5.0 out of 5 stars Only the best.
Published 17 months ago by ULTRA

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
I don't see much of a difference in using this shampoo. The bottle isn't very big either. I feel that it is similar to any head and shoulders product and with head and shoulders, you have different scents and get more in the bottle. I expected more from this. T-Sal works much better in dandruff control.
Published 10 months ago by KayBee513

5.0 out of 5 stars Only the best., August 21, 2013
This review is from: Neutrogena T/Gel Daily Control 2-in-1 Dandruff Shampoo Plus Conditioner, 8.5 Ounce (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
This stuff is a life saver, My scalp was extremely itchy due to PSORIASIS. It would drive me insane, I would wear hats all the time because my scalp began peeling at the hairline and crown area. My mother bought this for me years ago and honestly, I have NOT had an outbreak since then. I was using it daily and now I can go weeks without using it. I dont even think I have it anymore (knock on wood). I do not know what's in these ingredients that could be that powerful but I remember back in 2009 I used it for the very first time and it immediately calmed and soothed my scalp. It was like freedom!

I can only speak from my own experience and this stuff is a hero. What's really Ideal about this product is that even though it's medicated it's very gentle and delicate, it's not like your average shampoo that feels like dish detergant on your scalp. This is very lite and fun to use, I look forward to using it becauss I finally can wash my hair like a normal person without worrying about my head feeling burnt and stripped of all its natural protectors. Its like 'yaye, Im normal now!' Lol.

It also doesn't have a medicated smell, It just has a fresh out of the shower smell. Even if I didn't have psoriasis I would use this. Other shampoos are more glamorous because of the font on the bottles, the sassy commercials and the fragrance but lets keep it true and honest, noone looks like the people on those commercials anyway and beautiful or 'ideal' hair is a matter of genetics and has nothing to do with whats in a plastic bottle, until now...

Get this bottle and experience the magic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff!, August 2, 2012
debmcd123 (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I've been using the Daily Control medicated shampoo for about four months now and I love that I can use it frequently and it doesn't strip the color out of my hair and dry it out like other medicated shampoos. My scalp is very sensitive and over the years I've tried many shampoos in every price range - even supposedly miracle shampoos with their own infomercials. At last, I've found a shampoo that doesn't irritate my scalp and makes my hair look great. The conditioner is very light and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. It looks clean even if I skip a day of washing. And, since my scalp is no longer irritated, my hair seems to be growing in better and falling out less. My hair has never looked better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Seborrheic dermatitis, December 21, 2012
I have seborrheic dermatitis, and I used to have to rely on a douche of ketakonozole to deal with outbreaks, which left my hair sticky and gross. This product in conjunction with neutrogena's other T gel shampoos (tar and salicylic acid) help keep my scalp from becoming dry, irritated, and painful.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing product. Just shut up and buy it., September 1, 2013
I've tried about 4 dandruff shampoos before this one. 3 different types of Head & Shoulders and a Dove Men+Care. I used them for weeks and weeks but nothing changed. In fact, my dandruff had gotten progressively worse over the years. Then finally I was recommended Neutrogena. I used exactly how it said on the bottle, I let it stand on my head for a few minutes and I rinsed and repeated. MY DANDRUFF WAS GONE THAT DAY. That is not hyperbole, this is not a joke review, I'm not some lowly Neutrogena corporate employee. I'm just kid who a had terrible scalp problem but NO MORE! Seriously, this shit works, and fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works better than Head & Shoulders, Pert, or t-sal..., January 16, 2013
This has been the only product that has worked for my son. Well, I should say that t-sal worked but he really disliked the smell. This product WORKS like t-sal but smells soooooooo much better. The addition of the conditioner is nice too. I thought that the price on amazon was good too, considering I paid more than $7 at CVS.

5.0 out of 5 stars extreme dandruff? Use this!!!, November 26, 2014
I have been struggling with my stupid dandruff for months now. Went through bottle after bottle of shampoos and tried every home remedy imaginable. Nothing worked but this! And I am so relived! Finally I'm not self conscious of my flaky itchy scalp!! This stuff is surprisingly gentle but defiantly works miricles within two uses. It is very important however to get a lot of the product in your hair and really scrub and work it in and leave it for 3-5 minutes to really work. I even repeated it for good measure. I really also like that it's pretty nice smelling. There's no harsh chemical odor and it not only helped get rid of the flakes but soothed my red inflamed patches too. It's kind of an odd consistency though not like usual shampoo. It's kind of greenish and kind of reminds me of some kind of thin silly putty lol. Neutrogena is one of my favorite brands and it really lives up to expectations.

One thing I might add is that although it helps get rid of dandruff in the shower it also almost seems like it keeps working after you get out and when your hair dries you might be shocked to see even MORE dandruff. Don't panic! It's just loosened up the build up of patches and it is actually working. After my hair dried I spent a good 10-15 minutes tossling my hair and scrubbing my scalp all over my head to break it all up and get it out of my hair. Mine must have been really really bad though. And I have thick semi curly/wavy hair so in sure that doesn't make things easier. It says on the bottle two times a week usuage but I feel like this stuff is gentle enough for me to continue using it to just get it gone and over with once in for all! Thank you neutrogena! You are a lifesaver! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better then the rest!, March 14, 2014
This stuff works wayyyyyyy better then all the rest, if you suffer from very dry itchy scalp!! But it, you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars For chronic dermatitis sufferers--This shampoo is the one for you!, October 7, 2014
This the best shampoo/conditioner on the market for those who suffer with anything related to dry scalp, e.g. dermatitis, rosacea, etc. I have tried never everything, including the T-Gel solo version and it didn't help me. One day, I read a review about the new two and one combo. I felt a big difference after one shampoo!!! I believe the inclusion of a conditioner is a big plus in keeping the scalp moisturized. I have tried another product sold by the same company without conditioner and it didn't work for me. The other products I have used are Pantene, Head and Shoulders, Dove, Suave, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars changed my life, February 14, 2014
I had terrible dandruff my head was so damn dry I bought this within 2 weeks it was gone completely I never wanted to go anywhere it was really bad I've used this ever since still works great

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, December 28, 2012
Always awesome to have something in a 2 pack that's reasonably priced. Thanks! This stuff is great on my hair.