Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 3, 2016
Excellent introductory book for network theory.
on November 19, 2015
A very detailed oriented book on game & graph theory, efficiency of markets, harnessing power of crowd thought. I think it may be designed for the classroom as it is a long technical read but very in depth. Lots of examples, research. I loved it but it is not an overnight read
on May 11, 2015
Wordy.
on April 14, 2015
I might have red hundreds of books on some new subject like the one about networks in this book. Fascinating subject but this book is ONE OF THE WORST BOOK ON THE ON THE EDITORIAL FRONT. Lot of clutter in writing. Each sentence is unnecessarily written long with lotS of looping of thoughts... My head was spinning by the time I read chapter 3. It's was liking using a loops in some computer program.

Anyway, I recommend the authors to read a book called " On Writing Well" by William Zinsser
on January 10, 2015
Really had no use for this. It does provide musings and a nice addition for teaching a class, but no practical knowledge as far as network analysis is concerned.
on July 21, 2014
Excellent introduction to the structure and analysis of networks, as well as frequently observed patterns of behavior in multiple fields.
on February 21, 2014
Excellent work by authors who know how to make a complex subject accessible, fascinating and engrossing to non-experts. (This book is always checked out at our library.) I have only one problem with this book: the inks or glue(?) really smell! The off-gassing is nauseating. Get the ebook version!
on December 3, 2013
Love this book. Introduces in a very intuitive way, without loosing it's formality, the concepts of networks and its applications.
on February 12, 2013
This is without doubt one of the most well-written books I've read in a long time. I'm already a big fan of Kleinberg's Algorithm Design, and my expectations were high when I started reading this book. Needless to say, I enjoyed reading every chapter of the text--the writing is very fluid and coherent, with just the right amount of mathematical rigor that won't overwhelm the self-learner.

The authors do a superb job of taking concepts from basic network analysis and graph theory, and applying them to social and economic networks to create models that explain everyday phenomena. I picked up this book in order to learn more about social networks, and I suppose I couldn't have expected a better introduction.

There is a draft version of the book available at the authors' website, and in fact I ordered a copy of the book as soon as I had read a few pages of the draft--I knew instantly that it was the right book for me. Excellent writing.
on February 6, 2013
This is a nice introductory book to network ideas and some basic math concepts for network analysis. The math is made very easy and intelligible. There are lots of examples of real networks that have been studied. I think it makes for a good undergraduate textbook.