5.0 out of 5 stars Great for wide feet/orthotics
Love these shoes! Hard to find cute shoes with velcro in bigger sizes and the XWide is great for kids with orthotics!
Published on August 9, 2012 by Matthew

1.0 out of 5 stars Strap Issues
So less than 30 days later and I had to buy new shoes. The straps have started to fray and unravel. I would never buy this style again.
Published 21 months ago by MommyLove

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for wide feet/orthotics, August 9, 2012
Matthew (GOSHEN, India) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids shoes, November 20, 2012
These shoes fit my son perfectly and are great shoes for school and sports. He loves the fact that they don't have laces!

5.0 out of 5 stars New Balance KV689 Running Shoe for Kids, October 31, 2012
New Balance is the only shoe I can find in extra wide in toddler sizes. True to size with the width to fit even while wearing thick socks in the winter. The stretch fake ties are super for allowing him to take off and put on and the velcro at the top is easy for little fingers too. Lightweight but durable - these are the 4th pair of NB shoes I have purchased and I have been able to pass them on to my nephew as they always retain their shape and structure. I wash them in my washing machine air dry them and they retain shape and color. Good value for price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Strap Issues, November 9, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubber on Sole separated, November 18, 2012
R. Withey (Vlg Loch Lloyd, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my 7yo grandson. He wore them for 2 months & the rubber on the sole separated. I would classify the pair we got as junk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 16, 2013
I have a bouncing autistic daughter that can wear out a pair of cheap shoes in two weeks. I was skeptical of buying her any shoes of quality as I assumed she'd ruin them almost as fast. She walks on her tip toes and kicks every wall, tree, stump, whatever, that she walks by. To my surprise, these shoes, with a bit of cleaning, are still holding up well enough to wear when we go out. I am shocked and amazed and will never buy her anything but New Balance Velcro shoes.

I give these shoes a ringing recommendation to all parents with an active child. For this price point, I have never seen a shoe last this long or continue to look this good.

2.0 out of 5 stars too narrow, January 22, 2013
nice looking but close to impossible for my 5 yr old to get her regular-sized foot into this shoe. Had to return.

2.0 out of 5 stars Look good, but..., December 30, 2012
These shoes look nice, but the strap in not long enough to go across in order to secure the velcro. I bought velcro so my son could put them on himself, but I have to loosen them to put on and then pull the strap super tight to reach all the way across.

1.0 out of 5 stars Coming apart after less than 2 weeks wearing, December 8, 2012
My 9 year old son wanted these and now, less than two weeks of him just wearing them to school, they are literally coming apart at the seams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tie my shoe!, May 10, 2013
These new balance shoes are so great for the toddlers who cannot tie their shoes yet ,our 3 year old grandson can manage these all by himself.

New Balance is by far the best shoes we have ever purchased for ourselves and our kids/grandkids, they wash well and dry quickly, and I do put them in the dryer on occasion even though it is suppose to be a no no!

Rate and Discover Movies