Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on July 8, 2013
This is a great book! The format of the book is very easy to follow. The authors explain how to effectively ask great questions in a negotiation. With each question, they explain what the question implies and how and when to use it. They also explain how to respond when someone else tries to use the questions against you in a negotiation.

This book is a great read if you are new to negotiation or experienced because it gives you great insight.
It is a really great book. I am Chinese by heritage and even a little by culture so bargaining is sort of in my blood as it is almost instinctive but your book breaks it down to a science in a concise easy to read fashion.

Thanks for converting me so there is one less negotiation dummy out there.
on November 22, 2012
A good read, I enjoyed the information, but Never Lose Again? I didn't think it was (THAT) good........ Still, I would put it on my list of better reads.
on July 27, 2013
Down to earth and easy to understand. Excellent advice for everyday as well. It will take away your fear of negotiating.
on January 4, 2011
Never Lose Again (2010) by Steven Babitsky and James J. Mangraviti, Jr., is a practical guide for negotiating. The authors utilize vignettes to demonstrate the exchanges of everyday successful (and not so successful) negotiations. Through a series of 50 questions the reader is taught to position themselves for winning a negotiation or not losing a negotiation by proper responses to those questions. Asking and answering the questions is the key strategy and Babitsky and Mangraviti are the key masters.

Readers will readily identify with the negotiation situations presented, i.e., buying a car, requesting lower interest rates, etc. Not only will the real life scenarios be helpful illustration for the reader, the concepts of negotiation regarding preparation and execution are presented in a manner that can be useful in every day exchanges. Never Lose Again is a must read for all persons in business. Readers take the Babitsky/Mangraviti methods to heart as you negotiate your way to success.
on January 6, 2011
Well another book on negotiating. When I approached this I was a bit skeptical that there was anything more to say about this field. I also thought (probably with some hubris) that I knew how to do deals rather well. I was quite wrong and was captivated immediately by the book starting in the first chapter. I learned a lot even as an old hand at negotiating.

Clearly the authors are very experienced at negotiation and also know how to write. The format is excellent. Short chapters with key questions for you to ask as a negotiator to gain the upper hand and, most importantly, how to answer the questions if you are on the other side of the table with a wicked question thrown at you! Well done. They cover key areas: information gathering up front, finding the right person to deal with, opening gambits, power tools, money, ending deadlocks and closing the deal. You should be able to get through the book in a few hours.

Now here is what I think you should do: Buy the book and make margin notations as you read it. Star the key questions and points and lessons. Then when you're done transfer your notes to a small file on your iPhone, Bberry or other smart phone (or if you prefer, a 3x5 card). Then, during a negotiation when you log on to check your email (as everyone does nowadays) or write a note on a 3x5 card actually open up the file and review the key points (while still paying attention to the negotiation - we all multitask these days). Like having a coach sitting next to you.

You'll find this book a valuable tool and well worth the effort. And it will help you make better deals and save you some money.
on January 4, 2011
I'm a prof at a medical school that pioneered problem-based learning (PBL): the use of real-life vignettes (narratives) to direct students to ask patient-centered questions and search independently for the answers. PBL makes it fun to be a student. NEVER LOSE AGAIN uses PBL to make it fun to learn to negotiate. I read the book in one sitting and loved the ingenuity, wit, and clarity that Babitsky and Mangraviti used to convey their points. Their 50-question approach, coupled with real-life illustrations of each negotiating technique, really does what is promised on the front cover - quickly and dramatically improves the reader's skills at negotiating. I can't wait to try some of this out on my kids, or our hospital administrator. The book's illustrative examples come mostly from sales, education, and publishing, but the approachable style of the writing makes it easy to see how the 50 questions would work well in all walks of life. The authors have a keen understanding of human nature and a proven track record as effective negotiators, but also a folksy charm not usually ascribed to lawyers and a warning against striving to win at all costs. I liked that. I particularly enjoyed the chapters on Deadlock Busters and Head Games. Highly recommended.
on January 8, 2011
The question isn't whether you should read this book. It's such a treasure trove of helpful advice that you'd be foolish not to. The Real Question is whether you'll recommend it to the ones you love. Will you make them privy to the arsenal of brilliant--yet simple--strategies that Babitsky and Mangraviti offer? After all, they might use the techniques on you!

"Never Lose Again" is concisely written and filled with wise yet witty anecdotes. It will not lose you in theory as many negotiation books do. The short stories allow you to easily remember the various Questions that will lay your negotiating opponents flat. After all, the whole point is application.

Steve and Jim taught me the importance of negotiating with the Right Person several years ago. When my husband and I were in the market to buy a new home, we found a house we loved but it was outside of our budget. The builder was well known for his care in working with wood. Although the builder listed the house through a realtor, he was at an open house we attended. We let him know how much we admired his craftsmanship. He took us on a tour of the house and we developed a positive relationship with him. We immediately made an offer on the house, which was quite low but was in our budget. Unfortunately, another couple made an offer at the same time--for $30,000 more. To the chagrin of his realtor and lawyer, the builder accepted our much lower bid. Why? We developed a relationship with him and he knew we would take care of "his" home. The realtor and lawyer had no say because they weren't the ultimate authority.

That's what the strategies in this book can do for you.

Will I encourage my loved ones to read this? Absolutely! Will they use some of the techniques against me. Of course. Am I worried? No. I've read ALL the Babitsky/Mangraviti books already!
on January 13, 2011
In their usual clear, direct and entertaining style, these two authors have created an extremely valuable tool for daily use by all of us as we negotiate our lives. With each chapter, the authors reveal their 50 powerful yet deceptively simple questions one by one, some subset of which the negotiator will use depending on the context of the negotiation. Steven Babitsky and James J. Mangraviti Jr. are highly regarded and successful leaders in their field, having years of experience in law and in business. They share their wisdom and insight, as well as their enjoyable stories, about lessons learned along the way in this must read for anyone also wanting to succeed in life (and not get taken advantage of).
on January 8, 2011
As it says in the gold "sticker" on the cover, this book will help anyone, from the beginner to the experienced negotiator, to "quickly & dramatically improve [their] negotiation skills". A practical and useful guide for negotiating any deal, from the extremely simple to the most complex!