Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

94%
Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 4, 2011
NEVER BITE ANYTHING THAT BITES BACK is the 16th collection of "Sherman's Lagoon" comic strips. The strips featured in the book are from 2010. In this collection Hawthorne gets trapped in a seafood restaurant; Sherman and Megan go to the Shark X-Games; Kapupu Lagoon is challenged to a series of medieval games by Bayside Lagoon; Hawthorne travels to China; Hawthorne becomes an insurance salesman; the gang travels to the gulf to help out with the oil spill; Sherman, Hawthorne, and Ernest travel to the Great Pacific Garbage Patch; Hawthorne travels to the Galapagos Islands and opens an anti-wrinkle treatment/leather goods boutique; Sherman is granted superpowers by Kahuna; Fillmore helps the Lagoon out by teaching yoga classes; Sherman gets tagged by a shark research vessel; Sherman takes Herman with him on the sea horse rodeo; Fillmore becomes the Lagoon's champion at the video game "Guitar God"; and a lion fish invades the lagoon. Overall, I found NEVER BITE ANYTHING THAT BITES BACK enjoyable. It's one of the best collections of "Sherman's Lagoon" comics in the past few years.
on October 22, 2011
I have all the "Sherman's Lagoon" collections and I love Sherman and all his cohorts. Toomey has outdone himself with this collection and has included some of his best stuff. I just got it and I have already laughed my way through 3/4 of it. Great collection.
on March 30, 2016
Super funny comic strip!!! I bought one of these books one day because I wanted to try a different comic strip besides Pearl Before Swine, Garfield, and Zits. I have since bought about 15 more books from this series!!! Highly recommended for any comic strip fan!!!

And by some violence, I mean like slap stick comical violence.
on May 31, 2014
Love all of the Sherman's Lagoon books. So does my Grandson--age 10. It is kind of silly to require extra words to describe comic books/collections such as all the Sherman's Lagoon, so I'm making this a blanket review--they are all really fun to read and do not get old. Apply that to the entire series.
on June 15, 2014
Sherman's Lagoon is a classic comedy strip that has created laugh after laugh. Owning all the books in this series (currently eighteen) is a must for all those who appreciate a good laugh and could use one on a daily basis.
on June 19, 2013
well, Toomey comes through again! You will not be disappointed with this book. Can't decide which I like better, the writing or the illustrations. glad I don't have to!
on May 2, 2013
Sherman's Lagoon is one of my favorite strips. The collections are always great. Jim Toomey is one of my five favorite cartoonists.
The day he retires will be a sad one for me.
on October 5, 2013
Enjoyed the 16th edition very much.
It's always a treat to turn the pages and laugh out louds are sprinkled every page...
on May 12, 2016
Sherman's Lagoon will forever be my favorite cartoon. Witty and humorous. Can't get enough. Jim Toomey is a genius.
on November 25, 2015
What can I say? I own all of the Sherman's Lagoon books and I read them over and over. Sherman makes me happy!