5.0 out of 5 stars Makes your face feel refreshed.
I have used Neutrogena Alcohol-free Toner for quite a while. it doesn't dry your skin out and is very refreshing to your face.
Published on March 27, 2009 by Audre Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed with this product
Published on January 26, 2009 by Aurora Dawn

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed with this product, January 26, 2009
Neutrogena appears to have changed their formula from the alcohol-free toner they made that I liked to purchase nearly a decade ago. The old formula was great at cleaning and refreshing my oily skin without stripping moisture levels. This formula is not, in my opinion, meant for those with oily skin. It is very moisturizing, which many would like. For me, however, it leaves my skin much too oily and seems to aggravate my complexion. I would recommend this for someone with normal to dry skin, but don't feel like it does the trick for those of us with oily skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes your face feel refreshed., March 27, 2009

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, bad price, January 24, 2010
This is a good product, but you can get one 8.5 ounce bottle at Target for $6.19. Three of them would run you $18.57, and Amazon is currently charging $23.07 for a 3 pack. I guess Amazon does not always have the best deals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 13, 2011
soccerchick (Southern California) - See all my reviews
One- Great because it doesn't have alcohol in it. Virtually most toners on the market have alcohol in them and that's what really dries up your skin and messes with the pH balance.

Two- Using this doesn't dry your skin out. If anything, it restores your skin before moisturizing it (which toners are SUPPOSED to do).

Overall, I really like this product. I use it post washing to help get rid of the dry feeling some of the scrubs/washes can do sometimes, depending on the time of year. It leaves your skin feeling fresh and not tight/dry after use. It may not work for all, but I have average, borderline oily skin and I haven't had any issues with it drying my skin out. I'd definitely recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply love it, November 6, 2014
Storm "Chauna" (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
I have been using this product for years...simply love it

5.0 out of 5 stars great toner, March 31, 2014
cheap and nice toner. I've been using only this for 5 years now. Love that it's alcohol free so it doesn't dry my skin.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a great alternative to Proactiv, January 11, 2010
M. Ram (San Jose, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I use a toner after showering or shaving (my face and head), as these activities strip my skin of a lot of moisture and usually leave it feeling tight and dry. For years I was using the Proactiv (P) toner, and when the last bottle ran out, I decided to try the Neutrogena (N) toner.

While typically much more expensive, the P toner is worth the cost. For one thing, it isn't as viscous - the N toner comes out of the bottle like water, and you have to use more to cover your face. It tends to dry up fairly rapidly, while the P toner "Sticks" to your skin and keeps it moist until you put on moisturizer (or aloe vera gel, which I use instead of lotion).

While the P toner has a sort of floral fragrance, the N toner smells chalky. I actually think it's related to how dry it makes your face feel. The P toner feels refreshing when you slather it on, which is sort of the point of using a toner.

Unless you really want to save money (or are totally loyal to the Neutrogena brand), I'd recommend against buying these. If you end up not liking them, you'll be stuck with three bottles you "have to" use.

3.0 out of 5 stars The bottle does not indicate what soap is best to use before using the toner and it does ..., December 28, 2014
The bottle does not indicate what soap is best to use before using the toner and it does not indicate what moisturizer is best to use after the toner has been applied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 13, 2015
Bought for my Mom and she loves it!