5.0 out of 5 stars If I could give it more stars, I would
I can't say enough good things about this product.

Published on July 26, 2012 by Ivy's Mom

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!
I've been using this nightly (with just a few exceptions) for over 3 weeks and noticed dry areas on the side of my nose a week ago. Today, I noticed my whole face is peeling and when I put anything on it, its excruciating! I don't know if this product lives up to any claims or not - I can't continue using it. I've used the day product with no problems for months.
Published 19 months ago by Diane

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could give it more stars, I would, July 26, 2012
This review is from: Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Moisturizer Night, 1 Ounce (Misc.)
I can't say enough good things about this product.

I have serious "problem" skin. Oily acne ridden "t zone". Seborheaic dermatitis in my eyebrows and nasal creases. rosacea on my nose and cheeks. Acne scarring. I'm also 34 and starting to get a few lines, most notably on my brow where I'm getting "Furrow" lines. You get the picture and it isn't a pretty one, lol.

I have tried a lot of perscription medications like retin-a and tetracyclene. I have also try otc topicals like proactiv, benzol peroxide, salicylic acid. Lots of brands, lots of formulations... These things either had no effect or made things worse by way of irritating and reddening or even burning my skin.

Then, for some reason, I bought this.

After just a week I can see a visibile reduction in redness, my scars are less noticable and there is nary a zit to be found. I'm serious, while it's not perfect, I'm positive my skin hasn't looked this good since I was 8. I havne't noticed a difference in the lines, yet. However I am completely ecstatic that this "tone repair" moisturizer seems to ACTUALLY repair tone (my skin tone is more even and less red) and actually help my skins general condition and reduce acne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle worker!, September 12, 2012
I was a little bit skeptical that this product could live up to the claims on the box, but it really does! I have only been using it for a week and there is already a visible difference in my skin. I had gotten a lot of small, blotchy sunspots from the California sun and they are completely gone or barely noticeable now. Not only that, but it cleared up any acne! The warnings say you may experience redness and some peeling at first, but I never did. If it works this well in only a week, I can only imagine what it will accomplish in a month!

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never, EVER stop using this product!!!, March 28, 2013
Amazon Customer (Glenwood, IL, US) - See all my reviews
I read the reviews and was very hopeful this would work. I noticed a difference the VERY FIRST DAY - and after almost two weeks, my skin has never looked better in my life! I am a 48 yr Black woman who's had acne since I was 15. Not only has this faded acne scars, but I've had absolutely ZERO irritation, redness or breakouts from this. (It even helped heal a zit that was starting!) I think the magic is in the vitamin C because I already use the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair with sa/retinol (I have no wrinkles - I was only using it proactively and only 2-3 times a week. I'm only half done w/my first bottle ( I use it every night & sometimes during the day), but I'm back ordering my 2nd bottle because I don't EVER want to be without this product now that I've discovered it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!', August 10, 2013
This is the first review I have ever written! I HAD to!!! I burned my face last summer after a day at the beach and for a year have been trying to find anything to lighten up the big dark blotches on my forehead and checks!!! This is it!! After just one week i can see a huge difference!!! I would say try it!! You can't go wrong!

4.0 out of 5 stars God Stuff!, June 13, 2014
I've been using the day and night versions for about 6 months now. First of all, I didn't expect this cream (and I wouldn't expect any cream) alone to make a huge noticeable difference on my skin. It's just not a realistic expectation. I see some reviews saying they were disappointed and I understand but I believe one needs to eat healthy, exercise, do routine facials and take care of his/her skin with good cleansers and other supplements to make the best out of it rather than just depending on one small bottle. My reason for using this cream was to do my due diligence and know that I'm taking care of my skin and not just giving up on my skin.

It has made some difference on my skin as I had some parts on my face where I could see pores were larger and now they are not so noticeable. Also maybe 15-20 reduced/less visible lines but I'm 37 so I didn't have too many deep lines. I didn't' have too many dark spots but a few light small ones and they have reduced. I think my skin looks also smoother and silkier now compared to before but again, I'm not saying it completely changed my skin.

The pice should not affect the rating of tis product on Amazon because there are so many different prices on same products from different sellers as well as in stores. I have purchased this same cream as low as $12.00 and as high as $25.00 per bottle from afferent brick and mortar stores as well as online stores.

Overall I think this cream serves it's purpose and does what it's intended to do. I know that Neutrogena is one of the top brands so I feel more confident using a well known brand compared to something new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a while, but I love it!, June 11, 2013
Don't expect miracles after a week of use...you will be disappointed. I have been using for about 2 months now, every evening. I initially saw a reduction in the size of my pores after a few weeks use...great! I was very surprised that after about 4 - 6 weeks use, there has been a significant reduction in the red acne scars. I have to preface this by saying I had maybe 2 or 3 scars from an adult acne breakout (yeah, zits in my 30s...I thought those days were over?) in the last year or so. They weren't terribly bad, but they were noticeable. After using this, they are almost gone...I was surprised. I will continue to use this product for the above reasons.

I had minimal tingling in the beginning of use. I never had dry or peeling skin. I did not feel the product was too greasy, and it has a pleasant scent. Remember, a little goes a long way!

5.0 out of 5 stars This moisturizer is definitely the best for me, July 31, 2014
This moisturizer is definitely the best for me. My skin looks more even and healthier after just 1 week of using it. Dark patches caused by sun damage didn't disappear but they are certainly much lighter and less visible then before . I have less fine lines and miraculously this cream moisturises my skin without causing spots and breakouts ! I would also say that I much prefer the night version compared to the day moisturizer with sunscreen . Certainly recommend it

4.0 out of 5 stars Neutrogena rapid tone repair, September 16, 2013
This product does what it claims to do--evens your skin tone noticeably. I use it at night every other day & it made a difference right away. My skin looks smoother, younger, more even. I strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This in combination with another product worked on my face discoloration, September 3, 2014
I have been using two different products on my face most nights (maybe 5 out of 7) for about 6 months. I start with this Neutrogena product and only use it on my forehead. Then I use Vichy Liftactive Retinol HA night over my entire face. I'm on my 2nd bottle of Neutrogena (which I only use on my forehead and down the sides of my face) and my 3rd of the Vichy (which I use on my entire face). And yes - this is not a cheap process. My reason for this is I'm 60+ and getting serious age/sun spots on my forehead that are getting so bad they are actually showing up in photographs and are very noticeable and embarrassing. I am also (finally) using a good sunscreen on my face when I know I'm going outside or will be driving. This (large) area of discoloration is on my left/driving side of my face. About 2-3 months ago I realized my "dark area" had really decreased A LOT. It is still there - but at least 50% better and does not jump out at me anymore. I'm not sure if it will lighten any more and I really don't know which product improved this area on my forehead. Or if the combination of both of them worked. Anyway - something worked so I'm not changing my routine now. I think I'm going to start this routine on my hands which are covered with small spots (and wrinkles). By the way - I've probably researched dozens of age spot products and it seems most of them do NOT appear to work. So I don't know why this combination worked for me - but it did. And finally - I personally did not notice any redness or any other issues using two products.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, May 25, 2013