5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints from son means thumbs up!
Published on March 21, 2012 by TooManyShoes

2.0 out of 5 stars Not well made and the size runs small.
These are okay as a backup pair of sneakers, but order only if on sale and go one size up.
Published on December 10, 2012 by LAD

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints from son means thumbs up!, March 21, 2012
TooManyShoes "tee_kup" (WALTHAM, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Comfort: My 8 year old son has some sensory "issues" when it comes to socks and shoes. They always seem to bother him. I bought these for him and really hoped they wouldn't bother him. I should also note I bought them a half size bigger because you know how fast kids grow! Fingers were crossed. Well, the morning came and time to get ready for school. He puts them on and *no* complaints at all. Not that morning and not since we got them. That in itself is a big thumbs up for me!

Price: The price was also very reasonable, especially now that we are transitioning from "little kid" shoes to "big kid" shoes and that's where I've noticed the prices jump up. These were under $50.

Shipping: No problem! Fast and packaging was fine, not a pain to open the box.

Bottom Line: Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not well made and the size runs small., December 10, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Ran Small, January 25, 2013
This review is from: New Balance Kids' KJ553 Lace-Up Running Shoe (Apparel)
My 7 year old was very excited when they came but has refused to wear them since the first day. One time on, and he said they were too tight. Oh well, guess we will wait for the 4 year old to grow in to them.

4.0 out of 5 stars love them, January 11, 2013
diane hernandez-mojica (SOUTH RICHMOND HILL, NY, US) - See all my reviews
bought these for my 5 yr old son because he has a high instep and sensory issues and it's very hard to find sneakers that fit him or that he feels comfortable with. I received these sooner than expected and to my surprise they fit him. He loves them. These are the first sneakers in his 5 yrs of searching that I actually like. I would highly recommend them. The price was also great.

2.0 out of 5 stars be careful, runs small and.. the wide size runs narrow, March 10, 2013
Stylish, wish these would have fit. HOWEVER: This sneaker, 3W, was at least a size too small and too narrow. Basically the same length as my kid's old, outgrown 2W New Balance sneaker in another style also ordered from Amazon - and on top of that, this one was too narrow! My kid isn't heavy but is tall and feet are big and wide. At least I didn't have a problem returning them for a full refund.

After purchasing New Balance in 2 other wide sizes with success, I am now a little leery. That bums me out since it used to be so easy to buy next size up online. It seems different styles are sized differently, and it's a bit of a guessing game....

3.0 out of 5 stars It's narrow for me, January 8, 2013
too narrow, not comfortable, The color is very beautiful, but not suitable for me. The price is low, so wide one would be suitable

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, January 8, 2013
Love these we measured her feet with the size chart and they fit perfect and she loves them! We use them for Basketball and indoor sports!

4.0 out of 5 stars New Balance KJ553 shoes, January 7, 2013
I bought these pair of shoes for our nephew for Xmas and he loved it. They fit perfect and even tho he's not a runner, he did like that fact that they were light and comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars LIGHT WEIGHT ON THERE FEET, July 26, 2011
These are very light weighting shoes easy on the feet she is very comfortable wearing these. I would recommend these shoes to other mom's

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd purchase of the exact same shoe for my OCD daughter!!, June 25, 2014
When my daughter outgrew her last pair of these New Balance running shoes she was devastated; she's OCD and can't stand change, so when I found the same shoe in her size we were thrilled. Delivered very fast and in perfect condition!! Thanks for the great service.