Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on February 10, 2011
First of all, the pink grapefruit scent is awesome.

And, used properly as an anti-acne cleanser, it works great. Used improperly, it can lead to dryness and increased breakouts.

Acne is caused by the bacteria that builds up when trapped oil and skin cells accumulate under clogged pores. To treat acne, you must clear those pores and eliminate bacteria. Salicylic acid-containing products slough off cells from the top layer of the skin, helping you keep your pores clear. With all those dead cells cleared away, however, you're also thinning out your body's natural barrier against bacteria.

The trick is, you need to wash away dirt and make use of the gentle exfoliation the salicylic acid allows, without taking so much off that you're weakening the skin's ability to protect. For my skin, one full pump is way too much, I use about a 1/3rd of a pump and dilute with some water before using.

You only get so far with just a cleanser. To really treat problem acne, you also need to treat bacteria using a benzoyl peroxide treatment, and protect everything with a moisturizer. As with salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide if overused can irritate the skin causing more harm than good, so it should be applied sparingly. It helps to use a low-concentration formula like the 2.5% Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce (21 g). All that acid and peroxide on your skin is going to leave it vulnerable, so you should finish it all off with a protective moisturizer. The best will probably be a simple cream such as the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, Fragrance Free - 16 oz. You don't want all sorts of exotic ingredients that your skin might be allergic to, and medicated lotions are often overkill.

Lastly, don't touch your face and change the pillow covers regularly!
on May 23, 2015
I didn't buy this on amazon, I bought it at Walgreens. But I felt like writing a review on here so people can know! Throughout my teenage years, I've had oily skin and a pimple or two, I never thought I'd have acne. But 4 months ago (17 y/o), I started to break out with mild oily acne and it's been distressing me for awhile. I won't wear any foundation or powder anymore, and I'd been washing my face twice a day with soap. Nothing was working. I bought this facial cleanser & the moisturizer at the store for $6.50 each at the store. Since then my face has already shown improvement. I'm so happy with this product and I hope my face gets more clearer!
on May 2, 2015
I keep my skincare regimen fairly simple because my skin is sensitive and doesn't always react well when I add new "fancy" products. I have been using this face wash for years and years and it is one of just two products that I use twice a day everyday for my face. It smells delicious (I love pink grapefruit!) and it truly leaves my face feeling soft and super clean.
on November 2, 2015
I'm usually very critical of what I choose to buy. I bought this item at a store so not on Amazon. I have oily AND sensitive skin, and it's also acne-prone. I do look at the critical reviews. ALWAYS. And I get very skeptical when I see many critical reviews.

Now, I know this item is definitely not for everyone, that's why it says OIL-FREE and ACNE WASH, which means it's especially for skin that is oily and acne-prone. I see many critical reviews that say their skin dries out by using this cleanser. That's most likely because your skin is dry, and this cleanser actually removes the excess oil from oily skin, and it removes THE oil from dry skin. I would recommend this item for people who have OILY skin and acne-prone/sensitive skin. NOT dry skin, because it may become flakey - it does absorb the oil.

My experience with this product has been amazing so far. I've been using this since January 2015 (it's November 2015 now). It's the best cleanser I've had, it does not make my skin dry out or become itchy. I have VERY oily skin so I wash 3 times a day with this product, and I apply toner and oil-free moisturizer afterwards, so I would suggest moisturizing every time after using this product so you don't feel your skin become a bit dry (not that dry, but almost all cleansers kind of make your skin feel weird but moisturizer fixes that).

So I know this product has a lot of critical and lot of good reviews, and I understand those who are skeptical about it. This is not for people with dry skin; it's mostly for oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin. So if you have dry skin do not expect this product to work- of course it will remove your oil and make your skin flakey. Why do you think it says "oil-free"?
on December 6, 2014
This product works very well to extract oil from pores, and also leaves a nice clean feeling and scent. I used to need to re-apply shower gel 2-3 times before feeling clean and now this is a nice addition to only one application of body soap in places that usually have an oily build up like the face, head, back. It's great that Amazon had a bulk pack at a better price even than buying in a discount dept store.
on April 26, 2016
I used this daily for about a year without seeing any results. Applying the cleanser definitely made my skin more dry. The grapefruit scent is nice and not too strong. I don't have particularly bad acne but I usually have at least a little bit. Since I've stopped using this product, it has neither improved nor gotten worse.
on February 5, 2016
Since I hit my late thirties I've started breaking out again, feels just like high school! So far, this face wash has worked the absolute best for me. For a while there I thought I was going to have to break down and go to a dermatologist but since I have been using this along with Thayers Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera, it seems to keep the breakouts fewer and farther between now. Also, the witch hazel has really evened out my skin tone!
on November 11, 2015
I don't know if it's really helped reduce my acne, but it does smell wonderful and I needed something to wash my face.
I loved the purchase as a pack of 3, i can put one by my sink, another in the shower, and another in the guest room.
on July 10, 2015
Great on my skin, Results is great. I won't give it a 5 yet. Let's see if reaction continues! Also it does not effect my eyes at all. The reason this is occurring with some buyers is their medications are not cohesive with the ingredients within soap. They should change to a different kind of soap like baby shampoo. I love it so far!
on September 28, 2015
After a bad breakout I experienced with makeup I never used before, this cleanser was one of the things that helped bring my face back to life. I've been using it for about a year already and its helped keep me break out free. It's been great clearing my blemishes also.

See 1 answered question