5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Sunscreen
Published on May 4, 2010 by S. Greer

3.0 out of 5 stars Non-greasy, but it goes on white
The stick goes on smoothly, and the product doesn't have a greasy feel. It does go on white, though, so it's visible on the skin after application.
Published on March 19, 2012 by Anna Banana

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Sunscreen, May 4, 2010
I am a dermatologist, and this is my favorite sunscreen. I have lupus and my husband is very fair, and this is the sunscreen we both use. I use it on my baby as well. It doesn't clog pores and there is essentially nothing allergenic in this sunscreen. Zinc Oxide and Titanium dioxide are inert minerals and don't cause rash. The only other sunscreen that works as well as this one is the 30 dollar skinceuticals version. I recommend it to all my patients. It's great. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for baby with sensitive skin - especially for her face, June 14, 2009
Katydid (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
My redheaded daughter has very, very fair, sensitive skin and, like me, I'm sure she'd get a sunburn in no time. But, she absolutely loves to be outdoors. So I wanted to find a sunscreen for her face that's quick and easy to get onto a squirming, impatient toddler, and which is oil-free, fragrance-free, and doesn't bother her skin.

There may be other products out there that would work just as well, but I don't need to look any further - this one is perfect! She can be in the full sun at midday for a couple of hours and with this quickly and easily rubbed on her face and the lotion version on exposed arms and legs, she doesn't get a bit of sunburn at all.

The tube is so small I can easily carry it in my pocket, and it's just the right consistency so that I can apply it and smooth it around in case I missed any spots in a matter of seconds, before she gets antsy and tries to squirm away. There's no scent at all, and it leaves no residue on my hands, or on clothing or anything else. It's absolutely not at all greasy, either. In short, I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this product for my kid., July 30, 2011
I'm pretty partial to neutrogena already, but I like this product a lot. The stick is easy to apply and because it tends to be a bit tackier than sunscreen that you just rub in, my toddler has yet to rub this one into her eyes. There is no scent and my daughter who has really senstive skin to different products has not problems with this one. The only minus which I don't mind is that you have to rub this product in pretty well otherwise you'll see the white where it was applied, but I typically just leave it since I pretty much use it when we go swimming/beach and want the heavier coverage (otherwise I use the eucerin 30 spf face lotion for everyday). I also love how the application stick is small and easily drops into my purse, pocket, whatever. It's a bit pricey but when I use this it doesn't wear off as easy as other sunscreens and she doesn't burn, so I'll pay for it. It's cheaper on amazon than the store.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT/GOES ON THICK, July 3, 2011
Glad to see more and more physical sunscreens available at the drugstore. Physical/mineral based sunscreens work for my sensitive skin while chemical based sunscreen gives me hives. Although it goes on pretty think and white, this sunscreen works well. I like the high SPF, the active ingredients are stronger than the competitors, but I think for every day use I prefer Aveeno Sun Natural Protection Sunblock with Mineral Block SPF 30 on my body and Neutrogena Pure and Free Liquid SPF 50 on my face under my make up.

The active ingredients are Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%)
Other physical/mineral based sunscreens can be pricey. I got this small 3oz tube at CVS for ~$13 in the winter but just saw it there on sale today for ~$7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sunblock, August 30, 2010
For our 4 year old daughter, who has sensitive skin and eczema, this has been great. I went through 6-7 different brands prior to this one and was informed by the pediatric dermatologist to not use chemical sunblocks. He suggested a sunblock with titanium dioxide. She used to flare on contact but has not since with this one. She used it daily prior to going to camp and swimming all summer. I did try several organic brands which fared no better (one even cost me over $20).

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this suncscreen, July 2, 2010
Christina Hollister (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This has worked really well for us when my son was a baby (post 6 months) to now (18 months). When we went to the pediatrician for my son's 18 month appointment, the pediatrician actually complimented me on my use of sunscreen. (perhaps a lot of kids had been coming in with sunburn?) My son still hasn't had any sunburn and we are outside daily. I also make sure he always wears a hat. He has mild eczema so I was particularly concerned with what I put on him. I'm now on the hunt for more as I haven't found it at a brick and mortar store.

If kids are getting sunburnt, I wonder if it had been applied every 2 hours and after going in the water? That's what my dermatologist suggested. AS for the reviews about rashes-I was really surprised to hear that since my son does have eczema. I do wish that it was easy online to see the sunscreen ingredients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sunscreen that I have used for my kid, July 19, 2010
I am a physician myself and I want to assure everyone. I have been using this product since my kid was 8 months old, (she is now 2 yrs old), I had no problems with it. This is the best sunscreen product I've tried for my kid. Easy to apply (not very tick as many others) and no rash, very good sunprotection.

1.0 out of 5 stars My toddler broke out in severe rash and pustules on his face, June 16, 2012
C. Bright (San Francisco, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I am glad to read another reviewer's kids had a similar reaction. I bought this because I like Neutrogena and thought a higher-end baby specific line would be good for my sons face. But within 3 hours he broke out in a severe rash on his cheeks and forehead, poor thing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Non-greasy, but it goes on white, March 19, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sunscreen for the whole family, December 26, 2011
Living in Florida applying sunscreen daily is a necessity. This product works well for the whole family. I initially chose it for the kids since it had physical sunscreen blockers instead of the chemical blockers found in so many other products. My daughter has sensitive skin, so I was very happy that it caused no reactions. I started using it daily under my makeup and my husband uses it when we are out on the water. It lasts several hours and does not sting his eyes when he is sweating. I order this on subscribe and save since it is the best sunscreen stick around!

Rate and Discover Movies