4.0 out of 5 stars Relatable, catchy, still very "Taylor".. just more pop
Even at first listen, you can tell Taylor is using co-writers this time around. I wasn't surprised to learn that Max Martin was one of them for this track (Martin is responsible for many Britney Spears & P!nk hits.) Therefore, I can see why this song is getting mixed reviews.

Published 20 months ago by Ginger R.

2.0 out of 5 stars What to say...what to say
First off, I am not a hater or internet assassin. I am huge Fan of Taylor's. I love all three albums and her.

This song is different and all pop. Country radio is playing a version of it but its very similar to the pop one.

Published 20 months ago by Chris

2.0 out of 5 stars What to say...what to say, August 15, 2012
This review is from: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (MP3 Music)

I am not judging until I hear the whole album. Is this well written and thoughtful, no. Is it catchy and in the vain of Call Me Maybe, yes. It is what I call a summer song.

I am eager to hear how this record goes. I loved her last record Speak Now. It was grown up, mature, and thoughtful.
I hope this song is not foreshadowing.

Time will tell.

Chris

4.0 out of 5 stars Relatable, catchy, still very "Taylor".. just more pop, August 16, 2012
This review is from: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (MP3 Music)

On one hand, it is pure pop, making it seem somewhat shallow.. even if the lyrics are still very Taylor-esque, just not quite as much story-telling this time. On the other hand, only Taylor Swift could come out with a pure pop song & have it be a "different" sound for her. If this was a new artist on the scene, I'm not sure this song would be a hit for them. But because we wouldn't expect this from Taylor, it ends up seeming original in a way. It is intriguing to think what direction her album will be going based on this song.

Since the album doesn't drop til the end of October, I'm sure she will release another single before then. So critics shouldn't judge quite yet. In the meantime, enjoy a more fluffy pop song that only Taylor could make seem refreshing. I personally really enjoy it, especially because I can relate to the break-up-then-make-up relationship it's describing. Part of Taylor Swift's genius is how relatable she is, so in my mind, this style still suits her.

However, a caveat: I'm not a country music fan, so her divergence from that genre would not affect or disappoint me anyway.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why is this popular?, August 21, 2012
This review is from: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (MP3 Music)
Even though I like traditional country music I do like some-pop country. I have enjoyed pop-country from Patsy Cline to Dolly Parton to Shania Twain. Pop Country is not a new thing to country music. It has been around for decades. But make no mistake. This song is not pop country by any stretch. This is pure pop with zero country influences. Tha being said, it wouldn't be so bad if it at least had a good melody and good lyrics. For people who actually value music this will not be for you. There is zero substance here. Poor melody and very poor lyrics. If Taylor wasn't the "IN" thing this surely would not be popular. It always amazes me how people will buy whatever as long as it is the "current in" thing regardless of quality. Now I have nothing against Taylor Swift. I am sure she is a good person and you can't blame her for "cashing in." I suppose we all would if we could. But have to be honest, this is one of the lowest qualities of music I have heard in some time from a pop singer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away, August 27, 2012
This review is from: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (MP3 Music)
Talking through lyrics is not singing! Horrible lyrics, poorly performed, not much value here. Clearly a money grab by her label. Hope this isn't the best song on the album. Stay away from this one, hearing it on the radio is an automatic dial changer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Lyrics!!, February 8, 2013
This review is from: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (MP3 Music)
Nice beat and pace but HORRIBLE lyrics,I wouldn't want it free if they gave it to me. Disappointed that she would come out with a song like this. All her other music has been great but this one gets the major thumbs down for me!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars good song, February 1, 2013
This review is from: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (MP3 Music)
Not a big fan of hers but maybe she will do better in this genre then country, we will see

5.0 out of 5 stars What a clever song!, January 9, 2013
This review is from: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (MP3 Music)
It's likely that many of us have had the experience described in this song. Taylor Swift captures the emotion... and makes it fun at the same time. If you are a Swift fan, you just may love this song. And even if she's not on your top ten list, you should give this song a listen! You can't help but smile (and, in my case, say "darn right!").

5.0 out of 5 stars Never getting back together, January 7, 2013
This review is from: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (MP3 Music)
Ok,not much to say about a MP3 file..It was easy to download,and was automatically sent to WMP,making it super easy to put on my device.
The music sonds good,uncut and not a remix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for kids, January 6, 2013
This review is from: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (MP3 Music)
My kids love this song and it is very catchy. I may buy them the whole album. Very kid friendly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, October 22, 2012
This review is from: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (MP3 Music)
My least favorite song she's ever done, and I am a big fan. It's not insightful, and the spoken part is really annoying. I am not buying the new album until I hear something much better. I've always admired Taylor's career progression in that she didn't try to sing about the experiences of a 25 year old when she was 17. However, instead of the nice progression we heard on the second and third albums, this song seems to be some sort of strange trip back to age 13. If it's supposed to be funny, it should be funnier, and say something interesting and important. Sorry Taylor but this one isn't up to snuff!

ARRAY(0xa96f3714)