5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Application, Great Sun Protection
The spray application of Neutrogena's popular Ultimate Sport Sunblock is an excellent addition to your sun protection arsenal.

Published on June 26, 2010 by G. T. Olson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for sensitive skin
Please do not use this sunblock if your skin is even remotely sensitive. I purchased this because Neutrogena products typically work well on my somewhat sensitive skin. I put this on and within one hour had a horrible rash all over my face, neck, and chest. I have never experienced anything so awful. I stopped using it and (2 days later) the rash is still pretty bad.
Published on March 27, 2012 by foxyroxy

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Application, Great Sun Protection, June 26, 2010
This review is from: Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Sunblock Spray,SPF 70+, 5 ounce (Misc.)

First off, a few notes on usage. We use this on arms, legs, fronts and backs. It's ease of application assures we don't miss spots that rub on creams often do. We still like to actually rub it on to the skin though as it's easy for it to accumulate on the surface or on body hair, and rubbing it in after spraying assures an even application. Also, don't use this on the face or in poorly ventilated areas, you probably don't want to inhale all the organic compounds in this or any other sunscreen. Finally, this sunscreen has oxybenzone in it which can cause skin sensitivity in some folks. (There are other concerns about this class of organics for sunscreen use, but they are generally significantly safer that sunburns and skin cancers.) So in the end, this product doesn't preclude cream based sunscreens, especially for the face, but application is a lot more complete and easier for the trunk and limbs.

Results with this sunscreen have been great for us. When applied evenly (and reapplied every two to three hours when in the sun) we have not gotten burned once. It has no unpleasant odors and isn't greasy once it has dried, which takes about two minutes in our dry climate. We buy it in bulk from amazon and save a lot over the drugstore prices. We always keep a can on hand for outside activities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, March 22, 2010
Michael Bigger (Cold Spring Harbor, NY United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I kiteboard for hours at a time. I have been using the 70 Neutrogena for a year now and it works. I waste no time getting on the water since spraying is much faster than spreading a sunscreen. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, May 22, 2012
I have tried many different sunscreens. This sunscreen provides great protection for hours. It doesn't leave an oily residue. Neither does it leave a white film like many other sunscreens do. I will continue to use it for the days when I spend hours in the sun.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for sensitive skin, March 27, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars A good sunblock for those with bad skin, June 1, 2012
I ended up purchasing this for my niece out of fear that regular sunblock would clog her pores and I'm rather pleased with this. (I got this on the last day of her visit with us even though the previous sunblock showed no signs of messing with her skin.) This didn't have much of a scent that I could detect, which will probably be a selling point for some. I like a little scent with my sunscreen, but whatever scent this had ended up fading away rather quickly. The spray bottle makes it easy to apply, which was nice. I fell in love with spray bottles after using another sunblock product, so that this came in spray bottle form was a big factor for me.

As far as sunblock goes, it did its job for the most part. I was out in direct sun in very hot and humid weather, so I ended up applying it more than I might have otherwise done. I ended up with no sunburn, nor did any of my other family members. All of us applied this to our faces, with none of us having any new acne appear. (So if you're wondering if you could use this on your face in a pinch, you can.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stops Texas Sun (not oily), June 21, 2013
LD (EDINBURG, TEXAS, US) - See all my reviews
I have had 18 skin cancers removed just from my head and face. (total count is over 50) I still live and love the Texas Sun particularly down in our Rio Grande Valley where we own a pad in an RV resort.

I can use this in the pool and it is a quick and gentle rup in liquid that is not greasy, oily, and will not leave my face looking like my wifes night cream. It just disapears, is waterproof (I play water volley ball 4 days a week) I also play tennis 5 times a week and the effectivness will not sweat off.

It is fantastic for "Sport" as the name says but if you want a non-icky high protection this is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent product, April 1, 2013
It does what it is supposed to do. Sun protection for all over without being sticky! I use it daily.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, December 7, 2012
doesn't last too long for the price, but easy to use and good protection for UVA and UVB alike.- I recommend it

3.0 out of 5 stars this is a convenient way to protect yourself., June 10, 2013
i received my order promptly, and that is why i use amazon.
the product is very easy to use; yet i wish i could spray it on my face: only, don't do that because the fumes are a bit noxious (like hairspray) so hold your breath.
it makes your skin attractively shiny; and protects you from summer's most direct sun: so you can enjoy more without getting burned.
i have tried this product extensively (before making this recommendation) and will use it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mom in Northern NJ, August 6, 2012
Great product. Have tried other sunscreen/sunblock sprays and others tend to spray too wet. This sprays evenly without being too wet and protects against the sun very well. My two kids use it during swim team practice and never seem to burn. I use it too and don't seem to burn. I also spray it on my scalp (on my part) because otherwise I would burn there too. Even though the once size is smaller than some competing brands, the bottle seems to last longer because it sprays so evenly. Higly recommended!

Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Sunblock Spray,SPF 70+, 5 ounce
$12.08
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.