4.0 out of 5 stars Huge improvement over the MC804.
Almost as good as the MC803. 804 was so bad I played in my last pair of 803 until the sole fell off. Runs small: I had to order half a size larger than any other shoe I wear.
Published 17 months ago by Aviator

2.0 out of 5 stars a terrible step down from the 804
Published 11 months ago by Bob K

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge improvement over the MC804., July 24, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars a terrible step down from the 804, January 6, 2014
This review is from: New Balance Men's MC806 Stability Tennis Shoe (Shoes)
I have worn the NB 800 series shoes for a long time but after playing in the 806 I am done with the company. The 806 is a cheapened version of the 804. It runs narrow, the toe box is narrower and smaller. There is virtually no padding left in the tongue and no cushioning in the sole. The shoe is hard as a rock on the court and offers much less support than the old 804. Even the insole has been literally cut down and no longer provides a heel cup. It is too bad the company has given up on quality for cost cutting. They used to make a good product but I am looking elsewhere, probably ASICS, for my next pair of shoes. Reviews of other NB shoes on the NB website shows the same pattern of customer complaints about the cheapening of the new models of shoes. Very shortsighted on management's part from my perspective.

1.0 out of 5 stars 806 review, June 15, 2014
I have worn them 3 times now for tennis, I will not wear them again.
As others have written vs 804 its an inferior cheapened product but at $100+ they are not cheap
My tennis coach plays in Babolat for similar price..
First thing is the very poor insole, the 804 has a shaped insole with a heel cup.
The 806 has just a cheap basic liner, I ended up using the old insole from 804.
Another problem is they have gone from 7 lace holes to 6, the last lace holes are now higher up the foot.
I cannot get the shoe tied as tight as I like, it feels like my foot is slipping out.
In summary I am not happy with them for playing tennis.
I will play in my 804 until I find another brand I like.
I think New Balance now makes tennis shoes for walking around the mall not for serious tennis players playing hard court tennis.

1.0 out of 5 stars SHODDY WORKMANSHIP, April 11, 2014
This review is from: New Balance Men's MC806 Stability Tennis Shoe (Shoes)
I purchased this shoe in July 2013 for my husband at a cost of over $100. He has wide foot and New Balance has met his needs.

Until this shoe.

He plays tennis several times a week and had worn the shoe 11 times, alternating it with two other pairs.

Today the left toe of the shoe split -- a first ever occurrence in a New Balance tennis shoe for him, and he has worn New Balance since 1991. The leather split at the seam of the toe. The circular split is six inches long and the leather cover is brittle.

According to Amazon's return policies there is not much we can do. Guess we will donate the pair to charity and let someone try to secure the leather back to the shoe. Duct or electrical tape may hold the shoe together.

Shoddy workmanship! New Balance needs better quality control, especially on higher cost shoes.

What a waste of money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, September 8, 2013
Evangelina (Albany, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Balance Men's MC806 Stability Tennis Shoe (Shoes)
I am wearing size 12 and have wide feet. The sneakers were a touch snug for the first 20 minutes but after that they kind of stretched and fit perfectly. I use them for playing tennis, they give nice support and are very comfortable. So comfortable that I will be getting a second pair just as walking shoes. Best tennis shoes I ever owned!

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not fit correctly., November 2, 2013
I liked the fit of the MC804's better but they don't come in this size at Amazon. The MC806 were to small especially around the ball of the shoe.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tennis, March 12, 2014
I have been purchasing the new balance brand for years. I play tennis 10-12 hours a week. I like the brand for the consistency of size and product. However I find this last purchase the shoe is a little widener or sloppier in the fit for some reason. This is causing some sideward slip of my foot resulting in pain on outer edge of foot.
First time ever with this brand. . .

5.0 out of 5 stars great price for a very comfortable tennis shoe, December 19, 2013
Having flat feet with arthritis, I choose this shoe for it's motion control and stability. Have been using it for 1 month now. We'll see how the soles hold up as that was the only negative on some of the previous reviews.

Would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate shoe for racquetball, December 8, 2013
Shoe fits well but is not nearly as good for traction on wood floor as the older 653 with gum rubber sole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable tennis size for an odd sized foot, November 8, 2013
For me, great comfy shoe. No break-in period required. Some tennis shoes are very stiff and you wear them around the house for weeks or you only play in them for so long them switch on a changeover back to older pair. This style shoe can be ordered for a narrow foot (B). The only downside is they do not wear as well as other tennis shoes. But, if you are losing a big toe nail, and you need the correct sized shoe for an odd-sized foot this is the best shoe I have found!

New Balance Men's MC806 Stability Tennis Shoe