4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good
Published on September 7, 2011 by random guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect
I've worn out a lot of New Balance running shoes and I was eager to order these. They are almost perfect. My only complaint is the stability control on the inside of my heal is too severe. After a long run I end up with a bruise and soreness in this area.
Published on January 23, 2012 by STL Hiker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, September 7, 2011
This review is from: New Balance Men's M1260 Stability Running Shoe (Apparel)
As a previous owner of the NB 1223, 1224, and 1225, I was disappointed at the reviews of the 1226. Luckily NB also offered the 1260 as an upgrade. Compared to the 1225s these seem to be of slightly higher quality and comfort with one exception: The cushioning under the forward part of your foot feels thin. It's not that the cushioning isn't adequate, but it does feel thin and slightly firmer than the 1225. I do get a better sense of the terrain I'm moving across, but I do think that it encourages you to land more on your heel as a result. Perhaps the firmer cushioning leads to a longer-lasting sneaker - the 1225s did tend to wear out after a few months - but I've gotten used to the softer design. If the cushioning were slightly thicker I think these would be a great pair of sneakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best running shoes I have had in my 25+ years of running, July 27, 2012
I have been running relatively long distances (6-26 miles per run) for over 25 years and have tried many brands of running shoes. This is one of the best I have tried. And better yet, they're made (or at least "assembled") in America.

Different shapes of shoes work well for different people, but never go running in anything but RUNNING shoes or you will get injuries. (Cross-training shoes are NOT running shoes.) The typical runner should replace their running shoes every six months, or whenever the running shoes loose their "springy" feel they have when they are new. I replace mine every 3-4 months.

Despite my frequent shoe turn-over, I began having foot pains last year after long runs, which gave me significant discomfort while walking for a day or two afterward. I tried different running shoes, including other New Balance shoes, to no avail.

I figured, "Well, that old age," but as soon as I started running in these shoes, the pain stopped and I have been pain free, since. I feel young again!

The shoes arrived at my house surprisingly quickly, given that I opted for standard shipping. (I think it was about two or three days, but I can't be sure because UPS leaves package on my front doorstep, and I generally enter and leave my house via my garage.)

These running shoes have held up surprisingly well, especially considering that several miles of my run are along the barnacle-covered rocky shoreline of the south Puget Sound, which have caused some of my previous shoes to wear out after several runs.

I have since decided to order two more pair of these shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Balance 1260, January 23, 2012
The New Balance 1260 is an upgraded version of the old 1220 series. I have been wearing the series since 2000 (OG 1220's). These new ones are very comfortable and not cumbersome/heavy at all. I truly hope they do not wear out as fast as the 1226's did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love NB!, March 3, 2013
Loves NB shoes, military uses them as PT gear. Light weight and very stylish and the price is just right!

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, January 23, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars New Balance: A Winner Everytime, November 9, 2011
I am in Afghanistan and these shoes walk on everything from concrete, asphalt, mud, sand to large rocks. They are extremely comfortable no matter what I am walking on.

I wear a size 13W and finding shoes is sometimes very difficult, especially when ordering online since you cannot try them on. Every pair I have ever owned have always fit the same. I have tried other companies shoes, and though some of them fit ok, I always find my way back to NB.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recovering from injured ankle, September 18, 2011
Six months ago, I injured my ankle. I wanted a shoe that would give me good ankle support, was good for over pronating, and wasn't very heavy. This shoe has met my expectations. It is slightly heavier than running shoes I've worn in the past, but the trade-off is the support it gives my ankle. I will definitely buy this model again.

2.0 out of 5 stars not a successor to 1226; no good for wide feet, June 29, 2012
had hoped this was a successor to the discontinued 1226. i have a wide forefoot and find few shoes that fit as well as the NB 990 series and 1226. tried a 1260 2E and found they have changed the last. as a result, the new shoe has the same problem that many manufacturers can't figure out: a wide shoe needs to stay wide to end of the toe box. looks like i'll have to go back to the 990 series.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Feet Don't Hurt Anymore, January 4, 2012
F.L. "LA_Reader" (Big Bear Lake, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Balance Men's M1260 Stability Running Shoe (Apparel)
I have been a loyal New Balance customer for years but never knew exactly what kind of shoes were right for me. The last pair I owned was M690, which hurt my feet quite a bit. I did some research and found out I was suffering from plantar fasciitis. Those shoes didn't have enough support for my feet. This lead to me to find a New Balance store in my area--I wasn't about to blame New Balance just yet for my aching feet. Once at the store, I explained my situation to the sales associate and right away he recommended these shoes. Within minutes of walking on the hard linoleum surface inside the store, I knew that I had found the right shoes. I was impressed that what the sales associate had said was right on the money. I've typically deemed most sales associates as stock clerks with a gift for the gab, but in this case, the sales associate DID help me find something that was right. And without his help, I would have grabbed the wrong shoes that looked more stylish and seemed more comfortable because of words like "lightweight" but were actually wrong for me because they didn't give what my feet really needed. I'm happy not only with the shoes but the invaluable help I received from the store.

Upon my purchase, I came home and immediately put these bad boys to the test. I walked around my neighborhood, which is residential but very hilly-up and down all over the place-and typically two miles of running or walking in my last pair would have caused serious pain in my lower part of my feet. However, that wasn't the case with these--I was gliding on air, or it felt like it anyway. I felt my arches really dig down hard into the inside part of my shoes and I heard the hard support pushing back--squish, squish--the sound of music to someone who's had painful feet for months. Remember these shoes won't work for everybody--only for those who tend to overpronate, but if your feet are shaped like mine, you won't find better comfort...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, great price, September 7, 2012
Ashli Ahrens (MAUMELLE, AR, US) - See all my reviews
The first pair of New Balance 1260s (size 15!) my husband bought were from a local running store. He wore those out and went back to get another pair. The store and the company's website were out of his size in this model. That was good luck, actually, because we immediately did an Amazon search and found the very same shoe at a significantly better price. He's been going for his morning walk in this second pair of 1260s ever since they arrived. Exact same shoe, exact quality at a much better price. We'll be back to Amazon when this pair wears out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›