5.0 out of 5 stars Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System
Published on December 8, 2011 by S. Sullivan

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem to reduce sun spots for me
Published on January 13, 2012 by D. Chen

5.0 out of 5 stars Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System, December 8, 2011
This review is from: Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System plus Free Puff Refills, 36 Count (Misc.)
I received this product 3 days ago and have used it twice so far. I couldn't wait to use it the first night it arrived! After the first use, I noticed quite a difference in the appearance and feel of my skin. My skin felt so much softer and cleaner! Like another reviewer noted, it was like 40 lbs of make-up had been taken off, haha. Also, I noticed that the pores on and around my nose were visibly smaller (yay!). Using the product was simple - just put the pad on, get it wet, and turn it on! However, be forwarned that it is jarring to your face when you use it which is an odd sensation that I'll just have to get used to. Also, the instructions say to use on each part of your face for 1-2 minutes - I didn't have the patience for that, so I probably used it for 30-45 seconds on each part of my face instead. I still got results - maybe they would have been even better if I had used it longer. The cleanser on the pad foams up really nicely and the foam is very rich. I used the same pad the second time I used the product and there was still lots of foaming action, so more bang for your buck if you do this! I didn't notice as drastic a difference the second time I used it (2 days after the first time), but there was definitely more improvement. I look forward to using this handy tool 3 times a week and seeing my skin improve!

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, January 20, 2012
I have owned my microderm abrasion system for about two months, and I have used it about two or three times a week since then. It feels sort of weird when I'm using it (kind of vibrates my face and isn't all that comfortable), and the product on the puffs tastes really terrible and inevitably vibrates it's way past my lips. But, it's worth it. I really believe I'm getting results from the system. My skin feels cleaner, more even, less patchy, and I have noticed a reduced appearance of the lines on my forehead and the fine lines around my eyes (both places I target). I was afraid the product on the puffs would cause me to break out (because everything seems to make me break out), but it does not break me out at all. In fact, I've noticed clearer skin since I started using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, December 5, 2011
Judi (Lacey, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I just used this system for the first time, and to say that I am pleased is an understatement. I feel like I just got rid of 40 pounds of makeup. My skin has a glow to it that amazes me. My husband said that I look ten years younger. I can't wait to see how it looks in 8 weeks. Good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a believer!, December 6, 2011
I've been dealing with adult onset acne for the past few years and have been trying inexpensive "cures" with no results. A friend of mine suggested that I exfoliate more, so I was very excited to see this on a Cyber Week deal. I tried it for the first time last night and immediately noticed that my skin was softer, but it always feels softer after a good wash, so I didn't want to get my hopes up. This morning, however, my skin looks and feels noticeably softer. Where I could feel tons of small bumps before, I still feel them, but not as much. Yes, I still have plenty of pimples, but asking for them to be gone in one day is like asking for a miracle. I am very happy so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't seem to reduce sun spots for me, January 13, 2012
D. Chen (Berkeley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have been using this product for almost a month, although I wasn't entirely diligent with using it 3x/week during the entire process. I'm a male in my mid-20's and don't put on make-up, but I apply a moisturizer with SPF 15 on my face every morning since I am worried about sun spots (also referred to as "liver spots" or lentigo). The primary reason I purchased this product was its claim to reduce these sun spots (although the real reason I bought this was because I saw it on sale for the cyber monday promotion). Not only do I not see improvement with sun spots for myself, I don't believe Neutrogena's claims. They use the phrase "clinically proven" but I failed to find any links to publications from Neutrogena's product website. I suspect that the vast majority of the positive reviews are from the placebo effect. I'm giving this product two stars because:
a) I do notice it seems to act like a soap and my skin feels smooth immediately after (same as if you rubbed your face with soap and vigorously rubbed with a towel)
b) I actually got 3 of these because AMZN botched their inventory and gave me a display pack (the package was this giant box that was meant to be installed on the end of a store's shelves to display 3 units in an elegant cardboard stand-up display). I'll most likely give away the other 2 packages I got.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, December 31, 2012
Really works well, massages and exfoliates my dry skin without leaving it feeling stripped. This is a good product, I'm happy with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning system, September 27, 2012
Reader "dee8922" (Seattle, Washington) - See all my reviews
I think this is more a cleaning system than a micro derma system. It makes your face feel clean but doesn't get deep enough to make a significant difference in the surface texture or spots. It reminds me of the buff puff I used in my 20s. I get better results with mild peels.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, July 18, 2012
I got this product 2 days ago and used it once.The results are fantastic, my skin is glowing and so so soft.I used it with a natural skin polishing cream which I think made it work better.I believe it will keep my skin looking youthful. I an 42 and look 22 this product is helping to keep that up ,I still get carded at the bars.WORTH THE MONEY ANN REALLY REALLY WORKS WOW!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Face feels great!, May 20, 2012
I was not too sure about microdermabrasion but this little thing changed my mind. It did not hurt my face but gave it a good stimulating scrub. My face is so much smoother after one use and now after a month, it's brighter and feels so much more radiant. I definitely recommend this product. I also switchedto the neutropenia anti wrinkle products from Avon Anew as well. It's all working great together. Spots are fading and wrinkles are much less noticeable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed on the first try, January 1, 2012
I bought this kit and tried it out for the first time today. My skin feels just as soft as it did the last time i got a european facial at a day spa. I have very large pores on my nose, and the esthetician had suggested I try microdermabrasion to help minimize the look. While they are still visible, they are much less noticible. Can't wait to see how it looks after 8 weeks!

Rate and Discover Movies