5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot. Know the purpose of them.
Published 4 months ago by Chris Britt

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent boot
I bought these for better ankle support than the regular water shoes I had been wearing. Unfortunately, these aren't any better in that regard.

But they are a high quality water shoe, and fit well.

Published 12 months ago by Michael B. Delage

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent boot, September 6, 2013

But they are a high quality water shoe, and fit well.

One thing I didn't like. The insoles on these have perforations under the ball of the foot, and under the big toe. Walking any distance, these become like a cheese grater on my foot. Quite uncomfortable. So I swapped out the insoles for a pair out of a New Balance 920 water shoe, perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot. Know the purpose of them., May 15, 2014
This review is from: New Balance Men's Abyss II 6-Inch Tactical Boot (Apparel)
These are amazing. These are not work boots. These were developed for military use. They are not waterproof in the fact that they keep water out. They have mesh sections along the side, and port holes on the side and bottom. They are made as lightweight, rugged boots that can be submerged completely underwater, and then pull one's foot out and all the water drain. They have a rubber insole. They do not feel soggy. Your socks will get wet, but they do not hold water. If you are use to gel insoles, then you may consider them uncomfortable compared to your other boots. If you understand that these are lightweight boots that can be warn in warmer weather, and stand up to water, then you get the picture. These are not made to be have super, soft insoles. They are made to be outdoors in. For that reason I got them, and they work great. These are amazing boots. If you are looking for one's that keep water out, these are not them. If you are looking for a boot that works in almost any terrain and environment (other than snow or winter climate) then these are the boots for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb boots, October 20, 2013
I added Superfeet insoles, otherwise they are among the most comfortable, practical boots ever. Very light, fast draining, easy to clean.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tactical Abyss II 6-inch boot, June 19, 2014
It seems well made. I think it is a quality product. However its like standing on concrete floors barefoot. I think with a nice insert to give me arch support it will be just fine. I would rate it higher if it had better arch support. I am happy with the product overall, it may just be my feet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard insoles, March 11, 2014
Insole too hard. Had to use my own Cushing insoles! Kind of roomy to be regular with. Insoles not comfy at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars If you have wide feet, don't listen to the reviews, March 25, 2014
Most of the reviews of these boots said that they "run wide". While I don't doubt that might be true, it certainly does NOT mean that if you have wide feet these boots will fit you. I wear a 4E, so when I got these boots and put together the uncomfortable (and I think mismatched) insole pieces, it was apparent right away that these are not "wide" boots... they were even a little long because I bought them a size bigger, and still my foot felt like it was being squashed in a vice. And the fact that the drain holes of the two insole pieces didn't line up... not good, not good. Sorry, NB.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent boot, January 10, 2014
Travis (Rochester, New York, USA) - See all my reviews
First these are NOT winter boots nor did I expect them to be. For what they are they are decent boots. The fit is good and they feel light on your feet. The inside soles could be better so add a pair of insoles and they are good to go.

3.0 out of 5 stars Larger than other NB 12 shoes, slight defect in the coloring, July 23, 2014
This review is from: New Balance Men's Abyss II 6-Inch Tactical Boot (Apparel)
These boots are cushioned and great for those who stand a lot at work, or who need soft, pliable boots to walk around in for ankle support. The pair I got has a few what look like bleach stains on the top, and there is messy glue residue along the soles. It's not the standard high-quality craftsmanship I am used to from New Balance. But most disappointing of all is that these boots fit larger than other size 12 shoes I have gotten from New Balance. They are too big to wear comfortably. What a shame.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, July 13, 2014
There is no cushion for the bottom of your feet

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent back, July 12, 2014
Hank (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
I ordered these because they were said to be a "D" width. NO way

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›