5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!
Absolutely love this watch. It works everywhere from Oregon hills to backcountry North Dakota! Doesn't have the bells and whistles that some GPS watches do but all I was looking for was distance, pace per mile, and a timer! This watch fits the bill perfectly!
Published on August 3, 2012 by Runrgal88

2.0 out of 5 stars Too difficult to use!
Published on October 13, 2012 by Gary Price

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, August 3, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the price!, February 26, 2013
This review is from: New Balance GPS Runner (Sports)
The negative reviews about this watch are ridiculous. It performs as advertised. Great for tracking time, distance, calories, pace, etc. You do have to read the directions to get the most use out of the watch. Definitely not difficult. It took me 15 minutes to set it up properly. I bought this as a cheap GPS watch for my son. He loved it so much that I bought one for myself. We tested both watches for accuracy against my phone GPS and Garmin watch. No issues to report.

If you want a basic GPS watch, buy this. If you want maps, an online community to brag about results, or more settings than the average runner may use; then get a more expensive watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars good watch for the $, September 13, 2012
D. Pittaro (Hammonton, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Balance GPS Runner (Sports)
i am a steady runner who runs all year round, and does 3-4 half marathons a year. i wanted an inexpensive, no-frills watch to chart my distance, time, and pace. nothing more. i dont need to share my run stats with 5 billion people on fb, monitor my heart rate, or store computer records of my last 1,000 runs. i'm sure many people are in the same situation, as many gps devices on the simple side have been released in the past few months. this new balance met my needs well, is attractive, comfortable, and affordable. but despite being fairly tech savvy, i have yet to fully understand the programming functionality of the watch. the instructions are not particularly clear, and it has been frustrating at times. i eventually was able to program the basic functions i am looking for, but i am not yet utilizing its full capacity. the only operating issue i am having is for some reason, the gps signal takes .1-.2 miles after it says the gps is locked in before my distance starts to accumulate. this is fairly routine. i have checked my return distance on out-and-back runs to verify this. i simply add it on to my final distance. otherwise, this gps device is highly reccomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well in Afghanistan, April 3, 2013
This review is from: New Balance GPS Runner (Sports)
I am in the Army and currently deployed to Afghanistan. I ordered this watch to help me prepare for my APFT. I have only had the watch a few days but i can say that so far the product is exactly what i wanted and what i expected. I have to agree with some other reviews that the watch takes time to fully understand, but like with most tech, if you play with it enough then you will get a handle on how to properly operate it. A pastreview stated that the GPS was hard to turn off so his battery was constantly going dead. I find this to beuntrue as i have had no problem turining the gps function off and on as needed. Make sure you follow the directions and fully charge the watch upon frst receiving it and that will alleviate some of the battery issues. I normally dont spend money on products such as this, but I am very happy with my purchase thus far and will edfinitely recommend it to others. One last comment-the GPS is very accurate. The route i mapped out was verified on the ground with an engineer's wheel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch for the $, dont hesitate to buy, October 22, 2013
This review is from: New Balance GPS Runner (Sports)
Ive owned a Garmin and I currently own this and I must say for atleast 50% less than most other GPS watches the New Balance is a steal.

Main points
1. Half the price of more expensive GPS watches
2. Doesnt have the bells and whistles of the more expensive products, but for most this will suffice. After my run I need to know, how far I went, how long it took me, and the pace by miles (will auto calculate your time per mile if you set it up that way).
3. Yes a learning curve to using the watch, if you are too lazy or not too bright then skip the watch, for the 90% of the rest of you its not that difficult after sitting down and reading the directions once thru.
4. GPS is just as accurate as Garmin, both were pretty darn close to eachother for mileage
5. Love the small size, none of this bulky unnecessary baggage
6. Holds 30+ runs in memory
7. Both Garmin and NB watch seemed to take about the same time to get a GPS signal

All in all you wont be disappointed in the watch. For its size you will def have to read the directions once thru and play with the watch to utilize all the options. But some people are acting like this is learning a foreign language, its not, but there are a lot of not too bright people out there, so maybe Im wrong. This watch is good, accurate, and did everything I needed in a GPS watch. For that it was worth paying $75-125 less than most other GPS watches and at this price its a steal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate results in my opinion, Price is right, March 5, 2013
This review is from: New Balance GPS Runner (Sports)
I am an experienced distance runner and the results I'm seeing while I run are consistent with what I "feel" is the pace I'm currently keeping. I've also verified the speed while driving around and it closely matches my speedometer. I like the big customizable display. You can consult the manual and create a nice running dashboard for yourself. Also, the night mode keeps the backlight on permanently while the GPS is on if you set it to. Nice at night. Light and fits comfortably, You can save your run and view a little about the data afterwards. Great price on a GPS watch, battery life is acceptable. So now the gripes: each screen has a consistent interface, but using the watch takes a bit of practice. Some of the important functions (like save) are not intuitive. You can get used to it, but you will be consulting the manual at first and you will need to take some practice runs with it. You don't seem to be able to download your runs, you just look at them on your watch. So that's kind of sad if you want to use the watch for mapmyrun. Charging mechanism is very strange, you have to clamp some bare contacts to your watch. GPS signal quality seems average, I don't have trouble losing signal. Seems ok. Overall, I love this watch for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entry level GPS watch, September 24, 2012
This review is from: New Balance GPS Runner (Sports)
I am training for my first marathon and needed an easy GPS watch to help keep me on pace. This watch is perfect and for the price, it's wonderful. Very easy to use and the signal does not take long to find at all. I have a small wrist and was concerned about the size but no problems at all. Definitely worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 4, 2012
This review is from: New Balance GPS Runner (Sports)
For the price, I could not have gotten anything better. I go out to run and with the tap of a button, I know my pace and distance. I gave it a 4 star rating because the directions that comes with the watch are horrible. Thanks to a friend, I found a video on YouTube and the set up was easy and took 5 min.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, August 24, 2013
Adm844 (Toledo, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Balance GPS Runner (Sports)
I have a friend who owns a running shop and I have gotten to try out a lot of different watches. For the price this watch is great. I was borrowing a Garmin forerunner 305. a 300.00 + watch. I gave in and decided I wanted my own. The garmin was not accurate all the time, bulky, annoying, and just a beast of a watch. I decided to buy the NB watch because of decent reviews, look and price.

I love this watch. It feels good, i wear it all day as my normal watch and it is easy to use.

Not sure why people think the watch is hard to use and the directions are impossible to read.

I was using this watch in about 3 minutes after I opened the box.

Battery life is great. If you are going to wear it all day make sure you turn the GPS off because that kills the battery.

Buy this watch!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too difficult to use!, October 13, 2012
Gary Price (MADISON, CT, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Balance GPS Runner (Sports)
I have tried hard to like this watch! I just finished my third run and still find it impossible to get the correct screens without the poorly written manual. I am writing this after trying repeatedly to simply turn the GPS off to save battery life so I do not have to use the poorly designed charger so frequently! I am fairly tech oriented, use my iPad, iPhone, Mac, pc computers at home and work, manage my office network, log in to hospital networks remotely and use sophisticated probability and imaging software, but still find this very much a headache.I enjoy running, but do not enjoy this watch. I will be investing in another, more expensive model just to be able to easily view the simple data I want. I am only interested in pace, distance and time, and this watch can not deliver that data in a straightforward and intuitive fashion. It appears that in an effort to load features onto the chip, the interface has been rendered so complicated as to make it just too difficult to easily use!

New Balance GPS Runner