Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Neutral Regulator, 500 g / 1.1 lbs
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 15, 2013
I was having great difficulty maintaining the Ph level in my aquariums. I had tried frequent water changes, putting shells in them, and other pieces of advice you find on the internet. Nothing worked. It was around 6 to not measurable by the test. Then someone at my LFS said to use this, and it fixed everything! I was hesitant because I don't like to use chemicals in my tanks other than Stress Coat to dechlorinate during water changes. I have not had an issue with ammonia, nitrites, or nitrates since I started using this, and the Ph levels are rock solid. I tried to fix the other chemical levels for about a year, but they straightened out after I leveled the Ph. I actually use less than the directions call for and test weekly to maintain it, but I never put any in except at water changes.

I let it disolve in a cup while I am doing the water change. Otherwise particles will float around the aquarium until they dissolve. Some users complain about the phosphorus causing algae growth, but I love plecos so this is never a problem for me and I can't really say if it does!
on June 13, 2015
Great product make sure to take out your carbon filter or it just gets sucked in and ph remains high or low whatever your problem is. I use it only when I do water changes and I clean out the filter and let it filter run for at least 24 hours till I but carbon filter back in! Only chemical that you add to your water that carbon filter does not affect is Aquarium Salt! Test your water before adding this but make sure to clean your gravel first and let it settle and add your new water before you test. Test water 12 hours after adding this and adjust accordingly and test again at 24 hours and make sure you got PH where you want it before you put your carbon filter back in!
on June 29, 2016
It does as is advertised. I did not realize that using this as recommended in a planted tank would cause toxic levels of phosphorous in my tank. After research as to what was happening to my plants and advise online I figured out that it was this product causing it. Since I have stopped use of the product my plants are recovering. Just a warning for people with plants looking to use this. My PH did stay at 7 while using it though, just the side effects aren't worth it in my experience.
on May 9, 2013
I have used this product in my tap water for about a month now... My tap water is around 8.2 to 8.4 and has a decent amount of dissolved solids. To get three gallons down to 7.4 to 7.6 it takes up to 3 times the amount recommended to get it there. My tank is around 6.8 to 7.0. I can only do small amount of water changes at a time (around 10% or so) or it will start to stress out the fish, I even had some that will try and jump out. I think this product would work great if you have and acidic water problem. I use this in my tank to help bring up the p.h. and off set the tannic acid from the wood. (It used to be around 6.5)
on February 28, 2015
Tap water is around 8.5 to 9, and I have to add a huge portion of the container in order to bring it down to neutral. A water change thus costs a dollar or two if I want neutral pH. The only reason I gave it two stars is because it eventually does correct the pH. Next
on February 18, 2013
I ordered this product when I moved and the new tap water had a pH around 8. Unfortunately I did the pH test before I checked the kh and gh... It turns out that my carbonates are super high so the pH regulator has no effect on my water pH. So if pH is your only issue I'm sure this product would work well for you. Before buying this you should make sure you don't have other water issues that would affect pH.
on February 24, 2013
Neutral Regulator adjusts pH to neutral (pH 7.0) from either a low or high pH and maintains it there. It softens water while removing any chlorine and chloramine, it will bind ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate, stimulate slime coat production, and buffer the pH to 7.0.
I use Neutral Regulator along with Discus Buffer to buffer my aquarium water to 6.8.
These are the only water conditioning products I need; they do it all and make it so simple!
Thanks Seachem!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon January 26, 2014
I cannot count all of the chemicals I used to have under my tank until I got this. NOw you open up my cabinet and there is a test kit and this. Every few weeks I do a water change on my 55 gallon. I add a little bit to each one gallon jug of water I put in. I stir it with a whisk to help dissolve it in and add the water. It adjusts the ph as needed. No more fussing with test kits and trying to guess at dosing the tank up or down. This does the trick either way. Granted we have pretty good tap water, some of the best around our area so I cannot say how it would work if you had serious hard water problems or lots of chlorine but with us...well it just works and I cant beat the price on Amazon. I have paid up to 10 dollars more for this exact same bottle at our LPS.
on August 24, 2014
If you have a freshwater fish tank, this is the perfect product to condition tap water for use in the tank. Perfectly balances the pH and gets heavy metals and minerals out of the water. Love this product!
on February 1, 2014
Amazon is the most economical place to buy this product. If I don't use it in our city water when I change the water in our fish tank, the Ph level drops drastically and the fish start dying off. Have been using this for the past 7 yrs with success. A large bottle will last a long time.