4.0 out of 5 stars Great training shoe
Used for Marathon Training (recently completed the Chicago Marathon in Oct 2012).
Published on November 23, 2012 by John

3.0 out of 5 stars tred coming off
Good fit and comfortable but the tred has been pealing off in multiple places after very few miles and time.
Published 10 months ago by Brandon Lindquist

4.0 out of 5 stars Great training shoe, November 23, 2012
Purchased purely out of peer pressure from a running buddy and the price. Not really a NB fan - but, wanted to give them a try. During my 20 week marathon training, any long run - longer than 9 miles - in the shoes would result in a blister on my left foot (only my left foot, and only with the 890s...none of my other shoes). So, I would only wear the 890s for runs less than 9 miles and I was fine. Upon completion of the Marathon, I started wearing the 890s on my weekly long run, and no blisters....so, I dunno. It is a lighter, long-mileage shoe (it looks heavier than it is). The shoe is now in my rotation for long runs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, October 25, 2012
I am two and a half weeks into these shoes. They felt great, good cushion and extremely lite. Please note that the 890 are design for the mid/fore foot strikers in mind. The heel drop will force you to use your calf more when compare to traditional running shoes. After my first 12 mile run, my calf did feel a little tight, almost to the point of low grade calf pull. May be is just my form, but the pain went away after the 2nd week. I hope they can last for more than 400 miles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid neutral shoe, but now made in China, June 18, 2013
I had transitioned from the NB 993 about a year ago to the NB 890V2. After a short transition period, I grew to love the 890. It was much lighter than the 993 and more stylish as well. I only run about 20 miles a week during training periods, and these shoes are perfect for my pace, gait, and running style.

The 890s I bought were made in the USA, like the 993s. When it was time to replace, I bought another pair of 890V2s off Amazon. Imagine my surprise when they showed up with a made in China label. NB says "To stay competitive and afloat in today's market some key changes in certain shoes were necessary in order to provide the best pair possible to serve it's specific purpose. We do appreciate the feed back, and you can be assured I have passed along your thoughts on our Made in the USA shoes." They still make about 25% or so of their shoes in the US, just not the 890s any longer.

All of that to say, I like the shoe and will likely look for another NB neutral that is made in the USA after this pair wears out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, August 5, 2012
Love these shoes !!im a letter carrier so I need good shoes and I've been wearing new balance since I started and new balance is a great company..these are very light !and amazing if you do a lot of walking and running ..I wear them all the time and I'm getting ready to grab another pair in a different colour ..Highly recommend

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent but bottom peeled off, February 17, 2014
This review is from: New Balance Men's M890v2 Neutral Running Shoe (Shoes)
I liked these shoes but the sole peeled up after light use. You would think a shoe company could make a shoe where the sole doesn't come unglued.

3.0 out of 5 stars tred coming off, January 11, 2014
This review is from: New Balance Men's M890v2 Neutral Running Shoe (Shoes)

5.0 out of 5 stars Part time runner, June 12, 2013
I run approximately 6-10 miles per week. And I have always enjoyed the fit of New Balances. This shoe is no different. It's light, comfortable, and if it's like any of my previous New Balance shoes it will be durable. Not to mention it looks great! This shoe makes you feel like you're running on your toes, but that's exactly what I like. It may not be for everyone, but it's the feel I enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe!, February 15, 2013
I normally don't get shoes with much color in them, I stick to black and white. And now a days it's near impossible to find a normal shoe without it being some hideous colors. But this shoe has great colors and in moderation. I have a wide foot and the 2E fits my feet perfectly. I ran 2 miles the first day and my feet felt fine after the run.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight shoe, January 19, 2013
I bought these on an Amazon.com special--$30 off a $90 shoe. They are very lightweight and seem well-made. I run about 35 miles a week. Usually buy Asics Cumulus which is a heavier shoe and one that seems to be sturdier built. Two months on the shoe and still holding up.

2.0 out of 5 stars very light weight, fit well, but not that supportive, December 29, 2012
I found these shoes unsupportive. They fit well and were very comfortable. They are unbelievably light weight. But I could not imagine running in them for long. There was no ;lateral support and they felt unstable to me.

New Balance Men's M890v2 Neutral Running Shoe