the box, I was immediately disappointed. The cards are organized regionally.....NOT systematically. Which if you do not know what I am talking about, this means that rather than the flashcards being organized by organ system (i.e. skeletal system, cardiovascular system, etc), these cards are organized according to region such as, "Head and Neck" or "Abdomen". Now for those of you who are studying Anatomy by this regional approach, these cards might just do the trick.

However, for my Anatomy Class, (and all others that I am aware of), we are studying the body systematically.....The Skeletal System, The Reproductive System, The Endocrine System....etc, etc, etc...... I think this is how most Anatomy classes are arranged. However, with this deck of cards if your class is studying "The Skeletal System", you will need to go through all 7 different "regions" in this deck to pick out all the cards relating to the Skeletal System. Very inconvenient.

The next thing I noticed is that this deck does NOT contain any of the Integumentary System (Hair/Skin/Nails)!! I expected to find flashcards with diagrams of the skin, a hair follicle, a sagittal view of a fingernail, etc....but there were none! But, my disappointment did not end there...I went online to register this product to take advantage of the "online access" that is advertised all over the box. I was expecting some interactive learning material...but guess what? All the online access is, are the flashcards all over again, but on your computer. There is nothing new on the site that I could find. So once again, I was let down by this purchase.

Here are a few pros---The illustrations are very well done, the cards themselves have a quality, almost laminated feel to them, and the holes punched in the corner, and the included ring are indeed quite handy.

If you are taking an Anatomy Class, and want flash cards organized in a systematic way, that include ALL of the body systems (as well as cards with regional/directional terms), then you need to get "Kaplan Medical Anatomy Flashcards". I went back to the bookstore, and bought those, and they have fit my needs perfectly.
11 comment57 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2007
I bought and returned several other sets of flashcards and was pretty disgusted with the possibility of ever finding a set worth carrying around. I consulted my TA for an upper division Human Anatomy class who suggested these. Before they came I was able to find Netter's Atlas and was very impressed, so I hoped the flashcards would be as good. They are indeed excellent- clearly illustrated and clearly labeled. There is enough information on each cord that they can serve for studying several functional groups, eliminating the need to have a HUGE deck of cards. The illustrations are a subset of the Atlas so is possible to use them together- learning a greater set of structures in the larger illustrations, then studying on the go with the smaller cards.

The illustrations are so detailed that I was able to find some structures illustrated on these that were impossible to find in any other books or anywhere online. Nicely complete, even if they aren't structures you may need to know for a given course.
on April 11, 2007
Cards are nice and portable. Great pictures. Two faults: #1 The cards only show anterior and posterior views of muscles and their insertions/origins. Some of the muscles require lateral views to see the proper insertions. #2 The online product is EXACTLY the same as the cards. There are NO three dimensional views here. You spend $35 and you think they could at least provide that on the website.
on December 4, 2006
These are great for review in Gross Anatomy. The back of the cards describe origins, insertions, actions, and innervation of muscles. The only problem is that they don't include blood supplies, but that's easy to write in. This is a great resource! I can throw them in my purse and study anytime I have a few extra minutes (yeah, I know, pretty dorky, but helpful).
on September 23, 2004
The flashcards are nice to take anywhere. The numbers are lined to different parts of the region one is studying. Example the skull, if you are studying lateral view of the skull a number would highlight the temporal bone but you will have four lines pointing to four different parts of the temporal bone, if you needed more help to which part of the temporal bone was the zygomatic process it would be hard to find out which of those four lines pointed to it. The answers are next to the temporal bone in parenthesis but it does not go in to much detail to which line represents what. This could be better.
0Comment17 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Just like Netter will be your bast artistic Anatomy Atlas, so these cards are your best artistic Anatomy flashcards. The cards are tied to the Atlas of Human Anatomy and divided into 7 sections:
1. Head & Neck
2. Back & Spinal Cord
3. Thorax
4. Abdomen
5. Pelvis and Perineum
6. Upper Limb
7. Lower Limb

Each plate comes from the Netter atlas and contains (usually) the most important structures and landmarks from the big plate in the atlas.

You must be aware that these cards do not contain everything in the atlas. But I have found that because they focus on the most important, they are less overwhelming. Once I have mastered the flashcard, I have a better chance of filling in the missing details from the big atlas.

The cards are printed in high resolution on thick cardstock. The flashcards include a metal ring on which you can keep the cards you are working on. As a bonus, you get access to the cards online. The images are too low resolution in my opinion to be super useful. This is a nice addition, but probably not really necessary. Having previewed a few other flashcard options, I highly recommend Netter.
VINE VOICEon March 27, 2008
A copy of big Moore, the BRS Anatomy book, Netter's Flash Cards, and a photo atlas will see you through any med school anatomy class in good form. An actual atlas is optional. It's a good lifetime reference, but with Gray's Anatomy images on Wikipedia you can find answers to "where is it" questions faster than in a print atlas.

The flash cards are very high yield. They are focused on the key points, but more importantly they are so easy to have with you all the time. They are a great way to turn 5 mins into productive time. Clear categorization and coding in the box makes selecting the relevant cards easy.