5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Read it and save your LIFE!
Published on January 22, 2009 by Patricia Priam

1.0 out of 5 stars very little new information, a lot of scare tactis
This book is mostly fear based rambling designed to scare you into eating better with little to no new information presented. The whole book could be condensed: 1-eat no sugar, dairy, "bad" oils, or white flour 2-eat very little meat 3-eat lots of vegetables and whole grains 4-excersize 5-take vitamin supplements 6-work on your mind body connection 7-there...
Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! Read it and save your LIFE!, January 22, 2009
This review is from: Never Be Fat Again: The 6-Week Cellular Solution to Permanently Break the Fat Cycle (Paperback)
You do not have to become a vegetarian with this book just an informed meat eater. Fruits and vegetables should be eaten in abundance and meat sparingly. This advice is even in the bible...duh..He is just suggesting that you eat less of it and change the type you eat. If you have EVER eaten organic meat, you will NEVER go back...The taste of the milk and meat is 1000% better it is almost unrecognizable from the supermarket CRAP! Just eat smart and avoid the big 4. Sugar(which is in everything even BABY Formula), White Flour, dairy and meat (non organic and in excess), and processed oils...Even just eliminating one or two could change your health, weight, and increase your life span...You do not have to do all of it

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm finally losing weight!!!!!, August 26, 2007
Amy (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I've been on countless diets over the years. Pretty much, you name it and I've tried it. I've been on Atkins, The Zone, vegetarian, low-fat, Eat Right for Your Blood Type, SlimFast, and South Beach. In addition, I've tried counting calories and restricting my food intake so much that I had almost no energy. However, I was never able to keep the weight off long term. If only I had known then what I know now! I've been on the diet for a month now and have lost 10 pounds and I'm steadily continuing to lose. I've learned that I don't have to be deprived to lose weight. In fact, I'm eating more than I was on any of my previous diets and enjoying my food more than ever! This book has taught me that a large part of losing weight and keeping it off is about making better choices and finally, I am learning how to choose foods for my body that not only support weight loss, but also make me healthier all around.

One huge revelation for me was the chapter on mindset and psychological health. Previously, I was constantly degrading myself because of my weight and I was constantly depressed and negative because I hated my body. Never Be Fat Again has taught me that my mindset is very important in my weight loss journey. I have increasingly become a more positive person and I can finally say, for the first time since high school, that I'm starting to love my body!

I'm greatly indebted to the authors of this book. All I can say is, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Without Never Be Fat Again, I never could have succeeded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful reminder of how to address obesity, November 21, 2010
Steven A. Peterson (Hershey, PA (Born in Kewanee, IL)) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Nothing really revolutionary here. I have read of these suggestions elsewhere. However, the book pulls a lot of suggestions together and this is a contribution. The Foreword states the thesis (Page ix): ". . .overweight is a disease that can only be cured by restoring overall good health."

What does this mean? The author argues that we need to address two key causes--deficiency of needed nutrients and addressing ingestion of toxic materials. As Francis says (Page 1): "The weight is merely a symptom, and this symptom will come back unless you elimi8nate the underlying causes." The author argues that the standard American diet is the leading cause of disease--and obesity. What to do? Face off against "The Big Four": sugar, white flour, processed oils, and dairy/excess animal protein. Other bÍte noires: caffeine and alcohol.

What to do? Unprocessed fruits and vegetables; reduce animal protein; more fiber; organic, less treated foods (e.g., asparagus rather than bell peppers, since the former is less treated than the latter); more whole grain.

Tools? A diary or journal to outline what you actually eat as well as something like a written plan of action. One can then compare what s/he wants to do and what s/he actually is doing. In addition, chapter 13 provides a set of illustrative menus and recipes. Among recipes: veggie sandwiches, herbed hummus, meatless taco salad, vegetable wraps, spicy raw nuts, and veggie pesto pasta.

This book provides an approach to weight reduction that takes a somewhat different theoretical tack--albeit with many familiar operational dietary suggestions.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a book, September 12, 2009
When I started reading this book, I could not put it down. It made me think before I buy any groceries. I read everything on the label, and to me if it has words I can't even pronouce, I don't buy it. The more natural ingredients and the less chemicals. This book is a must to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone that cares for their health, January 16, 2011
I believe this book is mostly about regaining your health rather than losing weight, which is what the author actually claims will happen. Obesity is considered a disease which would not normally happen to a healthy person. I can see the truth in this. The book is written in a wonderfully easy way to understand. I have to say that at some point all the information can become overwhelming and if you don't stop reading for a while the information becomes a big mess in your head. So it is best to take it slowly and digest the information thouroughly. The author tells the story about a woman who read his book and was very mad to find out about all the bad things that she ate because she wasn't really ready to change her eating habits. If you are not sure if you want to change your eating habits, then it is better not to read it. If you do want to start living healthier and commit to this change then this book can help you. I really get a sense from this book that is was written for the best of the readers and without any great personal benefits to the author. I have been looking for a long time to find the best healthy way of eating, and this book covers it all great. I have started following the book's advice since New Year and have lost 15lbs since then without starving and actually feeling fuller and more satisfied after meals. This has been in the range of 1lb a day almost. I haven't started excersising yet so this weight loss is all due to the change in my eating habits. I did eat healthy before, always cooked meals at home, no junk food in fast food places, but I had a sweet tooth which gave me trouble. Sugar was one of the big fours to eliminate from your diet. I cannot recommend this book enough to anyone who wants to become healthier and slimmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm picking up new info every single page., May 18, 2011
I'm about half-way through this, but I have to say I 'm picking up new info every single page. I believe in all the theories and tenants of this program and totally believe in the science. The trick is making it workable for YOU so that you can live it and maintain on this program for the rest of your life.

Tonight we did the taco/burrito recipe. I didn't have great hopes, and I augmented it a small amount (spice ratios), but tried to stay with the basics for the first try. Well, it was unbelievably FABULOUS! We don't use the same wraps Raymond Francis uses - we use Sami's Millet and Flax lavash from a bakery in Tampa. But it was a HUGE fiber burst, flavorful beyond belief. My husband loved it as well, and he's the biggest critic of all.

For lunch today, I had a big salad, and added a small scoop of fresh tuna salad (locally fresh-caught tuna, cooked, shredded with all organic ingredients - onions, lemon, herbs, apples, pecans, dijon mustard and Veganaise. ) My husband used the same tuna salad in a Sami's wrap, adding some jalapeños. He was a happy camper. (Me? I'm not into jalapeños).

I've not been nuts about the morning recipes. I've already tried the quinoa and it was ok, just a bit weak. I did buckwheat groats this AM and the slime really was unbelievable and hard to even get down. So it's all about making this program and the concept work for you, I think. For tomorrow, I'm soaking oat groats. I can't have glutens and the whole oat thing is somewhere in the giant 'question mark' range when it comes to glutens. We'll see.................

I thought I'd give a bit of info on the actual working 'guts' of this program to anyone who might be interested, and will add more as I progress.

You have to know, that I'm a real gourmet and very picky about fresh food, flavors and nutrition. So this seems to be stacking up fairly well for now....I just hope I can find something in 'breakfast world' that works. If not, well, I can always do a high-fiber wrap with veggies for breakfast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rediscover your health, as I did!, April 1, 2008
How excited I was to find this knowledgeable and well written book on my last trip to the USA. If you have a health issue, no matter what it may be and of course including weight challenges, then this is the book for you. It is easy to read and understand. I defy anyone who completes this 6 week cellular solution to not feel so much better, younger and lighter. Infact, I am so impressed that I recommend this book to my attendees when lecturing in the UK. I also had the added benefit and pleasure of meeting with Michelle King - truly an inspiration to us all and a more genuine and passionate lady you could not wish to meet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book at any price..., December 29, 2008
I was very glad to receive this book. It is very simple and at the same time very powerful. I hope many others will benefit from it as I am going to.
David A. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, October 10, 2013
This book is a life saver. It is not a diet ! Once you realize why you are over weight and the toxic poisons we are taking into our bodies in almost every bite.
This book is written in a very easy manner to understand exactly why and what is happening in our body and how to reverse and repair ourselves. It is not a diet! it is a Change of Life Style.
This book is the most informative and enlightening reason as to how and why You and I must change our way of eating. We are truly being destroyed from within. And not for the reasons we think . . . it is not just over-eating that is making us over weight, food addicted and unhealthy. We are being systematically poisoned.
I am a senior and have been overweight my entire life. I have tried almost every diet and gained and lost probably a 1000 pounds in my life. After reading this book and his other books "Never Fear Cancer Again" and "Never Be Sick Again" I am a true believer in proper nutrition now. And, I cannot even go into the grocery store and not be afraid of what is on the shelves. I no longer look at the calories but its nutritional value and guess what I am loosing like crazy.
Please read for yourself and see how you will look at eating totally different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information, September 29, 2012
I can't see why anyone would rate this low at all. Yes, it is geared towards a plant based diet. But a book can not change anything for you. I didn't feel like this book was preachy or forceful in any way. In fact.. I think it even says in the book that if you want to eat meat, just stay away from the meat that has been pumped full of antibiotics and steroids. Which is what I buy for my dogs. Meat grosses me out A LOT anyway. So I didn't need convincing there. But my dogs sure love it ;) Anyway, I'm getting off track.
I felt like this book was an eye opener. And when I thought about it, it really was common sense. You are what you eat, there is no truer saying than that. When you eat healthy, you feel amazing. When you eat bad, you feel bad. Simple as that. I've done both, I choose the healthy way because I am NOT awesome when I eat badly.

And as far as dairy goes, it's not even for you. A cow doesn't produce milk for people. Just think about mucus and pus every time you eat cheese and drink a glass of milk. HAH! Actually, I don't even care what people eat. I just wanted to throw that in since someone made a comment about it ;)

$14.95 $10.58