4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for helping reduce your wrinkles BUT -
Published 13 months ago by Alex Mason

2.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't "Rapidly Reduced" My Wrinkles
Published on March 4, 2012 by Jenna of the Jungle

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for helping reduce your wrinkles BUT -, August 14, 2013
This review is from: Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair, SPF 30, 1 Ounce (Misc.)
My dermatologist recommended this because I kept bugging him about getting rid of wrinkles. He told me that this was a good product and less harsh than others. He said these type products work by turning your skin cells over more rapidly (that's what the retinol does) and the hydraulic acid helps your skin retain more moisture, so your skin plumps up. That's how they work, and this is one of the best products out there (I've tried a number of others). I've had great results from this BUT - my dermatologist told me I need to include in my routine a good cleansing product, one that will get rid of all the dead cells (since the skin cells are turning over more rapidly). When I added a mask/cleanser/cleansing brush (I've used a variety and they all helped my skin), I saw better results, I guess because I was clearing away debris from the new skin. My face was brighter and my skin was softer (in texture) and firmer. He also told me that the Nutrogena would work well to encourage skin turnover, but in order for you to get younger healthy skin to reappear, you need to have the building blocks available to build new skin - vitamins, fatty acids, amino acids, etc. Back to my research. I found Bel Essence All-Natural Anti-Wrinkle Treatment - Intensive Anti Aging, Facial Lift Skin Care Formula - 1.5oz which is all natural, and is made of plant oils that contain most of the building blocks for skin. I started using this with the Nutrogena and my variety of cleansers, and THAT'S when I saw amazing results. And permanent results. My skin is completely different. The caverns on my forehead are gone, with only slight lines that I can easily cover up with make up, no crow's feet, my upper lip wrinkles almost completely gone, again, good makeup and you don't see them. My skin is softer than my daughter's and much brighter and firmer. To sum up - Nutrogena is always in my medicine cabinet, I use different cleansers (jury is still out on which works the best), and I use the Bel Essence every day morning and night. You won't start to see serious results for at least a month (per the doc, skin regenerates every 28 days), but after 6 months of this routine, I have never looked better. Super happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars true story., September 10, 2012
I have been using this product for two months at a remote arctic work camp, applying to my face and neck once each evening. I would describe the scent as pleasant, and an excellent cover-up for diesel odors. Last week a 17 year old siberian yupik boy at the nearby fishcamp offered me a baleen ring as a token of his affections. His family tried to tell him I was 30, but he insisted that I wasn't any older than 22, and that he was "old enough".

This week has involved a lot of uncomfortable cougar jokes and awkward eye contact.
Thanks Neutrogena!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hasn't "Rapidly Reduced" My Wrinkles, March 4, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The product's packaging makes a bold claim: it says that 100 percent of users saw an immediate improvement in their skin. I have no idea what kind of study that was, or whether all of the users were the company's employees, or whether they offered a new car to everyone in the study for saying yes, but, look, there is no cream or serum on the market that will make 100 percent of people see an immediate improvement.

I went with the premise of their other claim: that you'll see a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles in one week. After one I week, I see no reduction at all.

Two stars because I do like the way it feels going on and the the scent is very light and pleasant. I get migraines easily with scented products and this one hasn't affected me that way. It feels cool going on and I'll continue to use it just in the hopes that it'll make more of a difference over time, or that it will help in a preventive sense even if it doesn't make existing fine lines any better.

It does dry quickly and isn't at all greasy, so it's good to use under makeup. I just wish that, for once, a product would live up to its claims and we could all have higher standards. The only way this product should get 4 or 5 stars is if the user actually does see "immediate improvement" and a reduction in wrinkles and/or fine lines... yet we are lenient with reviews in products in this category because we all know that none of them live up to the hype, so we lower our expectations and judge them accordingly.

Update several months later: I finished most of the tube. It made no difference whatsoever.

3.0 out of 5 stars Moisturizes well, but I didn't see any anti-wrinkling results, March 29, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this product free from the Amazon Vine program in return for writing a review about it.

I'm 48 and have dry skin on my face and body, but not very many wrinkles. I've been religious about moisturizing and using sunscreen since I was in my early 30s, and I credit that for my skin being in good shape. The one other anti-aging product I tried - An Olay Regenerist product - gave me an allergic reaction, so I've stuck to Olay Intensive Nourishing Night Cream since then. My only real experience with Neutrogena products has been their facial cleanser and their Sesame body oil after showers.

I've used this product nightly for 10 days now, and while I do like it as a moisturizer I haven't seen any reduction in wrinkles (the main one I'd like to see minimized is between my eyebrows) or improvement in my skin's appearance. I like that it is somewhat heavy and soaks in nicely. I didn't notice much if any of the fragrance that other reviewers have disliked. I like that it comes in a glass bottle and has a top that locks closed.

But as a wrinkle repair cream I have to give it three stars. The formulation contains a very weak solution of Retinol, but it's not enough to have the same effects as Rx Retin-A or other similar products. Maybe after using it for months it will help more, who knows.

I'll continue using this product until the bottle is empty, and then I'll go back to my time-tested Olay night cream.

ETA: I've now used this product for a month, and my opinion of it remains unchanged. I like the moisturizing effects of this product, but I haven't seen any change at all in wrinkles, skin texture or brightness.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING PRODUCT, July 13, 2012
I am 22 but I live in a dry climate.

Here are the details about my skin:
Caucasian. Light skin. Though I'm inside most of the time, I don't burn easily.
Oily in the T zone.
In my teens I had one or two blemishes ALL the time. Nothing severe.
Now I use the Neutrogena exfoliating gel cleanser at night and in the morning... I still break out during that time of the month.

In the last 2 years my skin has gone down hill... Not in breakouts... It just got dull and I started getting forehead wrinkles. This cream fell into my hands and I LOVE it! I've used it for a week and my wrinkles are faded. My skin glows. Literally... it glows. I didn't have a negative reaction to the cream and I plan to keep using it. LOVE THIS STUFF.

4.0 out of 5 stars Realistic Expectations, March 27, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't expect miraculous results and I didn't get any. But, I do believe that my skin looked fresher and it seemed as if my wrinkles were indeed less pronounced. This is not the fountain of youth, but it may really help to some degree. Have realistic expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Visible results, March 11, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was going to finish the entire tube of this serum before I wrote a review, but I'm so impressed with the results that I felt compelled to share my thoughts right away. I'm 37 years old and I have some laugh lines around my eyes and a couple of deep creases on my forehead due to foolish sun exposure in my younger years. I didn't have high expectations for this product because I'm always disappointed by the MANY eye creams that I continue to try. I haven't even liked a cream since (the now discontinued) Line Eraser by L'Oreal. However, after only 3 weeks of using this everyday, I have noticed a big difference around my eyes. While the lines are not completely gone, they are much softer and less noticeable. I do have very sensitive skin and during the first week of use, I did experience some tingling by my eyes, but it stopped after the first week. I'm so impressed and pleased with this cream and I'm very excited to see the results after longterm use. I definitely recommend this!

1.0 out of 5 stars Zero improvement after 6 weeks, November 11, 2011
I purchased this cream because of all the great reviews and am totally disappointed. I have been using it now for over 6 weeks, faithfully. I apply it at least once a day, sometimes morning and night. Most of the time, I apply it at night so it will stay on for several hours without being disturbed. However, I have seen not the slightest bit of improvement in even my finest wrinkles. I am 38 years old, so it's not like I'm 80 and expecting miracles. This product didn't plump or moisturize my skin, and sometimes it actually looked worse~by that I mean dryer and the wrinkles more pronounced. I actually had much better results by just applying Oil of Olay Night Time Firming Cream around my eyes.

1.0 out of 5 stars A lot of Side Effects & Minimal Results, April 7, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Neutrogena claims that there will be "visible results in just one week".

The only results that I saw within one week were ALL of the side effects posted on the side of the box:
1) mild redness: my skin is light, so the redness was visible & I had to wear darker foundation to cover up the redness;
2) warm, tingling sensation: my skin felt like it was badly sunburned & was very sensitive to touch for about 3 days;
3) flaking: skin felt dry & flaked just as warned (I doubled up on my daily moisturizer).

The redness, sensitive skin & flaking did subside after 3 days (I went to every other night per the instructions). I've been using the product for over 2 weeks & see a bit of softening of my laugh lines in the morning, but the laugh lines return by the end of the day. Small wrinkles around the eyes and forehead creases haven't changed at all.

Impressions:
The bottle is a nice looking bottle, but is tall and is deceptive in the amount of product that it contains (there is only 1oz of product & the bottle looks like it holds much more). Also, the bottle is a solid color, so it is impossible to tell how much or how little product is left in the bottle.

There are 31 ingredients in the bottle & Retinol is ingredient #27. Water is the #1 ingredient.

This product did not work for me. I am disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Throw everything else away!, July 12, 2011
Love this stuff. I've also bought the day cream with sunscreen and the eye cream. Thoses 3 products are all I need. My skin is firmer - especially my neck. No more "Turkey Neck"!!Highly recommend!

Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair, SPF 30, 1  Ounce