5.0 out of 5 stars The Suspense Never Backed Down!
Published on March 13, 2012 by Bkworm Bren

3.0 out of 5 stars Distracted by Editing Errors
Whoever prepared this Kindle edition did NOT do any editing. I was distracted by the sheer number of typos, repeated phrases, and things a first-year editor should have caught. The story was interesting, but my enjoyment of it was lessened because of the sloppy editing.
Published on September 1, 2011 by Susan Jarrell

3.0 out of 5 stars Distracted by Editing Errors, September 1, 2011
Susan Jarrell (Carolina Shores, NC) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, for the price, May 24, 2011
This review is from: Never Back Down (A Thriller) (Kindle Edition)
I certainly can't complain about the price, and the book was certainly enjoyable, if a little predictable in spots.

It needs a good proofreading, though. There are inconsistencies in the details (e.g., a character referred to as a "grandson" in one paragraph, and a "son" two paragraphs later), repeated sentences (where one of them was clearly intended to be removed), inconsistent Kindle formatting, and various misspellings and typographical errors. While these niggling issues don't affect the story, they are repeatedly jarring, like reading a blog the author didn't bother to proofread.

That said, the book was a fun read, and I'd certainly be willing to try other books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Suspense Never Backed Down!, March 13, 2012
This review is from: Never Back Down (A Thriller) (Kindle Edition)
This book was full of non-stop action and very few (if any) dull moments! I really liked Dr. John Coburn ---- how could I not like a handsome doctor who travels the world doing humanitarian work??!! Being at the wrong place at the wrong time and seeing the wrong person has John running for his life. There are some bad guys and tough cops, but the author doesn't feel the need to prove their "badness" by dropping the F-bomb 29 time in a sentence! I appreciated the fact that the book didn't contain the usual gratuitous sex and language (although there is plenty of violence). I usually don't stop reading a book because of bad language, but sometime I feel it is overdone (especially in a thriller)and that was not the case here! I highly recommend this book----it was a very enjoyable read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent writing and editing., June 26, 2011
This review is from: Never Back Down (A Thriller) (Kindle Edition)
I had high hopes for this book when I first started reading it, but they were dashed by inconsistent writing (particularly the dialogue) and seemingly non-existent editing, which made for a frustrating read...not to mention, the main character is pretty much a caricature. It was okay for the price, but I won't waste my time on this author again unless I get really desperate.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Ending That Never Happened..., May 13, 2012
This review is from: Never Back Down (A Thriller) (Kindle Edition)
This was a great read until I got to the ending or rather the no ending ending. Basically you've got this great book with all this build up and then no resolutions or explanations of any kind at the end. Just some rush job because the author apparently ran out of steam. Very disappointed. Glad I got this as a daily freebie and didn't spend any money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: the five star reviews seem to be written by the same person, February 16, 2012
This review is from: Never Back Down (A Thriller) (Kindle Edition)
Check out their previous reviews...they are all the same profile. If you decide to read this book, look at the honest reviews by those who are independently reading and reviewing the book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disjointed, Often Senseless, December 31, 2012
anotherbibliophile (High Sierra Desert United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Never Back Down (A Thriller) (Kindle Edition)
This was very clumsily written. It has very poor phrasing, a disjointed plot, and descriptions are sadly lacking in style or value. It has patchy, sudden scene changes that don't make sense. There is some gory content. The author adds plot elements suddenly, for no apparent reason. Situations resolve themselves too conveniently. I hated the really poor proofreading. It was also impossible to find any chapters or find my place to go back to reading - - the table of contents was missing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Calling for an editor, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Never Back Down (A Thriller) (Kindle Edition)
I am fairly tolerant when it comes editing. An occasional misspelled, wrong word or bad grammar does disturb my reading experience. However confusing characters is inexcusable. I only read 1-2 chapters and gave up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, July 29, 2012
Newman (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Never Back Down (A Thriller) (Kindle Edition)
This book was awful. It had absolutely no ending. Why did Smith go from Ripley to Smith? What was the story behind it? Why was Heather killed? What happened between Heather's sister, and Cobern? This book just ended. I am sorry I wasted my time reading it. Again, awful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not horrible, but not realistic, February 6, 2012
This review is from: Never Back Down (A Thriller) (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book because I was looking for something to read during down time. I found it to be an okay read for entertainment purposes, but also found it to be very unrealistic. I dont find it believable that a female would go on a cross country trip with someone she just met (literally, hours before), or that a suspect would be allowed in a room of a crime scene. Also that some unemployed doctor could outsmart the people he did (without giving anything away). The blurb I read before I bought the book made it seem like a really good thriller, which was not what I found it to be. I found myself checking the percentage on my Kindle to see how much I had left to go before I was done. The only reason I kept reading was because I had actually purchased the book, and didn't want to waste the $3.00 I spent on the book (yes, I'm cheap!). Instead I feel like I wasted my time.

Never Back Down (A Thriller)
Never Back Down (A Thriller) by William Casey Moreton