5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!
Published 18 months ago by Kimberly

1.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last
Published 24 months ago by Jeremy D. Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, June 16, 2013
My daughter is special needs and wears braces on her feet. New Balance were recommended by her Orthotist. Because of the braces, we needed a shoe in wide width, 2 sizes larger than her feet measure. She measures a size 7, exactly, so I purchased these in a 9 W. They fit over her braces perfectly, with the exception of the strings being a bit too short. A new pair of laces for $3 from a local store and we were all set. I will say, if the shoes were not going over braces, the laces would have been fine, but the braces add width, height, AND length to a child's feet, so we did need the new laces. I might purchase future pairs in Extra Wide to accommodate the braces even better, but these work as expected.

Also, we love New Balance as a family, because they are well made and seem to last longer than other sneakers. They also come in more sizes and widths than any other brand, meaning we can customize our shoes extensively for each family member. Thanks, New Balance!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute Shoes for a Toddler, March 20, 2013
I ordered these New Balance tennis shoes for my toddler son and they are too cute! They fit true-to-size and are of good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite shoes!, November 20, 2013
Love these shoes and purchased them online praying they would fit. They fit perfectly over my son's sure step braces and he can look cool too! Love the XW sizes to help accommodate special needs kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars =), December 4, 2012
These are beautiful shoes! My son looks very comfortable in them and are put together well. I wish I had a pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler New Balance KJ990 Lace-Up Running Shoe, February 15, 2013
Love these little shoes. Our 30 year son wears this style of new balance as well as our grand babies. They are great shoes, the construction lasts beyond the out growth of them for the little ones. I will defiantly be buying more!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not built to last, January 2, 2013
I bought these for my 2 year old son two months ago. I went with New Balance because I have always liked the quality of the shoes I had purchased in the past for my use. These shoes have since separated at the toe and the suede uppers are ripped on the sides. I know my son is a toddler, but if the shoes are marketed for toddlers then they should be built to withstand toddler day-in, day-out wear.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, February 26, 2013
I'm not impressed at all. Within two weeks these shoes became discolored and some strings appear to be working their way loose.

4.0 out of 5 stars love these, March 19, 2013
I bought these shoes for my son and we both love them. They are cute and he thinks they are comfortable. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ankle, heel support for special needs, November 12, 2014
My son is a new walker and needed a more supportive shoe. He has Down Syndrome with low muscle tone and mild pronation at this point. This sneaker gives higher ankle support that the prior Stride Rite sneaker I had him in for protection more than support. The heel counter is very rigid and does not really bend which also lends good support. The sneaker is lighter than I expected it would be and he has adjusted to walking in it pretty well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain on true fitting shoes for wide footed toddler, October 29, 2014
We have tried a number of brands, and New Balance seems to be most comfortable for our two year old son. These are lace ups, so there is some flexibility to tighten and loosen as necessary. The $20 price is very competitive with what we find at discount retailers such as Ross and TJMaxx (which are great, but inventory can be hit or miss). The color and quality of these shoes met and exceeded our expectations.

New Balance KJ990 Lace-Up Running Shoe (Infant/Toddler)
$42.95 $15.99 - $52.90