Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Moisturizer Night, 1 Ounce
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on July 26, 2012
I can't say enough good things about this product.

I have serious "problem" skin. Oily acne ridden "t zone". Seborheaic dermatitis in my eyebrows and nasal creases. rosacea on my nose and cheeks. Acne scarring. I'm also 34 and starting to get a few lines, most notably on my brow where I'm getting "Furrow" lines. You get the picture and it isn't a pretty one, lol.

I have tried a lot of perscription medications like retin-a and tetracyclene. I have also try otc topicals like proactiv, benzol peroxide, salicylic acid. Lots of brands, lots of formulations... These things either had no effect or made things worse by way of irritating and reddening or even burning my skin.

Then, for some reason, I bought this.

After just a week I can see a visibile reduction in redness, my scars are less noticable and there is nary a zit to be found. I'm serious, while it's not perfect, I'm positive my skin hasn't looked this good since I was 8. I havne't noticed a difference in the lines, yet. However I am completely ecstatic that this "tone repair" moisturizer seems to ACTUALLY repair tone (my skin tone is more even and less red) and actually help my skins general condition and reduce acne.
55 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2013
This is the first review I have ever written! I HAD to!!! I burned my face last summer after a day at the beach and for a year have been trying to find anything to lighten up the big dark blotches on my forehead and checks!!! This is it!! After just one week i can see a huge difference!!! I would say try it!! You can't go wrong!
on March 28, 2013
I read the reviews and was very hopeful this would work. I noticed a difference the VERY FIRST DAY - and after almost two weeks, my skin has never looked better in my life! I am a 48 yr Black woman who's had acne since I was 15. Not only has this faded acne scars, but I've had absolutely ZERO irritation, redness or breakouts from this. (It even helped heal a zit that was starting!) I think the magic is in the vitamin C because I already use the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair with sa/retinol (I have no wrinkles - I was only using it proactively and only 2-3 times a week. I'm only half done w/my first bottle ( I use it every night & sometimes during the day), but I'm back ordering my 2nd bottle because I don't EVER want to be without this product now that I've discovered it.
11 comment|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2013
Don't expect miracles after a week of use...you will be disappointed. I have been using for about 2 months now, every evening. I initially saw a reduction in the size of my pores after a few weeks use...great! I was very surprised that after about 4 - 6 weeks use, there has been a significant reduction in the red acne scars. I have to preface this by saying I had maybe 2 or 3 scars from an adult acne breakout (yeah, zits in my 30s...I thought those days were over?) in the last year or so. They weren't terribly bad, but they were noticeable. After using this, they are almost gone...I was surprised. I will continue to use this product for the above reasons.

I had minimal tingling in the beginning of use. I never had dry or peeling skin. I did not feel the product was too greasy, and it has a pleasant scent. Remember, a little goes a long way!
on March 17, 2014
This stuff works, I love it. The first couple of days your skin does peel and the smell is a bit strong, but after a week your skin looks amazing. I have never used a face lotion that made my skin look this good. I'm 38 and now starting to experiment with several face creams, night lotions, eye balms... this one is a keeper for me. Fast results.
on November 13, 2014
I have been using Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Moisturizer Night for about a week and yes, I do notice a positive difference. Since it is a moisturizer, you get the advantage of softer skin and the lessening of some finer age lines and wrinkles. My skin is noticeably brighter and more even toned. Another change that was immediate was the apparent decrease in the size of my pores. Generally it makes you look healthy and radiant. I promise I am not trying to be dramatic, it actually does make you look better and healthy. If I can notice a difference already, I imagine it will only continue improving. I specifically chose the “Night” version because [I have no way of confirming this as it’s a trade secret] the nighttime version of these types of lotions generally have a higher concentration of retinol. The retinol and vitamin C are the active ingredients in this lotion. I only experienced a slight reddening of my skin the first day I used it. This is a sign the retinol is working. Since then, I have had no negative effects. I plan to continue using this product. In fact, I’ve already ordered my next bottle. Not only is the price more than reasonable, it’s also a moisturizer. Therefore, I only have to use one product… saving even more. Considering the price and the benefits of this product compared to some department store brands, this is the absolute winner. In my humble opinion this is an excellent product that does what it says it will do and you don’t have to liquidate your 401K to afford it. Please remember this is only one person’s opinion and your mileage may vary. However, since it works for me, I’m pretty sure it will work for most people and I’m sure a company such as Neutrogena would stand behind their product.
on September 12, 2012
I was a little bit skeptical that this product could live up to the claims on the box, but it really does! I have only been using it for a week and there is already a visible difference in my skin. I had gotten a lot of small, blotchy sunspots from the California sun and they are completely gone or barely noticeable now. Not only that, but it cleared up any acne! The warnings say you may experience redness and some peeling at first, but I never did. If it works this well in only a week, I can only imagine what it will accomplish in a month!
My skin is aging, I have some brown spots and lines. I don't expect miracles, but do want improvement in my skin.
This Rapid Tone Night Moisturizer has an accelerated Retinol SA which is a unique combination of Retinol SA, Glucose Complex and Hyaluronic Acid brought together, along with Vitamin C. This is a very unusual formula and to find retinol SA and Hyaluronic acid together with vitamin C is unheard of. These formulas work to help provide increased clarity and brighter skin.

The info from Neutrogena tells us we'd will see results in one week. I didn't see much difference for at least a month. I did find this product did help to nourish and hydrate my skin. This is a light moisturizer, and if you have dry skin it may not be enough for you. The scent is clean and light. Heavily scented moisturizers really offend my senses, and this scent is just right.

With the retinol and hyaluronic acid you might expect red and irritated skin. It may flake and that might be expected for the first couple of days to a week. It you continue to notice irritation,stop using it, it may be the combination of both ingredients that affect you. Try another brand and use judiciously. I have used retinol SA and hyaluronic acid products, so this product is perfect for me. With consistent use, I noticed improved smoother overall tone, diminished redness, and diminished look of fine lines. There is a more even tone and some fading of brown spots. The consistency of the night moisturizer is a little light for me, but it does seem to be effective. It may be the heavier night creams I have been using are not as effective.

I would recommend using this product for at least a month before making any judgements about the effectiveness. This is very affordable for the amount and quality of ingredients, you can't go wrong.

Recommended. prisrob 03-13-14
on January 23, 2016
This is an excellent product that feels great on the skin and really does work to subdue changes in skin tone or minor scarring. I have battled the evidence of on again/off again rosacea as well as some mild blemishes from sun damage. This product has really helped dial back the imperfections and my entire face has taken on a smoother, "cleaner" appearance. It does have an interesting scent that I actually think I like but it is a little bit stronger than other products I have tried. It feels very good after applying to the skin. I tried similar products and noticed no real change to my complexion but this one really stands out as a winner. I will continue to purchase it based on the results. I am finding the combination of this and Neutrogena Men Age Fighter Face Moisturizer with Sunscreen, 1.4 Ounce to be a great asset in battling back from years of difficulty with my skin.
on April 15, 2016
I don't write many reviews. If I do, it's usually out of disappointment. Not this time. Wow this product really, really works. I had to look back at my order date, it's been one month almost exactly since I received it. I wish I found this year's ago, the difference is night and day. I'm amazed.