5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product.
These laminated cards made a big difference in my histology preparation. They are informative, thorough and the pictures help to get a good grasp of important structures. Since they are portable, they are easy to carry to the library or a coffee shop. I recommend these cards to anyone who wants to enhance their preparations in histology.
Published on December 23, 2011 by Amy Miara

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice, pretty pictures but Poor Content
Pros:
Great-looking diagrams.
Cards are shiny and sturdy with holes in the upper left corner and come with a ring. They include clinically relevant information.
The cards themselves are aesthetically great.

Cons:
Published on October 22, 2011 by Medical Student

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product., December 23, 2011
Amy Miara (SOMERVILLE, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Netter's Histology Flash Cards, 1e (Netter Basic Science) (Cards)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice, pretty pictures but Poor Content, October 22, 2011
Pros:
Great-looking diagrams.
The cards themselves are aesthetically great.

Cons:
a.) The back of the cards: Very low yield in the sense that there are maybe ~2 concepts per slide and lots of trivial information. I found the back very unhelpful! They DID NOT tell me what I needed to know for histology. If you want good content, I highly recommend Lange's flash cards, which I found out about only after I already bought Netter's.

b.) I had a lab portion on my exams so needed to make sure I could identify structures on both light microscopy and EM. When you look at these flashcards, they have diagrams/illustrations that show idealized views and that's the problem: They're idealized. Disregarding the back of the flash cards which I found completely unhelpful, the idealized views may help you learn the basics. In my case, however, the front of the cards detracted from my ability to learn how to identify structures in real life and on lab exams. I would look at a flashcard and immediately be able to identify the cell type/structure/etc. from the diagram they gave, but it did not help with real life. At least on the cards I saw, even if there was a micrograph/photo on the card, there were diagrams with it, and since your eyes jump immediately go to the idealized diagrams, you can easily identify what you are looking at. If anyone has had a different experience with this, then please comment. I am just sharing mine. The front was too idealized, and the poor content in the back disappointed me highly.

If you want very pretty cards, Netter's is for you. If content's important, then I recommend Lange's. I really wish I could give these cards a 3 because Dr. Netter's artwork (illustrations, not actual photos) are great, but these cards were a waste of my money. Sadly, I could never use them.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend these flash cards for any level histology course, July 13, 2014
These cards helped a lot for histology practical. I would recommend these flash cards for any level histology course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great review tool, February 21, 2008
I really like to use flash cards as a break when I have studies out of the textbook a lot. These are a nice way to test your knowledge. Just dont spend your time trying to learn everything off of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Darn-Tootin' Nice Flashcards, September 22, 2011
These are very portable and easy to use.

I would buy this product again. Totally worth the price. I plan on buying additional similar products.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered, should have clarified Histotechnology.., November 29, 2012
I did not want info on tissue to look at, I wanted information on histotechnology? Not sure how these popped up?

Netter's Histology Flash Cards, 1e (Netter Basic Science)
Netter's Histology Flash Cards, 1e (Netter Basic Science) by Patrick C. Nahirney PhD (Cards - October 25, 2007)
Used & New from: $11.82